Kill Your Completion - 6

Thanks! This has been a great event. (watches his download of Teslagrad that nearly drained his bank account dry and cringes, hoping that the bank account doesn't overdraw and he has to explain to Mommy and Daddy why he did this AGAIN, but hey, it's cross-buy and I needed two more platinums to get to #60)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

3 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Oh yeah, I have played this myself and the speed-run trophy is BS. It's almost impossible to clear the required level in under 60 seconds with all the shit going on. (Pardon my language.)

I didn't actually find that one too difficult and got it after 3 or 4 tries. You need to reach the end with 80s left on the timer, I had 83 left and I did some minor mistakes. So it's definitely more than doable. The only annoying section for me was the final bonus area, as I had previously mentioned. Either way the game is utter garbage though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

So I know that @dizzyshadow has done the remastered version and @ladynadiad has done the sequel, I  am here to do the original version.

I played the first game on PS3 as well.  The Revival Edition has a much harder trophy set, but the original version does have some crashing issues.  Just make sure to save often and don't go for long marathon grinding runs and chances are good that you'll be fine.  The PS3 version is definitely not a hard plat and most of the trophies are story related and unmissable.

7 hours ago, Riq IV said:

M576a9e.png

Game #1: Knack

Did not like the game, because it was boring. Might go back to it if I have nothing of interest to play, will never buy the sequel.

I agree, this game was utter fart-phail because they made the chests act like lootboxes, giving you useless relics once you have unlocked the forms. Knack 2 might have better relic grinding but I am not going to be bothered. I added it to my old account when it was free on Feb's PS+ but might sentence it to Purchase Purtagory as I don't feel like going through the unskippable story 100+ times just for one more Ruby Relic. :(

Mbe3370.png

Game #2: Mighty No. 9

Did not like the game, because it was a bother instead of fun. Might go back to it if I've played through all games in my collection that appeal to me more.

Part of me would have tried in on March PS+ but I am not going to risk it because the negative reviews it got showed how much of an utter fart-phail it was. Poor Keiji Inafune, he lost his Blue Bomber baby and the replacement was utter crap. :(

M86ac13.png

Game #6: Claire

I did not like the game, because it was an ugly incoherent mess with much potential left untapped. Might go back to it if I have nothing of interest to play.

I agree. I have to go do that damn Nightmare run because the PS+ version was the one where you can't hack the save to make it into Nightmare mode at the very last save point and I heard Nightmare Mode for the entire game is really tough. Shame, that's the last trophy I have to earn. :(

I guess we are extreme opposites, Riq IV, because I actually enjoyed every game on my KYC list and am working to revive them and get their platinums. Sly 3 is a clusterf*** because of the Master Thief Missions but you can't get anything for free so I'll deal with it in time, and Cyberdimension Neptunia is meh, but I love the funny cutscenes. And yes, I'll plat Re:Chain of Memories, but right now my disc slot is for Ni No Kuni 2. Once I plat that game, I'll go back to Kingdom Hearts series games.

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

I kinda disappeared from this KYC around the middle of the month and I just wanted to explain why because I've been participating regularly in the last KYCs and I didn't want to seem disrespectful to @Hemiak and other members who actually put time and effort in this event.

Basically, life got in the way. A lot. And not in a funny way. I've been in and out of the hospital, I'm going back again in a few days to get surgery and hopefully life will be better after that. I felt burnt out and didn't feel like doing anything else than play Exist Archive. I've found that lack of energy and motivation goes well with grindy games that require next to no active brain cells.

Anyway, congrats to all of you guys for completing the event! I hope you had fun and that your completion % didn't drop too much :)

5 minutes ago, Myu said:

Hi everyone!

I kinda disappeared from this KYC around the middle of the month and I just wanted to explain why because I've been participating regularly in the last KYCs and I didn't want to seem disrespectful to @Hemiak and other members who actually put time and effort in this event.

Basically, life got in the way. A lot. And not in a funny way. I've been in and out of the hospital, I'm going back again in a few days to get surgery and hopefully life will be better after that. I felt burnt out and didn't feel like doing anything else than play Exist Archive. I've found that lack of energy and motivation goes well with grindy games that require next to no active brain cells.

Anyway, congrats to all of you guys for completing the event! I hope you had fun and that your completion % didn't drop too much :)

That's unfortunate. I hope all goes well with the surgery as well as the recovery. Best of luck and get well soon!

• Like 1

A bit late but here goes my summary.

Pre event stats:

Games played: 164

Games completed: 75

Completion %: 55,03%

Unearned Trophies: 2601

Post event stats:

Games played: 171 (+7)

Games Completed: 79 (+4)

Completion %: 55,26 (+0,23)

Unearned Trophies: 2704 (+103)

Trophies earned: 149 (30 from non event games)

This time my completion actually rose. It's a first time for me but I enjoyed every game I played in this event. Plus having six days per game instead of only three gave me mch more time to play the games and thus more time to complete them. Let's move on to the games then

Event games

Game 1: Rime ( :gold::silver::silver:)

A nice little game with a good story, which is told without any words. Gameplay wise some basic puzzles in between walking. A lot of walking.

Trophies: 32/32 :platinum:

Game 2: Agents of Mayham ( :gold::silver::silver:)

The lates game from Volition (Saint's Row). Like the Saint's Row games this is also weird in a good way. Much gun blazzing and killing bad guys with many different characters to play with.

