tezgamer

Trump blames video games for mass shootings

148 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

If you assume there are only two solutions for this, either restrict gun laws or arm teahcers, the quick fix would be to arm teachers. It doesn't look like American politics are ready to change the laws anytime soon, so why not do WHATEVER you can to ensure you're not getting killed by some maniac.

 

 

What if the teacher turns into a maniac and shoots down the kids? Ever thought about it from that view point? Nope... This isn't a case where you can fight fire with fire. What's next? Send kids to school with a handgun in their backpacks?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, madbuk said:

So why does US have guns in the first place? Who the fuck knows.

 

"The right to bear arms" is the second amendment to the US Constitution.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Okay so why is US the only one with a school shooting problem on a regular basis? I don't remember when the last school shooting in UK was, and it's certainly not a regular occurrence.

It wouldn't serve as a deterrent, if anything it'd increase the number of school students as kids manage to steal the guns. You can bet that there will be many teachers who don't secure them properly. It's just adding even more guns to the equation when the actual solution is to remove them entirely. There is no reason to own a gun outside of the army unless you intend to kill someone, which is illegal. So why does US have guns in the first place? Who the fuck knows.

 

@madbuk. I like you. Lots of things you say speak to your character and I think you're pretty smart, but your comparisons here are so illogical on so many fronts. 

 

Your bolded sentence speaks to the culture you grew up in, rather than universal logic. And the sentence you end on, I was assured everyone already knows the answer to in the other thread: 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The right to bear arms is to protect themselves against government. Otherwise you end up with like what we have in the UK where you get jail time for Facebook posts.

In the US, if you enforced gun control the only people you would be punishing are honest citizens, since now the only people who have guns are criminals. And you've just disarmed everyone. That'll be fun. Gun crime is on the rise in the UK as well, but guns are illegal, how is that happening? Grenades are illegal as well but Sweden is having problems. Ban grenades! Oh wait..

 

Trump is right when he says these people head to schools because it's a gun free zone and they know no one will be firing back at them. It's like a free pass.

As for his achievements, reducing national debt and getting more people into employment than previously is exactly what a president is supposed to do. Regardless if he likes to bitch on Twitter, he's doing a good job imo. I don't even know why people hate him so much in the first place.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

What if the teacher turns into a maniac and shoots down the kids? Ever thought about it from that view point? Nope... This isn't a case where you can fight fire with fire. What's next? Send kids to school with a handgun in their backpacks?

 

I've seen enough security cam footage of armed robberies that have been prevented by armed staff to belive that arming teachers would at least slim down the chance of a shooting.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

 

I've seen enough security cam footage of armed robberies that have been prevented by armed staff to belive that arming teachers would at least slim down the chance of a shooting.

 

 

 

Schools and Banks/Stores. Two completely different things. Risk of casualties in the first case is way higher, also consider the average age of the people around you. Also, by arming teachers, you're potentially giving free access to weapons to a student (who could be mentally unstable). Imagine a teacher recklessly leaves a gun around and a student shoots someone else because they were bullying them or something? Who's gonna get the blame then? The teacher? The student? The government for arming them? It raises a whole new issue. People are seeing this from only one or two perspectives. 

Edited by IntenseFATE98
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For real though, teachers don't get enough money as it is to provide adequate classroom supplies.  They are there to educate, not be the first line of defense against a school shooter. 

 

I feel as though there needs to be more vetting for people to own guns - I mean as an immigrant I have to pass thorough background checks and medical to even live in the country.  In terms of the medical, mental health conditions could make someone inadmissible to the US - a similar thing should be applied to guns but oh wait....Trump repealed a measure that would have plausibly prevented certain classes of mentally ill from purchasing firearms :facepalm:

 

I personally don't think military style weapons like AR-15 should be sold and indeed there was a 10 year federal ban on assault weapons that was allowed to lapse.  Most politicians are bought by the NRA anyway so I doubt we will see any changes - other than the current scapegoating of violent video games, movies etc.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

People are seeing this from only one or two perspectives. 

Well yes, but isn't that exactly what you're doing too? You won't even consider the positives to the solution. This is all just armchair politics anyways, in any case, the details would have to be worked out to bring the risk to a minimum. But you'd also have to take the risk that one out of 1000 teachers is a fucking idiot and let's the gun lie on their table. 

