Is the game still platinumable?

K_Raw21

Hey guys, I have a list of 77 games either unplayed or started it but didn't finish it. After completing a game I usually do a random number generator to see what pops up and Crysis 2 is up! After reviewing the game and the guides I don't see anything mentioned about it being unobtainable just a whole bunch of glitches for the MP trophies but can this still be done? I have the digital version and I also have 2 PS3s can I do this by myself? I'll be starting this game sometime next week or the week afterwards.

Don't start it yet, you have a very high chance of needing to wait until January 1st, 2019 before you can earn the Dedication trophy and you do need 6 people minimum to be able to grind it. Last time I played Crysis 3, they were some of the worst servers I ever experienced, so I wouldn't be surprised if Crysis 2 is just as bad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Don't start it yet, you have a very high chance of needing to wait until January 1st, 2019 before you can earn the Dedication trophy and you do need 6 people minimum to be able to grind it. Last time I played Crysis 3, they were some of the worst servers I ever experienced, so I wouldn't be surprised if Crysis 2 is just as bad. 

Yeah I was thinking about that(Jan 1st) for the dedication trophy so do you think I should start maybe a couple of months before than or try to get as a many trophies as I can now. I don't mind checking in once a month to see if the trophy would pop or not

Just curious of everyone's opinion :)

Assuming the servers haven't gotten worse since last year it's basically okay. Other than being dated and clunky feeling the online is fine, just crap to boost now because of the glitches and how long it takes with the relay glitch no longer being present. 

2 minutes ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

I have reached rank 50 online on 19th December 2017.

The servers have been working very well, there were no issues for me.

Did tooled up glitch or mess up on you at all? I've heard that's one of the trophies that gives a lot of problems

6 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Servers of Crysis 2 were working perfectly fine for me last month so don't worry, you can self boost this game ONLY if you own 6 ps3s lol 

LMBO! Can you imagine the chaos that'll create? I'll need 6 tv's too. or if I have one tv switching the hdmi cord out of every single playstation would be hectic lol

3 hours ago, K_Raw21 said:

Yeah I was thinking about that(Jan 1st) for the dedication trophy so do you think I should start maybe a couple of months before than or try to get as a many trophies as I can now. I don't mind checking in once a month to see if the trophy would pop or not

Just if you're worried about getting an unobtainable platinum on your profile then you might want to play a single multiplayer match and then come back in 6 months to get dedication as your first trophy. Because you never know if they are going to shut down the servers with less than 6 months warning.

21 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Just if you're worried about getting an unobtainable platinum on your profile then you might want to play a single multiplayer match and then come back in 6 months to get dedication as your first trophy. Because you never know if they are going to shut down the servers with less than 6 months warning.

After the devs fixed up the servers for people to play it again (thanks to a bombardment of complaints about it) I doubt the servers will go down anytime soon. But then again, they could go down without notice. Can go either way. 

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

why jan 2019? it's 6 months no?

1 minute ago, Van-Helsings said:

why jan 2019? it's 6 months no?

The trophy can glitch and not unlock at the 6 month mark and the only guaranteed date for it to unlock is a January 1st, as long as you played the game on a date earlier than it. I think the year change likely tricks the game into thinking you played the game over a year ago. Aside from that, some people have said that the Dedication trophy has unlocked for them in their first ever online match, but that takes some incredible luck to manage to do. 

• Like 1

Tooled Up might glitch on you like it did for me. It unlocked again when I got to level 14 I think.

Depending on how lucky you are it may unlock when you reach level 8 or 14 again, but I've heard stories of people reaching level 50 again and it still didn't pop. Then again, it might not glitch at all but something to be wary of.

Playing on Jan 1st is not guaranteed to unlock the Dedication trophy. You have a higher chance of it unlocking on this day but it's not a sure thing. I didn't work for me.

Tooled up can be a nightmare to get if it glitches on you. I was very unlucky with this and had to level up to 50 4 times before it eventually unlocked at about level 14. It's all about luck really. You may get all the trophies with no issues or you may be like me and have a hell of a time.

Alright thanks guys for your feedback! If you have any more tips or advice keep them coming I am forever grateful for your opinions!

I'm not worried about unobtainable plats or anything like that. I really like the Crysis series so I'm going to go for it eventually probably start in the summer and try to finish towards the new year. Wish me luck!