Trophies: 17/50

Game 3: Color Guardians: ( :platinum::gold::gold: )

The biggest surprise for me in this event. Gotten free through PS+ it sat in my backlog quite some time. A very fun little runner like game which encourages to finish every level perfect.

Trophies: 46/46 :platinum:

Game 4: The Surge ( :gold::gold::silver: )

A Souls like game set in a futiristich, mechanical setting. Takes the good parts from Dark Souls, adds some new things and combines them to a good new game.

Trophies: 10/57

Game 5: What Remains of Edith Finch ( :platinum::platinum::gold: )

The best story I experienced in the last few weeks/months. A walking simulator with more than just walking. Discover the past of the Finchs

Trophies: 9/9

Bonus Game: Far Cry Primal ( :silver::silver::silver: )

Far Cry set in the distant past. No modern weapons only primitive ones. That makes the game not really feel like Far Cry.

Trophies: 5/51

Non event games played

Dear Esther

Another walking sim but not as good as other game of this genre. For me the worst walking sim I have played so far.

Trophies: 10/10

Project Cars

I went for the online trophies in the game and got all but one.

Trophies: 15/45

Dark Souls 3

Made big progress in this one during the last month. After a very long break I enjoy playing it again. Might be in anticipation of Dark Souls Remastered.

Trophies: 34/43

This was again a great event and I have some games on my wish list now thanks to all the reviews. Thanks to @Hemiak for doing this event. It helps a lot with starting new games and find good ones I wouldn't start otherwise soon.

• Like 4

Resurrection of my Completion:

plat60.jpg

Phase 1 Complete ? Platinum #60 for me! :D

I did turn on the voices at the final battles. I liked Poppoi's and Primm's voices and while Randi's was a bit lackluster, I didn't commit suicide upon hearing it. Still I probably did myself a favor emulating the original game by turning the voices to 0% volume during the entire game. ^_^ The worst thing was that they were lazy with the trophy titles. Just delete the descriptions, why don't you? ?

So that's one of the games on my old list now complete. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's possible to revive your completion if you wanted to, you just really need to love the games you played during the event. Great event and can't wait for the next KYC. Ciao!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Myu said:

Hi everyone!

RL always needs to take priority, no matter how tough we talk otherwise. Hope everything goes smoothly and that you are back up and running at normal speed as soon as you can.  Take care.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Resurrection of my Completion:

Phase 1 Complete 1f431.pngPlatinum #60 for me! :D

I did turn on the voices at the final battles. I liked Poppoi's and Primm's voices and while Randi's was a bit lackluster, I didn't commit suicide upon hearing it. Still I probably did myself a favor emulating the original game by turning the voices to 0% volume during the entire game. ^_^ The worst thing was that they were lazy with the trophy titles. Just delete the descriptions, why don't you? 1f611.png

So that's one of the games on my old list now complete. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's possible to revive your completion if you wanted to, you just really need to love the games you played during the event. Great event and can't wait for the next KYC. Ciao!

Did you turn them on for the battle with the Dark Lich?  Thanatos was one of the few whose voice acting I actually really liked.  The remaster soundtrack is also pretty good for the last few things.  They did a great job remastering Meridian Dance and The Oracle. 

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Did you turn them on for the battle with the Dark Lich?  Thanatos was one of the few whose voice acting I actually really liked.  The remaster soundtrack is also pretty good for the last few things.  They did a great job remastering Meridian Dance and The Oracle. 

Hoping to avoid spoilers but yes, I did turn the voices on for the battle with the Dark Lich. The music was much creepier(I accidentally switched to original music while trying to fiddle with the sound and heard the difference immediately), but the Mana Beast fight sounds mostly like a remix of the original. Did enjoy the cutscene just before the Mana Beast fight. Remembering the dialogue of that scene in the original, it seems like the dialogue makers decided to flesh out the dialogue a bit so that the Sprite didn't sound like as much as a brat. It was much nicer in my opinion, much more assuring. ^_^

The order of importance for the remaining games I have are, from most likely to be tackled next to least:

1. Dark Cloud 2 (first priority - get all of the Medals for Moonflower Palace so I can enter Chapter 8)
  2. Sly 3 (because I am confident of getting 100%)
  3. Cyberdimension Neptunia (want to see the story to its end, but no hurry)
  4. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (would really like to plat a KH game before KH3)
Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

Have only played two games since the event ended. NBA Live 18 and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness. Completion slowly being restored, even though it didn't drop much. :lol: 

Hoping to wrap up my Universe run tomorrow, after already completing the game on Chaos. Probably will take less time since I know what I'm doing, and haven't died yet. My Chaos playthrough, on the other hand, saw some deaths.. And a few of them set me back a bit, as I didn't always save when I could (really gotta stop doing that..). But with Universe being less difficult, and me being more efficient, should get it done tomorrow. Then it's on to BT grinding.. 

@Myu Really sorry to hear that. :( And what Voodoo said! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

- Rime - I was expecting a typical artsy-fartsy explorer with gorgeous graphics and subpar play. But the story - and the story's twist - really moved me.  It's a deep story and the developers are able to convey it effectively without dialogue. 

Hhmmm... I am intrigued. I guess I should spend tonight getting back into that game, I only quit at Chapter 2 because I missed a collectible, but this time I have a 100% walkthrough so I won't miss anything. :D Also need to get that dang Nightmare run in Claire to get it out of my pool. :(