Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Siwz

Siwz's Dispute

38 posts in this topic

Siwz

inFamous
Yeah, i did that. But it was 8 Years ago. I didn' t how i did that exactly. It was a mistake, please take my apology

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
I didn't noticed that. Never know how i did that. When i could delete some Trophys, i would this Game first.

You did the same stuff for inFamous, MW2 and Fuel... That's unfortunately 3 flags, so you're permanently off.

15 minutes ago, Siwz said:

Yes, but it was 8 fn Years ago.

It doesn't matter how long ago you did it, cheated trophylists are still not wanted on the leaderboards. Therefore, you're off.Simple as that. Wouldn't be fair to those who cheated a month ago either, since they could say "if only I had cheated earlier, I would've gotten away with it"

42 minutes ago, Mr_Skirra said:

It doesn't matter how long ago you did it, cheated trophylists are still not wanted on the leaderboards. Therefore, you're off.Simple as that. Wouldn't be fair to those who cheated a month ago either, since they could say "if only I had cheated earlier, I would've gotten away with it"

Only recently there's been a case of a guy who cheated games over 35 years ago (Todd Rodgers) who has just recently been exposed and he got all his scores removed from Twin Galaxies and also had a Guinness World Record revoked. It doesn't matter how long ago someone did it, they'll be flagged. I do think it's somewhat unfair to flag people for things they did before PSNProfiles existed because they wouldn't know the consequences because no trophy sites flagged people at the time he cheated. 

I do think what he did shouldn't affect his entire profile for the rest of his life, because it was 8 years ago. 8 years ago I was 14 years old, I can't begin to explain how much I've changed as a person since then. I kind of think an old hacked games leniency limit should be applied to this website which allows people to have 5 flagged games from a date before PSNProfiles existed, however that would probably take up too many resources, so the only thing this guy can do is restart on PSN or keep going but not be able to view himself on the leaderboards again. 

What I am surprised about is that he has the "Real World Winner" trophy from FIFA 09 with a legit time stamp, more often than not people were hacking that trophy after it became unobtainable. 

Edited by Sergen

2 hours ago, Siwz said:

Siwz

inFamous
Yeah, i did that. But it was 8 Years ago. I didn' t how i did that exactly. It was a mistake, please take my apology

No statute of limitations on trophy hacking.

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Only recently there's been a case of a guy who cheated games over 35 years ago (Todd Rodgers) who has just recently been exposed 

Haha, I actually followed the entire thing with the Dragster game and so on. He has (had) highscores that weren't even possible on a manipulated perfect time frame by frame. 

Anyways, I might agree on the leniency of 5 games ( or maybe 1 extra from before PSNprofiles existed + the usual rule), but even back then cheating was just cheating. Hacking was hacking. It was frowned upon back then as well ( even though that was Xbox, I remember microsoft banning a bunch of people for hacking gamescores as well) so this is no different. 

Anyway, I don't think it will be implemented, we would see the return of a ton of disputes from other people who got removed from the leaderboards prior to the "new rule" as well and it would lead to weeks of backtracking for the admins here to unban people. 

11 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Only recently there's been a case of a guy who cheated games over 35 years ago (Todd Rodgers) who has just recently been exposed and he got all his scores removed from Twin Galaxies and also had a Guinness World Record revoked. It doesn't matter how long ago someone did it, they'll be flagged. I do think it's somewhat unfair to flag people for things they did before PSNProfiles existed because they wouldn't know the consequences because no trophy sites flagged people at the time he cheated. 

I do think what he did shouldn't affect his entire profile for the rest of his life, because it was 8 years ago. 8 years ago I was 14 years old, I can't begin to explain how much I've changed as a person since then. I kind of think an old hacked games leniency limit should be applied to this website which allows people to have 5 flagged games from a date before PSNProfiles existed, however that would probably take up too many resources, so the only thing this guy can do is restart on PSN or keep going but not be able to view himself on the leaderboards again. 

What I am surprised about is that he has the "Real World Winner" trophy from FIFA 09 with a legit time stamp, more often than not people were hacking that trophy after it became unobtainable. 

This is a misconception similar to "rare" trophies vs. "difficult" trophies.

The flags are about the illegitimate trophies and the account, not the person. The person can change all they want, their affected account won't. Exceptions for anything that happened before PSNP don't make sense.

Bold characters above = viable option. If the person changed that much, they probably wouldn't want a "stained" profile anyway.

1 minute ago, fastflowdaman said:

This is a misconception similar to "rare" trophies vs. "difficult" trophies.

The flags are about the illegitimate trophies and the account, not the person. The person can change all they want, their affected account won't. Exceptions for anything that happened before PSNP don't make sense.