 

This isn't even my prefered solution btw, but in light of the US goverment apparently being unable or unwilling to change the current laws you HAVE to start looking for alternatives, even though they might not be perfect. It's called compromising. If this continues to happen at some point probably parents will start aiming their kids on their own accord out of fear for their lives, who knows. I'm not saying just accept that the gov is not doing anything, keep pushing for better gun laws, but in the meantime don't just sit around twidling thumbs and waiting for the next school shooting by dismissimg any ideas just because Donald Trump is the one who uttered it.

Edited by NanaCheese94
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

As for why the US has guns, it's in their constitution - the right to keep and bear arms. It's there to give power to the people, and even though I'm British, I must say, I have a great deal of respect for the principles the US was founded on.

 

27 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

@madbuk. I like you. Lots of things you say speak to your character and I think you're pretty smart, but your comparisons here are so illogical on so many fronts. 

 

Your bolded sentence speaks to the culture you grew up in, rather than universal logic. And the sentence you end on, I was assured everyone already knows the answer to in the other thread:

The question was more why is that still a part of the constitution and not voted out of it rather than why is it legal in the first place :P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

 

You are locked in a room.

 

There are 99 other people in that room. 

 

1 of those people is a homicidal maniac, intent on killing people, though you don’t know who it is.

 

A loaded gun is is on the floor in the centre of the room, and you have two levers.

 

The first lever will drop that gun down a hole in the floor, removing it from the room.

 

The second lever will drop 99 more loaded guns into the room, enough for everyone to have one.

 

 

Would you feel safer pulling the first lever, or the second? 

 

 

Firstly this is nonsense scenario, secondly if you put more guns in that situation you potentially have 100 people shooting instead of 1. 100 scared people with guns is probably not gonna end well.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You are locked in a room.

There are 99 other people in that room.

1 of those people is a homicidal maniac, intent on killing people, though you don’t know who it is.

A loaded gun is is on the floor in the centre of the room, and you have two levers.

The first lever will drop that gun down a hole in the floor, removing it from the room.

The second lever will drop 99 more loaded guns into the room, enough for everyone to have one.

 

Would you feel safer pulling the first lever, or the second?

 

What a dumb comparison.

Either way solves the problem though, with everyone having a gun as soon as your 'homicidal maniac' pointed a gun at people he would be shot. Most homicidal maniacs don't want to become another immediate victim though without being able to relish in their kill or the panic they inflict, so there is a good chance that all 100 people would just sit quietly until let out of the room.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

 

I've seen enough security cam footage of armed robberies that have been prevented by armed staff to belive that arming teachers would at least slim down the chance of a shooting.

 

 

 

The guy that prepare himself to go on a school or an other place to massively kill poeple, they must apprenend to be kill anyway (by the police or by a teacher, they don't care). They usually don't end up like Cruz (alive). So they will go anyway and they will kill people. But if you made it harder for them to arm themselves, why is it illogical to think that it will discourage them to do it. Some will of course find a way, but entering in a school with a pistol will do a lot less damage than entering with a semi-auto rifle.

 

Teachers already have a ton of pressure to educate the students, on top of that they will have to train to protect the childrens.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

 

The question was more why is that still a part of the constitution and not voted out of it rather than why is it legal in the first place :P

 

The NRA has bought a lot of politicians and people are generally scared of their second amendment rights being taken away - Trump has fear-mongered that during his campaign speeches and even today at his CPAC speech.

 

America is a strange place, where kinder eggs are banned but semi-automatic weapons aren't...

 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not into politics,but was Clinton so much worse than him? At least he didn't blame music

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NanaCheese94 said:

Well yes, but isn't that exactly what you're doing too? You won't even consider the positives to the solution. This is all just armchair politics anyways, in any case, the details would have to be worked out to bring the risk to a minimum. But you'd also have to take the risk that one out of 1000 teachers is a fucking idiot and let's the gun lie on their table. 

 

This isn't even my prefered solution btw, but in light of the US goverment apparently being unable or unwilling to change the current laws you HAVE to start looking for alternatives, even though they might not be perfect. It's called compromising. If this continues to happen at some point probably parents will start aiming their kids on their own accord out of fear for their lives, who knows. I'm not saying just accept that the gov is not doing anything, keep pushing for better gun laws, but in the meantime don't just sit around twidling thumbs and waiting for the next school shooting.

 

I'm not considering the positives (if it even has any?) because it's not the solution IMO. I know the US will never fully ban weapons, but they can atleast put severe restrictions. Why would anyone need semi/fully automatic rifles to defend themselves in their own country? It doesn't make sense to me lol. A proper compromise would be to get better gun regulations, not put out more guns in public and potentially worsen the case (or maybe by a very small chance reduce the violence? :rolleyes: ). Will the government even pay for the weapons or will it come out of the school's budget? America will probably end up spending more on weapons than on their youth's education. Weapons are banned in most countries and they rarely (or never) have shooting occurences. They've mentally unstable students, they still have access to the same food, movies, video games etc. The problem in this case is fairly obvious. All my opinion anyways, feel free to disagree.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That’s wierd, because here in the UK we have all the same videogames as they do over there, but we don’t have school shootings....

