Training Infinite Mana Glitch with Primm/Sylphid?

Froopy the Temmie

I'm currently outside the ruins near Northtown and was training up Primm's Sylphid and I tried Analyzer and there seems to be a treasure chest somewhere I can scan.  The odd thing is it doesn't use any MP or displays information, and if I move, I can't scan it again unless I leave and come back.  But I still get experience for it.  So yay?

Anyone else had this happen?

On 2/24/2018 at 11:55 AM, Vincent Brooks said:

I'm currently outside the ruins near Northtown and was training up Primm's Sylphid and I tried Analyzer and there seems to be a treasure chest somewhere I can scan.  The odd thing is it doesn't use any MP or displays information, and if I move, I can't scan it again unless I leave and come back.  But I still get experience for it.  So yay?

Anyone else had this happen?

I'm actually working on getting all magics to level 8, and at least for now I can confirm that using Analyzer on a chest will use 0 MP, even though the game says it uses 1. And if I remember right, once you get inside the ruins a little ways, there is an exit that takes you back outside and it leads to a Sword Orb which you were hitting with Analyzer. You need to keep spamming it though as once the animation is finished and the chest glows with a constant red aura around it you can't scan it again.

EDIT: It actually seems that you can only hit a chest with Analyzer twice before you can't use it anymore. If its a permanent chest this isn't so much a problem as exiting and coming back will reset it for you.

Edited by Caldor2K2
  • Like 2