Do you still play a game after you get Platinum?

SuchRemorse

• 3 weeks later...

I think it also depends on how much yyou enjoyed the game while trying to get the platinum. For example, in Resident Evil games normally you have to finish the game way too many times to get the platinum, so it was in RE0, RE1 and among other. Also, I keep playing DOA6 after getting the plat, because the plat itself was way to easy and didn't give me the change to enjoy the game as much as I could have. The platinum is something very interesting, but it shouldn't be the only condition to play a game. I also play games whose platinum are very hard to get (Like de football games, GTA V, MKX, among others).

PS: I think this thread could be somewhere else, I don't see any reason to not count the post here.

Edited by BlackSnake1435

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Usually I move on because games take a long time to complete to earn the platinum. (for the most part)

Some games that I want to "replay" I will do so on my alt account so I can get the satisfaction of earning trophies again in that particular title and have fun with it once again.

I play one game solo to enjoy and plat, I feel the same way: getting the plat is to FULLY complete a game. But I have a lot of games I stopped playing because I ended up wanting to plat another game, so those games are put on a waiting list. :P I’ll get to them eventually.

When I plat a game, I pick one out of my library, thats the only one I download and tend to play. The other games I download are not necessarily for the plat but to play with friends.

Example: I can never put my mind to plat a trilogy in a row. I’d complete the first game of the trilogy, then my next few games would be something different. I like variety, platting all 3 Spyro games (trilogy) in a row isn’t fun imo, it gets boring like that, so I always go onto another game after the plat.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

MP focused games or Roguelike/lite games, yes if I'm enjoying them. I'll go far beyond the Plat/100% required to complete the list. My current example of this would be Riders Republic, which is like 50hrs max for the Plat estimate but I just went past 200hrs played (and I don't see myself stopping for a long while). Haven't felt such enjoyment out of a game since Diablo 3 launch which I put thousands of hours into.

SP games... no. Odds are I'll only revisit them if they get remastered way down the line and I liked it enough to play it again. Along side the obligatory DLC revisit as they're released.

Edited by Skurkitty

Before I played racing games after platinum, to complete some online achievements of the game itself as the customizable boards of NFS Most Wanted 2012 for example.

Now that I'm starting to follow a livestream career, I intend to play some games again. As I only play what I like, 90% end up playing in one way or another.

Depends on the game but it’s a game like Call of Duty or GTA then I’ll still play it since they’re multiplayer focused. But if it is a single player game I don’t see a point in me to keep playing the game.

Depends. 

If the game is "open ended", and it's still fun, i play it, also after platinum. A prime example would be FIFA 22. I finished the play some weeks after release, and i still play it, almost a year later. 

They release a lot of promos (cups, sbc's, objectives, and there's Squad battles, rivals, fut champs, etc etc).

An example of a game i really liked, but didn't play after platinum, would be Dragon Ball Kakarot and Dragon Ball FighterZ, since one is story based, and it was grindy in the end, so nothing left to do or go back to, and FighterZ was such a grind in the end, that it almost made me hate the game. 

So short answer : Yes, IF the game is still fun and has stuff to offer :) 

It's rare for me.

Like I still play Elden Ring, or Streets Of Rage 4, and about 20-30 of Arcade Archives, like Double Dragon and Bubble Bobble which I never delete after 100%, but yeah, I find myself having so little free time in later life and also no way to have local coop in the same room, except my wife on very rare occasions. So I usually do stop playing a game after platinum.

Likely the reason is my backlog. It takes me so long to get 100% or platinum on some games that I usually have my eye on another game to start playing (I have a ToStart folder and in order which games I want to start next and in which order) so the moment I get 100% on a game my first thought is "AWESOME, so what's next?" (as usually I hate looking at my "ToFinish" folder that has a ton of games at 90% or so and I don't feel like giong back to them yet, I'm looking at you Killing Force 2 with the endless infinite 1 trophies popping in every 2 months)

Most of the games I Platinum are single-player, so no. I usually put single-player games down once I'm done with them. I often replay them sometime down the line, but typically my replays only involve the campaign, and not going for 100% completion again.

Local multiplayer games I've Platinumed I tend to go back to more often for couch multiplayer sessions. The only games I continue playing consistently after I earn my Platinum are online multiplayer games that are still recieving content updates. However, the only game in my trophy collection at the moment that meets this criteria is Knockout City, so it's very uncommon for me to continue playing a game for an extended period of time after I earn my Platinum trophy.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

I used to when I was younger and had less disposable income. Nowadays, I just platinum and move on since I have less time but way more games in the backlog.  Love the feeling of getting the platinum and instantly deleting the game from my console lol. 

• Like 2

Rarery.  I can probably count on my fingers the amount of games in PS4-5 era that I've replayed sometime after getting the platinum. Sekiro, Bloodborne, Marvel's Spider-man, Batman Arkham Knight, Titanfall 2, Sifu, A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight.

I do have a great memory in regard of games, that's why I am usually bored on a second playthrough. If the game isn't mechanically engaging I'll probably never replay it. I wanted to replay Unch 4, but didn't make it past the auctionhouse.

I continue to play Genshin Impact up to this day and did much more than it is needed for a platinum 

Edited by Akrioz

Depends on the game, and what content is unrelated to the trophy list. If there’s a significant amount of content to be seen that didn’t tie to a trophy, and I enjoyed the game, I’ll probably keep playing until I’m satisfied that I’ve done everything. If the trophy list covers everything or close to it, or if by the time I popped the Plat I was just sick of looking at it, no.

There’s a few games that I enjoy coming back to, either just to mess around or because I have my own goals for them; Hitman is usually fun just to see what sort of hijinks I can cause, and Binding of Isaac will not be shelved permanently until I have Dead God on all three save slots. I also like looking at shiny rows of 100%s, so if a game adds DLC I will most likely come back to it at some point after the Platinum. Games that do content updates frequently and are good mindless fun also tend to stick around on my hard drive - Diablo 3 comes to mind in this regard.

I tend to steer clear of multiplayer focused games, but if I was heavily invested in one I would likely keep playing past the Plat as well.