tezgamer

Trump blames video games for mass shootings

148 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, tezgamer said:

Wtf is that?

Black people are more prone to violence and are less rational than white people because of a warrior gene?

You brought up black people, not I 😝 

How many of these mass shootings were done by black people?

The exact number? No clue, one source I just checked said 16. Why does it matter if they're black or not?

I made several points about prison but the one you chose to pick up on was the one about black people that says a lot about you character.

Way to edit your post after the fact 😏 you brought race into this. I was replying to you pointing out blacks are more likely to be put in prison. What place does that have in the discussion? It is your character that should be in question, but I won't go there.

Edited by KingdomxSouls

I saw some headlines about this but i thought i wouldnt bother (and i'm still not going too), but of course it was Trump, who else? 😂

8 minutes ago, KingdomxSouls said:

You brought up black people, not I 😝 

The exact number? No clue, one source I just checked said 16. Why does it matter if they're black or not?

If you want to quote me please use the whole quote so that people can have some context not selected sentences. We can disagree with each other that's fine. But lets keep it honest.

Just now, tezgamer said:

If you want to quote me please use the whole quote so that people can have some context not selected sentences. We can disagree with each other that's fine. But lets keep it honest.

Nice try, but I caught that you edited your post, dude 😏

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I didn't say they could, but there's surprisingly a lot of violence in movies with lower age ratings. I think I heard about a scene in one of the newer Star Wars movies that has someone getting disintegrated into a cloud of blood by a ceiling fan at one point and kids can go see that like it's nothing. Haven't watched those movies, so I can't say for sure, but I bet others can come up with examples from other movies that are "suitable for kids/young teens". The point is, as a culture, the West (and more specifically the US) has been desensitised to violence.

It used to be way worse though. I'm almost 30, and when I was growing up, PG movies could drop F-bombs and kids' cartoons had plenty of blood and even organs. I hesitate to say that it's just as simple as a desensitization towards violence, because I'm completely unbothered by the likes of Saw or GTA, but a few years back when facebook friends were posting videos of those kids getting gassed, I felt sick. Most people can't stomach degloving images or pictures of real life war atrocities, even if they're fine with fiction.

You can usually tell something's off with these shooters even before they get exposed to violent imagery...mistreating the family pet as a tyke, etc. Once they see violent movies, it might escalate, but most of them were messed up even before that.

8 minutes ago, KingdomxSouls said:

Nice try, but I caught that you edited your post, dude 😏

I started before I read your reply the notification popped before I finished typing. I'm not the most tech savvy so it takes a while. There was no intention of anything underhand.

Another edit.

Just to clarify the only thing I edited was the addition of the last sentence. Nothing else was changed.

Edited by tezgamer

Oh boy! A political thread! :P 

As always, feel free to say what's on your mind but please don't make it to where we have to shut the thread down because it devolves into everyone just flinging crap at each other xD

25 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Oh boy! A political thread! :P 

As always, feel free to say what's on your mind but please don't make it to where we have to shut the thread down because it devolves into everyone just flinging crap at each other xD

giphy.gif

bwahahaha whoever survives this thread, Mango himself will carry you to the gates of PSNP-halla, you will shitpost eternal, shiny and PLAT

Z1dhERY.png

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up

Just now, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

giphy.gif

bwahahaha whoever survives this thread, Mango will carry you to the gates of PSNP-halla, you will shitpost eternal, shiny and PLAT

Looks like you're already in shitpost heaven, your post number is 777!

I remember the good ol days when they simply blamed Marilyn Manson instead of video games. But in all seriousness there seem to be a school shooting almost every year in the US but not in other countries. Might be because in other countries you dont get a firearm when opening a bank account.

At last back to the main topic. Trump is in my opinion an idiot but he is not the first nor will he be the last person to blame video games for terrible events. He is however the president of the United States and should be more informed before he speaks. Many people do support him and listen to what he says. He therefore has a massive responsibility to his people to tell the truth.Using video games and movies as a scapegoat in an interview about school security so soon after recent events is not only foolish but helps prevent serious discussion about the real issues.

4 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Way to show your own maximum ignorance and disqualify yourself from any mature discussion on this topic.

my backside of the head* ftfy

Giving a perfect example of why corporal punishment is so detrimental, at least.

Nothing of what you said makes an ounce of sense. I stand by what I've said in that post and others. Please... keep a normal conversation going.

