Hanzoadam

Omega Labyrinth Z potentially banned in the UK

213 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

What are the odds that D3Publisher will be given the localized code and asked to do a Translation patch for the Asian version?

It would be the best solution, however, I wouldn't give it a high odds.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:31 PM, HuntingFever said:

1: I've read all the reasons that the various ratings boards have given for banning this game and whilst they make a good case for an 18 rating, none are suffient (IMO) to justify a ban.

2: One word, Agony. Even in its censored form, that game features (among other things) full on sex scenes, rape, torture, plus extreme gore and violence. Other examples I can think of off the top of my head, include GTA 5, Mafia 2+3, Red Dead Redemption, the Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein 2.

Thanks for your insight. Rape and torture sounds like content that rating boards could usually have an issue with.

I think the main problem with Omega Labyrinth Z was that it was seen as promoting harm to minors which is ruled more strictly in our society.

6 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

as promoting harm

Where.

Where the hell was it promoting harm?

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Where.

Where the hell was it promoting harm?

You're seriously saying touching a minor's genital area is not harmful? Depicting it in a game where it's your objective to do these kind of actions TO A MINOR is pretty much sending a message that this is acceptable behaviour in our society. Therefore it is promoting harm to minors.

4 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

You're seriously saying touching a minor's genital area is not harmful? Depicting it in a game where it's your objective to do these kind of actions TO A MINOR is pretty much sending a message that this is acceptable behaviour in our society. Therefore it is promoting harm to minors.

Aren't you mistaking OL and new Bullet Girls?

On 30/06/2018 at 0:36 PM, Elvick_ said:

Please show the studies which back up such claims, because that's dubious at best. And that blanket logic applies to literally every video game.

"You're seriously saying cutting off someone's head is not harmful? Depicting it in a game where it's your objective to do these kinds of actions TO PEOPLE is pretty much sending a message that this is acceptable behavior in our society. Therefore it is promoting harm to people."

"You're seriously saying running people over is not harmful?"
"You're seriously saying jumping on turtles is not harmful?"

Shall we go on?

Feel free to use your own time to look up studies you're interested in. I suggest looking into things such as positive reinforcement, lobbying and how the media we consume affects and shapes people's attitudes and opinions. It's pretty ignorant to think the media doesn't affect people's views on things or how it doesn't have the power to change the norms in society.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Feel free to use your own time to look up studies you're interested in. I suggest looking into things such as positive reinforcement, lobbying and how the media we consume affects and shapes people's attitudes and opinions. It's pretty ignorant to think the media doesn't affect people's views on things or how it doesn't have the power to change the norms in society.

So you got nothing. I'm so surprised. And that doesn't explain your hypocrisy. Yakuza are real, so you playing Yakuza is bad m'kay. Ban it.

Edited by Elvick_

7 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

The burden of proof is on the claimant.

So without drawing epic flaming, this is on the HK store.  Does the Chinese\Korean\Japanese release have english menus\subs?  Anyone know?

3 hours ago, Hideoki_AU said:

So without drawing epic flaming, this is on the HK store.  Does the Chinese\Korean\Japanese release have english menus\subs?  Anyone know?

Menu probably yes since that's pretty much common for JP games, but there are no English subs anywhere.

On 18/07/2018 at 3:01 AM, Hideoki_AU said:

So without drawing epic flaming, this is on the HK store.  Does the Chinese\Korean\Japanese release have English menus\subs?  Anyone know?

I own the Asian version and the Start menu is in English but that's it, everything else is only in Japanese so a good translation Guide will be needed to play this game :(.