Bold characters above = viable option. If the person changed that much, they probably wouldn't want a "stained" profile anyway.

I can see why he'd rather continue with his account and want to hide the flags, because he has some unobtainable FIFA platinums and so on, which he will never get back. People could change in the sense that they won't hack trophies again and something they did 8 years ago makes people think they're only good for cheating. Being flagged is an embarrassment to a profile, no matter how much people argue "it doesn't necessarily indicate cheating", everyone thinks you've cheated if you're flagged. None of these people thought "a website is going to become a big judge of my trophy list, but it doesn't exist yet" when they did cheat some trophies. Now what this guy has done 8 years ago has tarnished a profile that he's spent 8 years working on, more of his games were legitimately done than hacked but those few hacks from such a long time ago have ruined the credibility of his trophy list. 

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I can see why he'd rather continue with his account and want to hide the flags, because he has some unobtainable FIFA platinums and so on, which he will never get back. People could change in the sense that they won't hack trophies again and something they did 8 years ago makes people think they're only good for cheating. Being flagged is an embarrassment to a profile, no matter how much people argue "it doesn't necessarily indicate cheating", everyone thinks you've cheated if you're flagged. None of these people thought "a website is going to become a big judge of my trophy list, but it doesn't exist yet" when they did cheat some trophies. Now what this guy has done 8 years ago has tarnished a profile that he's spent 8 years working on, more of his games were legitimately done than hacked but those few hacks from such a long time ago have ruined the credibility of his trophy list

Only if you let that website be your judge. You don't have to use the leaderboards or the website at all. If you are interested in the leaderboards (which are meaningless anyway, but to each his own): A list free of hacks or cheats is the ticket.

Exactly. Hacks, no matter when they happened, have ruined the credibility of the affected trophy lists.

3 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Only if you let that website be your judge. You don't have to use the leaderboards or the website at all. If you are interested in the leaderboards (which are meaningless anyway, but to each his own): A list free of hacks or cheats is the ticket.

Exactly. Hacks, no matter when they happened, have ruined the credibility of the affected trophy lists.

Sometimes things that happened such a long time ago should just be forgotten. It's like if someone smoked weed in a legalised country, then later on the country decided to make smoking weed illegal, but they rounded up anyone who smoked weed while it was legal and arrested them, the law didn't exist so people did it but when the new law was enforced, they cracked down on people who had since stopped smoking weed but smoked it while it was legal. PSNProfiles didn't exist and no trophy websites were flagging people for what this guy did at the time, so people were lead to believe they could do it without any punishment, but PSNProfiles came along and punished them for something they had likely since forgotten. 

Edited by Sergen

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Sometimes things that happened such a long time ago should just be forgotten. It's like if someone smoked weed in a legalised country, then later on the country decided to make smoking weed illegal, but they rounded up anyone who smoked weed while it was legal and arrested them, the law didn't exist so people did it but when the new law was enforced, they cracked down on people who had since stopped smoking weed but smoked it while it was legal. PSNProfiles didn't exist and no trophy websites were flagging people for what this guy did at the time, so people were lead to believe they could do it without any punishment, but PSNProfiles came along and punished them for something they had likely since forgotten. 

It's a meaningless leaderboard on an irrelevant website. There is no "punishment".

For many things in life you need to meet certain criteria or you won't be allowed to participate. That's not a punishment, it's more like an option you are not granted.

I’ve found like 10 more games you’ve cheated without really even trying.  Didn’t bother reporting since you’re already off the leaderboards.  

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

The problem I see here is people who hack before they start using the website can use the same line, "well I hacked it before I knew the website tracked stats so it shouldn't be flagged" 

1 minute ago, Muskratateer said:

The problem I see here is people who hack before they start using the website can use the same line, "well I hacked it before I knew the website tracked stats so it shouldn't be flagged" 

If the website existed, people wouldn't need to believe that, but when the website never existed in the first place, people wouldn't know what they were doing was wrong. 

Just now, Sergen said:

If the website existed, people wouldn't need to believe that, but when the website never existed in the first place, people wouldn't know what they were doing was wrong. 

Yeah but the same thing could be said to someone logging in for the first time ever and finding the game they hacked last week is flagged. They didn't know the website existed until now so they should be unflagged 

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Only recently there's been a case of a guy who cheated games over 35 years ago (Todd Rodgers) who has just recently been exposed and he got all his scores removed from Twin Galaxies and also had a Guinness World Record revoked.

Doesn't he hold the record for Dragster?

