Let get it done

simpgraus

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

When someone's 20 ranks away from the trophy but they say "I couldn't get the trophy because someone got 200,000 this week", the person who got 200,000 was only 1 rank on the whole leaderboard and they were doing the right thing securing their trophy, the week before last was a good example because 14 people got over 100,000 but someone with under 19,000 got the trophy too, those high scores didn't ruin it for someone who got a low score. If you do no-life it, it's only 1 week of your life and after that week is done, you likely won't have to do a grind like that in such a short time again, unless you procrastinate a grind for a game that is going to shut down, whenever a server closure is announced it is recommended not to hesitate starting the game, especially if the game is a lengthy grind.  

And how was the most recent example again? Where people with 97k couldn't place? Odds are it's only going to get worse, and that's the situation I'm referencing, not some anomaly three weeks ago in January where you placed first with 75k and got chewed.  Thanks for the input though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Knucklehead211 said:

And how was the most recent example again? Where people with 97k couldn't place? Odds are it's only going to get worse, and that's the situation I'm referencing, not some anomaly three weeks ago in January where you placed first with 75k and got chewed.  Thanks for the input though.

Someone who scored 200,000 in a week didn't ruin the trophy for someone who got under 19,000, they are only 1 rank on the leaderboard. So blaming the fact that someone can't get the trophy because one person got an absurdly high score is simply looking for excuses because it's easier to blame someone else than it is to blame yourself for your shortcomings. If all these people really stick to getting exactly 12,000 with not a single point more or a single point less, they will all get the trophy because they will all be ranked exactly the same according to the game, but anyone who has a point less will then be ranked significantly less. If 20 people all got 12,000 and somehow that score was the best all week, all 20 people would be joint rank 1, but if someone got 11,999 then they'd be rank 21 and not get the trophy if there were 200 pages on the leaderboard. It is important if you do this, you also do get the exact same score, you can achieve the same score by doing suicides if you go over, because you lose 1 point per suicide. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Someone who scored 200,000 in a week didn't ruin the trophy for someone who got under 19,000, they are only 1 rank on the leaderboard. So blaming the fact that someone can't get the trophy because one person got an absurdly high score is simply looking for excuses because it's easier to blame someone else than it is to blame yourself for your shortcomings. If all these people really stick to getting exactly 12,000 with not a single point more or a single point less, they will all get the trophy because they will all be ranked exactly the same according to the game, but anyone who has a point less will then be ranked significantly less. If 20 people all got 12,000 and somehow that score was the best all week, all 20 people would be joint rank 1, but if someone got 11,999 then they'd be rank 21 and not get the trophy if there were 200 pages on the leaderboard. It is important if you do this, you also do get the exact same score, you can achieve the same score by doing suicides if you go over, because you lose 1 point per suicide. 

Idk why you're giving me lifeprotips for the game dude; I got 90% of the trophies when the game originally released. I literally said that uber scorers will artificially inflate the required score, and you came to defend an assault on your honor that was never made. The only "shortcomings" of people not in the top last week was apparently that they didn't have 4 of their own PS4s turboed to get themselves 100k-200k, as there was really no other way to attain it (something you've already said in as few words in another thread). My best guess is you're still hung up on when you got the trophy yourself, which was a completely different story - the idea of someone being mad at another getting 75k as top is downright comical now. 75k. Cute.

Also, have you never been in a race or a bidding war? Say the top place is 20k. Second place is at 18k, figures, "eh, I can grind it a bit more", and unseats first place to hit 21k. Do you think the guy who just got bumped to second will just stay there? It just becomes a battle of attrition that affects the entire scoreboard. The people at 200k were something else entirely, probably on speed, but their drive pushed others to try to unseat them, and all those others who shot for the moon still landed among the stars - er, 100k-190k scores, I mean. And no matter what way you'd like to see it, that whole thing removes it from people who can't no life it with four other consoles or friends. So it's on their heads.