 

wait...

 

y’reckon It might have more to do with all the guns?

 

All the guns? Gun violence has rapidly decreased over the years, and the number of guns have rapidly increased. As soon as you say the phrase 'gun control', the number of guns and gun sales is driven ever more higher.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, madbuk said:

 

The question was more why is that still a part of the constitution and not voted out of it rather than why is it legal in the first place :P

 

Removing the 2nd Amendment to the constitution is way more of a process than a vote. The whole point of the Amendments were to establish Rights, unlike what was going on it lots of other countries, Restrictions for citizens. That's why they're referred to as the Bill of Rights.

 

In fact, it's unprecedented. Essentially, theoretically, it would require just about all of the government to support it at the same time. Just about all of the government agreeing to revoke a Right guaranteed to the citizens is exactly the type of scenario that makes citizens want to arm themselves.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

 

I'm not considering the positives (if it even has any?) because it's not the solution IMO. I know the US will never fully ban weapons, but they can atleast put severe restrictions. Why would anyone need semi/fully automatic rifles to defend themselves in their own country? It doesn't make sense to me lol. A proper compromise would be to get better gun regulations, not put out more guns in public and potentially worsen the case (or maybe by a very small chance reduce the violence? :rolleyes: ). Will the government even pay for the weapons or will it come out of the school's budget? America will probably end up spending more on weapons than on their youth's education. Weapons are banned in most countries and they rarely (or never) have shooting occurences. They've mentally unstable students, they still have access to the same food, movies, video games etc. The problem in this case is fairly obvious. All my opinion anyways, feel free to disagree.

 

Well it doesnt make much sense to argue further, I'm not going to convince you to see a different perspective. Also, both of those solutions will not be put into action within the next year most likely anyways. If anything, they are probably finaly gonna make those bumpers illegal, that turn semi automatics into full automatics. Thats a step into the right direction at least

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

 

I've seen enough security cam footage of armed robberies that have been prevented by armed staff to belive that arming teachers would at least slim down the chance of a shooting.

 

 

The sheriff’s deputy (read: a trained, armed police officer) assigned to the school did nothing. Literally, waited outside until seventeen students and teachers were gunned down. Arming teachers is the most unnecessarily chaotic and reckless solution to a massive national issue, and just more money in the pockets of the gun manufacturers fighting so hard against any meaningful legislation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zondares said:

The sheriff’s deputy (read: a trained, armed police officer) assigned to the school did nothing. Literally, waited outside until seventeen students and teachers were gunned down. Arming teachers is the most unnecessarily chaotic and reckless solution to a massive national issue, and just more money in the pockets of the gun manufacturers fighting so hard against any meaningful legislation.

 

Well yeah, shame on that deputy for not reacting then. That doesn't have anything to do with my point though. Fact is, there have been robberies and possibly murders prevented by victims carrying guns. A porperly trained teacher with a handgun could stop a shooter or possibly prevent the shooting from happening in the first place (due to intmidation)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I am not into politics,but was Clinton so much worse than him? At least he didn't blame music

 

  • Clinton's pushed the whole 'Blame the Russians!' when it was them doing the colluding.
  • Hilary was like 'Yeah feminism, support victims of rape!' until people reminded her that her husband is a rapist and that she threatened and ignored those women.
  • Depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, they have multiple established connections with large pedophile rings. (take this with a grain of salt though. There's circumstantial evidence but ehhhh.)
  • Clinton sold Russia Uranium for their nukes.
  • They also swindled the majority of the 'Help Haiti' donation money, hardly any of that money actually got to Haiti.
  • There's also the running joke that anyone who tries to testify against the Clintons commits suicide by 2 bullets to the back of the head.
  • Hillary has also been 'diagnosed' with a psychopathic personality disorder. Her book blames her failings on literally everyone else. She views herself as this perfect, infallible person who can never do anything wrong, and that it's other people holding her down.
  • She knew a terrorist attack would happen in Benghazi and did nothing to evacuate the US victims, leaving them to die.
  • When talking about deceased US soldiers she said 'What does it matter?'.
  • She called people of colour 'super predators'.

 

She gives literally zero fucks about anyone.

Edited by Asvinia
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.