Really don't get the hype for these

2 hours ago, StuGunn5 said:

AC: ll is one of those games I wish I could forget so I could play it again for the first time. Its an incredible adventure.  Too bad you don't like it. And I can't believe you like the MP in Bioshock 2... I can't think of a game with worse MP right now. The developers should have played it for 5 minutes and realized the game was better without it.

I still play the mp now and again lol.  Just love the use of the plasmids with the guns, and the characters they had were boss. Was gutted it wasn't included with the remasters.

• 9 months later...
On 18-5-2018 at 10:26 AM, The Shopkeeper said:

I still love AC II but as I said elsewhere, I don't think people playing it now for the first time can appreciate it. It's like how I'm disappointed with Shadow Of The Colossus. No doubt it was amazing back in the day but I didn't play it until 2017. I can see why it would be great when it was released though, which I can also see in Assassin's Creed, Jak and other dated games.

Exactly, it all depends on what you're used to at the moment whether you're going to enjoy something or not. AC2 was a really amazing game back when it was released, but if you look at it now and compare it to nowaday standards of gaming then you kinda have to admit that it falls a bit short indeed and might not be that enjoyable for new players, even though I think that the older AC games have aged pretty damn well compared to other titles of their period. I was really dissapointed in Shadow of the colossus as well, since I heard so many great things about it but when I played it it was just meh... Same with the Jak and daxter trilogy, everyone seemed to love it but for me the overal clunky controls were just unbearable since I'm spoiled with smooth PS4 controls all the time, even though I realise that they were really good games back in the day.

I can see people nowadays not enjoying AC2 as much as I did for similar reasons, but to say that the game is shit and awful is a bit shortsighted imo. Always try to place it in its own context and don't compare it to nowaday standards. Compare it with other titles of 2009 and you will have to admit that it was one of the best of its period.

On 2/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, Paleblood said:

You're playing a game released in 2009. Clunky comes in the packing.

But you're still right with the title. The games are overhyped as fuck and most of them are mediocre to boring. Black Flag was great imo, but I'm a sucker for pirate on pirate action. :eyebrow:

I have only played the AC Black Flag one (about halfway through) because I like the pirate/ship theme.

I find the controls very clunky in this one; I can’t imagine the others if they are worse that way.  

Idk, I played it for the first time in 2018 and absolutely loved it, ended up going out and buying Brotherhood and Revelations not long after. I never had any problems with the controls or anything, save for 2 occasions that Ezio climbed something I meant to run by. I genuinely remember having more trouble controlling AC3 when it first came out lol. That being said, idk if it really deserves all the praise it's gotten. It's great, but one of the all time greatest? Nah.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I agree. Assassin's Creed is one of my all time favorite series...which says a lot considering I HATED the first game, and it took 3 years and several friends to convince me to play AC2 in 2012. I've been hooked in ever since. With AC2 being my absolute favorite in the series until Origins came out and blew me away. AC1, AC3 and Unity are the only ones I really didn't like...so for me that speaks volumes on a series that came out yearly. Currently sitting at 225 hours played in AC Odyssey. 

But yeah...playing them now, you have to expect that things aren't going to be quite as smooth. I mean, I'm currently playing The Saboteur on PS3 as I type this...a game that came out in 2009. It's fun...but I'll be damned if I haven't been spoiled by certain modern game mechanics that are similar in this game. Just little things that have improved so much (things some people would consider as games becoming "too easy") over the years. But I let that pass in my overall reflection on it because I know when this game came out. Pretty much the only thing I would have criticized even in 2009, would be the terrible driving mechanics. Gauge your expectations. 

• Like 2

On 09/06/2019 at 0:49 AM, HellcoreFire said:

Ezio is indeed extremely overrated, he has the same kind of toxic fanboys Goku has.

How dare you insult Ezio! I'm kidding personally I do like him he's my favorite but we had 3 games and 2 short films based on him and his family plus brotherhood is my all time fave. But to each their own man I hate Connor and Edward kenway

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Bit late to this...

Brotherhood is my favourite game of all time. Setting, gameplay, story, characterization, enjoyability, addictiveness, music. All 10/10 for me.

AC2 is close to it. Origins and Odyssey are the next best two. Syndicate is decent and the original is good enough to get the story going but very repetitive. Black Flag I surprisingly didn't enjoy as much as other people, and ACIII is really, really bad. Unity and Rogue I never played.

• Like 1