Regardless, we're not going to see eye to eye on this, so here's what I'd suggest - let's not engage each other any further. I'm not planning on reading anymore of your quotes of me, or being notified of replies to this comment, so it will fall on deaf ears either way. Best wishes.

Edited by Knucklehead211
Punctuation

2 hours ago, TehCro said:

I think you guys just need to face the fact that if you're not gonna blow 50 hours in a week with 4 ps3s running then you're not going to get this trophy unless by some chance guerrilla doesn't actually shut down the servers like they say they will.

Who knows how many hours creating 100 alts and playing a match with each of them takes... If they have enough time to create this many alts and play matches with them, they'd likely have the time to also grind their score up on the game, the alts only benefit the people who were intending to get a low score who likely won't contribute to making the alts themselves. They are actually planning to do a grind that is more tedious than simply playing the matches and getting as many points as possible. However, because they left it this late they can't exactly create a large group that carries one person with the trophy while everyone else is bait to get killed, mainly because there's not enough weeks left for everyone in the same large group to get the trophy now. I know I'd be very devastated to help someone do Killzone 2 before me and they got the Valor Grand Cross trophy while I never got it. What I do think should have also been an alternative for the game is that Valor Grand Cross should also have been programmed to unlock for people if they achieved the top 1% in the game's monthly leaderboard, it would definitely give more people an opportunity to get it if they couldn't commit the time to grind the trophy in just 1 week. 

3 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Not everybody will get the trophy.  It will cap out at the max number of people that can achieve it for the # of players that week.
EX: If you have 2000 total, if you have 30 players with same score, only 20 will get the trophy.

There aren't going to be enough people to test out the theory of whether 30 people getting the exact same score can also unlock the trophy for everyone in the entire group if only 2000 people played the game weekly. I don't even expect more than 5-10 people to keep to the 12,000 cap for the group because most people who grind the trophy in a week don't even check PSNProfiles to see how everyone is getting on with the trophy. 

Edited by Sergen

44 minutes ago, Knucklehead211 said:

Heads up, top is already at 40k. Have to see what tomorrow (first day I can even play) brings. Spread the word far and wide homies!

we knew that a few people would still go crazy however

if we could get 4000 players ie 40th place cut off is still a very low 2800..

so its still possible... just need alts and everyone else to follow the rules (we may need to raise it a little later in the week but not yet)

Yes @simpgraus I think the key is to flood the leaderboards with alt accounts on the weekend when people have time.

This has to be a team effort.

So far your session and @Saeba-san have close to 50 people... + whoever else is in on the 12K movement in the background. @ 50 players adding 15 accounts over 2 days means alone your adding 1,500 accounts to the final tally and increasing from say 20 spots to 35 spots....

The more players available and willing would also lower the number of accounts each one would have to play with.

You need all of them in a chat or discord server communicating & working as a team. 

It would be nice to see the leaderboard at 2,000 accounts by Friday then you know you truly have a shot at it with flooding alt accounts over the weekend + a meager 12K score.

9 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

Yes @simpgraus I think the key is to flood the leaderboards with alt accounts on the weekend when people have time.

This has to be a team effort.

So far your session and @Saeba-san have close to 50 people... + whoever else is in on the 12K movement in the background. @ 50 players adding 15 accounts over 2 days means alone your adding 1,500 accounts to the final tally and increasing from say 20 spots to 35 spots....

The more players available and willing would also lower the number of accounts each one would have to play with.

You need all of them in a chat or discord server communicating & working as a team. 

It would be nice to see the leaderboard at 2,000 accounts by Friday then you know you truly have a shot at it with flooding alt accounts over the weekend + a meager 12K score.

Agreed on the flooding. My weekend starts tomorrow, so I'll grind my 12k and then add alts all day erry day after that.

4 minutes ago, Knucklehead211 said:

Wow, you're right, let's all Excitebike our way to 500k this week. Can't believe I wasted so much time.

