NG+ Question

Mosik_YP

I managed to complete Knack the other day on normal difficulty and I thought I would move on to hard to get the trophy as well as stack on the collectables, but when I went back into the menu there was just an option to load the same save, there is no option to change difficulty. Am I missing something or will I have to create a new save?

You have to load the save where you beat the game and press continue. You can only play normal until you unlock all knacks basically, then go to hard and very hard right after.

It's annoying, I know. I'm on my third normal playthrough and just need two more diamonds then I can move to hard and very hard. 

Very annoying. I would also like to ask what happens if you've collected all the parts and relics except for the diamond ones, meaning that will they only spawn in the crates or are you likely to get duplicate parts? Is it RNG or once you've collected all others, only the remaining item will be in the crates.

6 minutes ago, Mosik_YP said:

Very annoying. I would also like to ask what happens if you've collected all the parts and relics except for the diamond ones, meaning that will they only spawn in the crates or are you likely to get duplicate parts? Is it RNG or once you've collected all others, only the remaining item will be in the crates.

Nope..they are completely random and rare...

Gadget Parts only appear once. So once you obtain a certain part they won't appear on a chest again unless you start a new game.

Gems, like the diamond, appear on chests once per playthrough and they are random (they appear with a star rating that tells the rarity, diamond and green gems are the rarest with full starts). The problem is that duplicate appear, meaning that even after obtaining the amount necessary of a particular gem to unlock a Knack upgrade you can still obtain it.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:07 AM, NutellaOrgies said:

You have to load the save where you beat the game and press continue. You can only play normal until you unlock all knacks basically, then go to hard and very hard right after.

It's annoying, I know. I'm on my third normal playthrough and just need two more diamonds then I can move to hard and very hard. 

I did Hard with normal knack.  Got 2 diamonds on the run, but some of those checkpoints are brutal.  Overall 4/10 difficulty.