Developer hides message supporting Kojima

DiegoMolinams

Awesome move. Does he or she thought about the risks? I mean, c'mon, I am sure it can be tracked back to the responsible person/s and that will not be funny I guess :D. Maybe the dev already quit after the release? Anyway, still great and whoever decoded it is amazing too, I'd never have seen it.

24 minutes ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

They had better look for a new job as soon as they can. :D

They were probably fired before the game was ever complete. Look into large developer common practices and temporary worker churn.

7 minutes ago, Savyna said:

Awesome move. Does he or she thought about the risks? I mean, c'mon, I am sure it can be tracked back to the responsible person/s and that will not be funny I guess :D. Maybe the dev already quit after the release? Anyway, still great and whoever decoded it is amazing too, I'd never have seen it.

See above.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Savyna said:

I imagine they'll always have a place at the new KJP.

1 hour ago, DarkSoleride said:

i can see a PR patch coming soon :P but very clever! 

From a strategic standpoint it will be interesting to see Konami's response. Patching it means they acknowledge they got caught with their pants down. Leave it and they are basically saying they didn't and don't give a shit.

Your move Konami . . .

• Like 3

I'm glad to see this sort of subtle rebellion. I think Konami purposely turned MGS into an overused, generic zombie survival game with a story that doesn't make sense or fit into the MGS world altogether just to give Kojima the middle finger. It's great that someone inside is giving the middle finger back to them.

• Like 1

So full message is:

(MG KIA, KJP FOREVER, BASTARD YOTA CUNNING YUJI AWOL)

"Metal Gear was Killed in Action, Kojima Productions Forever, to Bastard Yota and Cunning Yuji who have abandoned their duty"

My hats off to whoever Vengeful Mosquito was to put this sneaky message, if this gets patched off in the end then that means the conflict within Konami is real.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1