How do games like this get a plat?

pretty funny that this game featured on top game play this week of PSNprofile lol with 1,740 players

$1.99 for plat can't go wrong, basically free when combine with Sony Rewards program. I bought this solely to filled my 99.98 to above 100 for spend 100 get 15 promotion. so it is good. I saved Vita version in case i need to filled that gap again on next promotion :)

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Honestly I feel like every game should have a platinum, but this game probably got it because I think you're allowed to pay Sony for putting a plat on a short game 

You don't pay Sony to do that. These days you can pick... that's it really.

1 hour ago, FielVeredus said:

pretty funny that this game featured on top game play this week of PSNprofile lol with 1,740 players

It's even funnier when this game makes it to top 10, but the new Metal Gear doesn't.I know people hate it but still it's a game from popular series

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, grimydawg said:

I want you guys to play and finish Superman 64.  Then, you can talk about trash LOL

That's just a difference of degree. Superman 64 wins, because the game is so long. But if Little Adventure on the Prairie was as long as Super 64, I think there would be a good contest.

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It's even funnier when this game makes it to top 10, but the new Metal Gear doesn't.

That is pretty funny, actually.

46 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's just a difference of degree. Superman 64 wins, because the game is so long. But if Little Adventure on the Prairie was as long as Super 64, I think there would be a good contest.

That is pretty funny, actually.

Then you haven't played Superman 64 LOL.  

I posted something in another thread which is relevant to this topic.

Sony are the ones who decides which games get a platinum or not. The developers of "small" titles are often told they aren't allowed a platinum trophy in their game, and since they aren't familiar with the trophy system, they accept that and move on. It's known for a fact this is what happened with the original Outlast and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

As for My Name is Mayo and all the other games of that ilk, the developers are fully aware of the trophy system and want to exploit trophy hunters for extra sales. It has been said that when Sony come to them and say their game doesn't qualify for a platinum, the developers keep pushing and pushing until Sony eventually cave in.

I wish Sony stuck to their guns when it came to this, but I guess they're scared of burning bridges with the developers, causing them to stop releasing games on their platform. If by some miracle one of these games became a hit on other platforms, it wouldn't be good for them.

But yeah, it's always sad to see games like this doing well. You're being played like a damn fiddle... :facepalm:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blendercat27 said:

This game was made by a small team based in Qatar. Sony and Nintendo obviously cut them some slack to open a door for them, and that's okay. How many games from Qatar can anybody here name?

They get a little exposure, a little money, a little experience, who knows what they could do?

And we get a couple of super-easy plats for about the price of a good cup of coffee. Sounds like a win/win.

Wow, so we are now allowing for shit to be published and sold based on the geographical origin of the studio and not the actual quality of the title? That's just stupid. I don't buy games based on where they are made and quite honestly don't know anyone who does.  .  .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I posted something in another thread which is relevant to this topic.

But yeah, it's always sad to see games like this doing well. You're being played like a damn fiddle... :facepalm:

You mention that you think Sony is afraid of "burning bridges" with developers. But is there really fear of burning the bridge with the developer of Orc Slayer? Or this game? 

Hell, I would think that Sony would be happy to keep dreck like this off the store, and keep other developers from trying the same crap. Further, I can't imagine that even the most indie of indie developers supports games like Little Adventure on the Prairie (to say nothing of stolen asset games like Solbrain). 

21 hours ago, blendercat27 said:

This game was made by a small team based in Qatar. Sony and Nintendo obviously cut them some slack to open a door for them, and that's okay. How many games from Qatar can anybody here name?

They get a little exposure, a little money, a little experience, who knows what they could do?

And we get a couple of super-easy plats for about the price of a good cup of coffee. Sounds like a win/win.

You think that allowing a shit development team to develop a shit product is a win? This isn't about the "little guy catching a break". This is about a "developer" gaming the system to release crap that I could program.

This kind of nonsense should never have a door opened for them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

You mention that you think Sony is afraid of "burning bridges" with developers. But is there really fear of burning the bridge with the developer of Orc Slayer? Or this game? 

Hell, I would think that Sony would be happy to keep dreck like this off the store, and keep other developers from trying the same crap. Further, I can't imagine that even the most indie of indie developers supports games like Little Adventure on the Prairie (to say nothing of stolen asset games like Solbrain). 

Not really, no, but Sony would rather avoid that I imagine. I mean it's hard for platform holders to know for definite what games will and won't become a success, so instead, they choose to let everything on. Back before it become a huge success, platform holders/publishers would have scoffed at Minecraft and not seen the appeal in it at all. We all know how that turned out.

I'd rather Sony just sell people instant generic plats than this. They could be in the store under a special tab called "platinum booster packs". That way those who want their empty numbers can get them without wasting any time, Sony gets money and the store doesn't get clutter. A real win/win scenario. They might be even sold as collectible sets with pretty pictures of playstation products.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 8:04 AM, MMDE said:

You don't pay Sony to do that. These days you can pick... that's it really.

In that case I'm surprised some games do not have platinums since it's obvious that trophies drive sales up. It would be in every developers interest to add those couple trophies or switch their list for Golds and Silvers to have enough points for Platinum.

6 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

In that case I'm surprised some games do not have platinums since it's obvious that trophies drive sales up. It would be in every developers interest to add those couple trophies or switch their list for Golds and Silvers to have enough points for Platinum.

You should ask them why they don't do it.