I love how quickly people jumped on me when I made a status update on Trump the day he won the election. They were going “oh you’re complaining and whining” and “you’re an idiot”, blah blah blah. 

More people need to face the reality here. Trump cannot properly run as president, he has to have other people do all the busy work for him. He can’t handle foreign affairs, he makes racist and offensive comments on virtually anyone he doesn’t like, and he spends more time holed up typing on his Twitter account than he ever will trying to fix the serious problems America has right now. He filed for bankruptcy four freaking times, and he has a long track record of screwing people over, going back decades.

Does anyone think Trump is going to do anything on mental health, the more likely cause of these mass shootings? 

Blaming violent video games for mass shootings has been done so many times I am sick and tired of it. Taxing these games isn’t going to do anything. Neither is waiting until a tragedy happens. 

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I love how quickly people jumped on me when I made a status update on Trump the day he won the election. They were going “oh you’re complaining and whining” and “you’re an idiot”, blah blah blah. 

More people need to face the reality here. Trump cannot properly run as president, he has to have other people do all the busy work for him. He can’t handle foreign affairs, he makes racist and offensive comments on virtually anyone he doesn’t like, and he spends more time holed up typing on his Twitter account than he ever will trying to fix the serious problems America has right now. He filed for bankruptcy four freaking times, and he has a long track record of screwing people over, going back decades.

Does anyone think Trump is going to do anything on mental health, the more likely cause of these mass shootings? 

Blaming violent video games for mass shootings has been done so many times I am sick and tired of it. Taxing these games isn’t going to do anything. Neither is waiting until a tragedy happens. 

Yeah mental health is one reason this happens but i also think another reason is how easy it is to get firearms in the US. Doubt shooting/murders like this would happen this often if it was alot harder to get firearms or if the perpetrator had to use a knife.

8 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah mental health is one reason this happens but i also think another reason is how easy it is to get firearms in the US. Doubt shooting/murders like this would happen this often if it was alot harder to get firearms or if the perpetrator had to use a knife.

True. But the problem is a lot of Americans will never let strict gun laws to pass. People here treat guns like they treat alcohol. You ban either one of those and there would be riots in the streets. 

Edited by Spaz

The best way to take care of the school shootings is simply to just issue each student and teacher a firearm each day upon entering the school.  that way everyone will be armed and make quick work of any mass shooter.  

Just now, Spaz said:

True. But the problem is a lot Americans will never let strict gun laws to pass. People here treat guns like they treat alcohol. You ban either one of those and there would be riots in the streets. 

Yeah from what i understand the 2nd amendment is a big thing for Americans but still i think everyone over there would benefit from less weapons, but no one want to give up their own weapons or their right to defend themselfs. But even if weapons would get less scarce and harder to come by ppl would still be able to get if they wanted one since there are so many in circulation. 

In Sweden about every 10 year there is a weapon amnesty meaning anyone can turn in any weapons with no fear of prosecution. This is something that Americans might be able to do to get some weapons of the street.

20 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

The best way to take care of the school shootings is simply to just issue each student and teacher a firearm each day upon entering the school.  that way everyone will be armed and make quick work of any mass shooter.  

You give about 300 kids, probably more, a gun and expect that to be more safe than none of the kids having guns?

Jesus, and I thought the suggestion to give teachers guns was terrifying enough.

2 hours ago, tezgamer said:

Times change and people and policies have to change with them. 

The problem is most people are ignorant with how America came to be. There was always a huge emphasis on guns. The Revolutionary War, Civil War, the Prohibition Era, the Civil Rights Movement, the LA Riots and Rodney King case, and now school shootings. 

Many of the people who have power in America are delusional and don’t speak for the common public. There was little Obama could do with gun control. 

It seems like most of these mass shooters are trying to replicate what happened at Columbine in 1999 and Virginia Tech in 2007. I thought I had seen the worst in 2012 when that kid shot and killed over 20 little kids at that elementary school. But nope, school shootings continue to happen. 

Edited by Spaz

My son is obsessed with Minecraft, I will keep my eye on him! As soon as he starts befriending sheep and taking apart my house I will get him checked out.

12 minutes ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

My son is obsessed with Minecraft, I will keep my eye on him! As soon as he starts befriending sheep and taking apart my house I will get him checked out.

Minecraft has never appealed to me for some reason. I think it draws comparisons to building your own LEGO set.