7 minutes ago, Muskratateer said:

Yeah but the same thing could be said to someone logging in for the first time ever and finding the game they hacked last week is flagged. They didn't know the website existed until now so they should be unflagged 

They clearly knew the website exists if they came on it because they were flagged. But if we turn back time to 8 years ago, did anyone in the world ever say “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, some day a website is going to flag you and publicly embarrass your profile in a dispute thread in 8 years from now”? I bet back when this guy did what he did, Sly hadn’t even started designing PSNProfiles, let alone the website even existing. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

They clearly knew the website exists if they came on it because they were flagged. But if we turn back time to 8 years ago, did anyone in the world ever say “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, some day a website is going to flag you and publicly embarrass your profile in a dispute thread in 8 years from now”? I bet back when this guy did what he did, Sly hadn’t even started designing PSNProfiles, let alone the website even existing. 

But let's say they didn't know it existed and found it today. You're saying that they could get that flag technically lifted due to the fact they didn't know it existed. Look, hacking is hacking and it's frowned upon in almost every instance, they cheated a game whether they knew the forums existed or not.

Just now, Muskratateer said:

But let's say they didn't know it existed and found it today. You're saying that they could get that flag technically lifted due to the fact they didn't know it existed. Look, hacking is hacking and it's frowned upon in almost every instance, they cheated a game whether they knew the forums existed or not.

What you don’t understand is the fact that there was nobody there to regulate it. I also never said every flag from the past should be lifted, what I did say was that there could be an extra leniency for old flags, like 5 flagged games rather than the 2. But I was informed that time periods might not work well for a lot of profiles since people can also CFW games and choose the date for the past. Considering this guy has around 10 hacked games, I can’t really support what he’s done anymore. Initially I was thinking he only just made it past the leniency limit with 3 flagged games but people stalked him even further. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

What you don’t understand is the fact that there was nobody there to regulate it.

The thing you have to consider as well is that being banned (lets just call it like that for now) on a site like this shouldn't be a reason NOT to hack / cheat trophies. 
You shouldn't do it in general, people should know it is bad. 

Just like stealing, people shouldn't do it for the fear of being caught, they shouldn't do it because it is illegal. 
So even though I get your point that the site didn't exist 8 years ago, it shouldn't be the only factor to decide whether or not people would cheat trophies or not.

25 minutes ago, Sergen said:

What you don’t understand is the fact that there was nobody there to regulate it. I also never said every flag from the past should be lifted, what I did say was that there could be an extra leniency for old flags, like 5 flagged games rather than the 2. But I was informed that time periods might not work well for a lot of profiles since people can also CFW games and choose the date for the past. Considering this guy has around 10 hacked games, I can’t really support what he’s done anymore. Initially I was thinking he only just made it past the leniency limit with 3 flagged games but people stalked him even further. 

No I do understand what you're saying but you don't understand what I'm getting at, you allow 8 year ago hackers to walk free the next step is for people in general who claim to have just started using the site can walk free too.   They didn't know it what around right? So why should they be punished for hacking? Just like 8 years ago someone wouldn't know the site was around.

@Mr_Skirra added a good point

Edited by Muskratateer

27 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Whether he did it 8 years ago or not, he still cheated.

Going with your example about weed, your criminal record follows you, if you commit a crime you can still be arrested for it 40 years later.

Sticking up for a case like this as you are for no apparent reason only makes people question you.

13 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Whether he did it 8 years ago or not, he still cheated.

Going with your example about weed, your criminal record follows you, if you commit a crime you can still be arrested for it 40 years later.

Sticking up for a case like this as you are for no apparent reason only makes people question you.

You don't get something put on your criminal record if it wasn't a crime before you did it. Unlike a lot of people who make these disputes, I have my own YouTube channel where I demonstrate my gameplay for a lot of the "hard" games on my trophy list, having an opinion shouldn't make people question me. What I'm saying is that because the website didn't exist, these people didn't even know what they were doing was wrong, as there was no other websites at the time that were flagging people and it was likely nobody at the time even called them out for it. But because this person has supposedly hacked 10 games, I can't say I'll defend his case at all, but I'm saying in general when people hacked the three most commonly hacked games of the past: FUEL, FIFA 09, SOCOM and did nothing wrong again for years. You serve your time for your crimes in the real world and still get a chance to redeem yourself, but there's no chance to redeem your trophy list once it has 3 flags, even if they were games you did 8 years ago and you never hacked a game again. 

People also boosted games for online trophies before this website existed and game developers have done more to crack down on people who boost games than people who use a save file to unlock trophies. What if this website was flagging people for doing online trophies too fast because it indicated that they were boosting? I do boost online trophies, but so does basically everyone who works on any online grinds, but we all acknowledge that it is cheating within the game's parameters to achieve a higher score. How would someone 8 years ago be able to think using a save file was going to punish them on a website in the future, when boosting online trophies doesn't? 

Edited by Sergen