Here's a thread for tips on how to get VGC the best way:

Other than that, join Discord servers, make friends (help others first so that they will be more inclined to help you) (golden rule) and then you will have a server full of (turbo'd) alts to kill and get top 1% trophy easy.   The people that got the trophy dedicated a week/weeks to helping others first before they got their turn, and the end result was having 24/7 servers full of 8+ alts. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

4 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Here's a thread for tips on how to get VGC the best way:

Other than that, join Discord servers, make friends (help others first so that they will be more inclined to help you) (golden rule) and then you will have a server full of (turbo'd) alts to kill and get top 1% trophy easy.   The people that got the trophy dedicated a week/weeks to helping others first before they got their turn, and the end result was having 24/7 servers full of 8+ alts. 

Whoosh.

1 minute ago, Knucklehead211 said:

Lmao you understood jack, but take it how you like. You're the one consciously engaging a topic just to talk shit on it, so I really couldn't care less what you have to say here.

Toodles.

Logically and mathematically it makes more sense to get points than to waste time creating hundreds of alts.  This is a fact, it's not up for debate. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

7 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Logically and mathematically it makes more sense to get points than to waste time creating hundreds of alts.  This is a fact, it's not up for debate. 

Do you really believe that??... Are you getting the trophy??

I have played during 4 weeks... and the most smart thing it's to be a "Killzone Community"... If all of we help between us, we can make the trophy...

I think you don't have a job, a family, a girlfriend, a social life,...You don't play football, basketball,... etc..

Play 1 hour = 1.000 points.
12.000 points = 12-14 hours.
100.000 points = 100-110 hours.
Create and play with 10 alts. = 3 hours more or less...

Everybody with 12.000 points and play 10 alts. accounts = 20 hours (more or less).
One (selfish) person with 100.000 points = 100 - 110 hours.

So... where is "logic" and "maths"??

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chucuchus said:

Do you really believe that??... Are you getting the trophy??

I already have the trophy, but I've been helping over 8 people get it done so far. --- all of which buckled down and dedicated their time to getting points in game. 

You want the maths?  I already made a post on this topic.

Instead of inflating the player count you could be spending that time getting points.

But it's your call on how you want to spend your time.  I actually think this might be a smart move by competitors to waste other people's time so that they can get 1% lol. 
"Yeah you go make those accounts while I'll be busy farming alts for headshots, cya later suckers!"

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 4

What's your problem @DARKB1KE ?? There are 2 possibilities...

1) It works, your friends can get the trophy more easy (or not). When "all of people" get the trophy this or next week, there will be nobody to play the last ones... It will be more difficult for your friends :P then...

2) It doesn't work... so, there will be a lot of people that they don't like playing more Killzone2 and then the ratio will be less (top 9?)... It will be more difficult for your friends then :P...

So... if the community wants to do this idea, Why not? Let us be happy!! If you want to help, GREAT!!... If not, what's the point of your replies??

Go guys... Let's do it... ok?? If not this week... next!!

I am in the mindset of agreeing with @DARKB1KE about making alts for the game, it takes time to make one, sign it in and play a single match and if you only have 1 PS3, you limit yourself to only having 16 users on one PS3 so eventually you'll have to delete users. I don't agree that you can really achieve 15,000 points in 2.5 hours like he said in his post on the other thread, you'd be lucky to even get 1/4 of that in 2.5 hours. Making alt accounts would maybe work if you had 100 people's attention and they all used like 20 alts per week, however because you are a few people making alts all day instead of grinding the kills, you may be in trouble. But Monday will be the true test of whether you'll get the trophy with this method, I do hope you get it with this method, it's not a trophy that should only be exclusive to the people who no-life the game for an entire week and it's not a special platinum or anything. Good luck, but no movement ever succeeded at making so many accounts and getting the cut off down to 12,000 during the period where the server shutdown was announced. You're using up one of four weeks you have left to truly grind the trophy, so I hope the risk pays off for you, you've left it too late now to form a huge group that carries everyone with it, because only maybe 1-2 people per group can really get the score they're after now that the cut off has increased significantly. 

Edited by Sergen