Secret Books Issue

This game is brilliant although is anybody else getting their game crash entering the codes at the strange monument to unlock the secret books. There are some apparently pretty essential ones for being able to get the 180 stars in hero mode. I'm now at 163 and struggling with nearly capped levels on my original characters

completing hero mode (even on NG+) is quite easy but I am stuck on the level "Into the Shadows" on extreme in hero mode NG+. Very hard for me. Maybe I just leave that because there are enough other stars left to get the 180 trophy. I come back for that level with more characters (no hero mode).

Edited by Sanctanox

1 hour ago, Kurorac said:

Yeah, it's a known issue. 

But hero mode is completely doable without the books.

Getting every star afterwards not though.

Oh that's awesome that it's planned for a patch.

I've managed hero mode new game plus and the 180 stars now I've got six of every class to use ?. Working on the challenges, pretty proud of killing super sheep+ as well!

Didn't think I'd get the platinum but now kinda hopeful although those last levels on extreme, blurgh!

2 hours ago, Sanctanox said:

On the developers website they say it is a known bug and they will fix it. 

But I have a question: How do you use the monument? How do you enter letters?

The keyboard at the bottom is A to Z I believe. So it'll take take some time and effort to type some phrases ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Azoth658 said:

Didn't think I'd get the platinum but now kinda hopeful although those last levels on extreme, blurgh!

I really wanted to get the plat as this is one of my all time favourite games but it's just too much of a hassle. Played it through a lot of times on PC (standard edition when it came out, then DX edition with the HD upgrade) but can't motivate me right now to do the last stages on extreme.

2 hours ago, Kurorac said:

I really wanted to get the plat as this is one of my all time favourite games but it's just too much of a hassle. Played it through a lot of times on PC (standard edition when it came out, then DX edition with the HD upgrade) but can't motivate me right now to do the last stages on extreme.

Haha know that feeling. Got any tips for the last stages? I'm assuming everybody at level 60 is pretty essential. Definitely need some performance improvements one of the challenges last night took an hour because of the slow down.

10 minutes ago, Azoth658 said:

Haha know that feeling. Got any tips for the last stages? I'm assuming everybody at level 60 is pretty essential. Definitely need some performance improvements one of the challenges last night took an hour because of the slow down.

Having 6 of every class at level 60 is a must. And as far as I know it's impossible to beat the last few stages without the secret books (book of blood especially). So the plat might be unobtainable right now.

You should turn of the numbers for damage for better performance.

• Like 1