Do you still play a game after you get Platinum?

SuchRemorse

I'm new here and I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I was just curious and I was wonder. How many people still play a game after getting 100% trophies? Some games I really love but I feel like after all the trophies are collected then the game is TRULY finished and I move on. Anyone else?

Edited by SuchRemorse
  • Like 2

depends on the game.

for example the multyplayer games that I play, like overwatch, plants vs zombies garden warfare, resogun (well coop, I know), dont starve together. I play them not for platinum but for the fun with my friends. so I played the plated ones on and on, some of them aren't finished yet but I will play them after plat too.

There are games that I would have put aside earlier if it wasn't for the plat, so I don't touch them again after that, then there are games that I feel about just like you, plat gave me the perfect amount of time with this game to see everything and I am satisfied with that.

and some very good games will be in my console every now and then after plat. Mostly RPGs tbh like Final Fantasy and KH.

but I tend to buy cheap copies of other regions to double plat them, too.

I think in my life I have a limited amount of time to play games and if I want to see as much as possible I should go on and the plat is a good goal and a good marker to say, okay now I try a new one.

Edited by Ai-ds_low
  • Like 1

Unless I've played it at release and there's DLC to come then no.

Provided the trophies are done well the platinum means you've done everything the game has to offer so I'd rather move on to another experience. I usually sell the game as well. Might as well get something back from it to put towards a new game

• Like 1

If there's still stuff to do past the platinum, I always will. I just use trophies as a way to get more time out of a game so if there's more time to be had I'm gonna have it lol.

Hell, sometimes if the game doesn't need trophies for me to get more time out of it, I won't even worry about them.

Sure. I've made a run through two Atelier games just for leisure and hidden events I haven't seen yet and I've finished most of the post-game content in FF XV (Menace, Pitioss, max hunt rank) whenever I feel like working with the DLCs. But I don't see myself going back to Crash for example, since I have some R&C plats to work with instead.

I have on a few titles but it mostly was because of MP. I have played Killzone Shadow Fall and BF4 since I got the platinums and I have played the MLB the Show games after platinum. Most the time they don't require to play franchise or season mode for trophies and I enjoy that so they still have replayability after the plat has popped.

• Like 1

It depends.

Some platinums require you to do everything/most of the things the game has, so I don't feel the need to play the game anymore after getting the Platinum. In my case and looking at the PS4 games I played up to today, I normally don't . I also prefer playing single rather than online.

For example, I got Final Fantasy Type 0 HD's platinum on my second playtrough, but never finished that playtrough to get the canon ending. Plus, I unlocked a new difficulty and there is even an extra dungeon, but don't feel like doing it. Trophy potential with this game wasted, but in this case, I felt I enjoyed the game enough for now, even though I can still be rewarded with nice stuff (new costumes and such)

The same happenned with Far Cry 4 for example. I platinumed the game but in terms of progress, I'm at 80%. Most of the things left are just collectibles (and very few sidequests), but I won't get useful rewards for doing that. Feel like I'm going to waste my time, since I feel I enjoyed the game enough and done 90% of the missions.

But for example, I still play Tekken 7, even though I got the platinum. I've not been playing it a lot, but whenever I feel like punching some stuff or have just 10/15 minutes to play, I grab it.

Basically, I go with the flow of my feelings! xD

Games like Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 or Witcher 3 keep me playing even after I platinum it because there's still tons of content in it that I payed 60 dollars for. Also because it's fun. Shitty games like Orc Slayer? right after I platinum it I immediately uninstalled that shit. 

• Like 1

I have the platinum on Battlefield 4 but I don’t plan on buying the DLC since the DLC is too much money for me so just the platinum with 67% trophies is enough for me but I do play the game for fun sometimes because I love defuse mode in multiplayer.

Edited by Brettyboy888

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, definitely. I wouldn't just play games for trophies. I play for fun, and play games that don't have trophies. For example, Fortnite Battle Royale. Once I platinum a game like COD, Battlefield, Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, etc I would still play them because I play multiplayer for fun and not play for trophies. I play alot with my friends, and I join clans etc.

Edited by Kyle_Katarn_X