Kill Your Completion - 6

Just some more detailed stats and a quick roundup of my progress since KYC5 before I begin my first game of this event:

Statistics at start of KYC6

Completion rate: 54.46% [Up 0.90% since end of KYC5]
Completion rate (including games at 0%): 29.65%

Trophies earned: 2,544 (20:platinum:, 149:gold:, 463:silver:, 1,912:bronze:) for 59,580 points

Unearned trophies: 1,855
Unearned trophies (including games at 0% & DLC trophies): 6,234

Average rarity of earned trophies: 45.53%

Games on profile: 209
Games with at least one trophy earned: 106

Possible trophies that can be earned during this event: 347 (8:platinum:, 31:gold:, 82:silver:, 226:bronze:) for 10,080 points (plus Q.U.B.E 2's trophies, still to be announced).

Progress with my KYC5 games

But before I begin my games for this event, what progress have I made with my KYC5 games over the last 3 months? Perhaps not as much as I should have done - my completion rate has only recovered by a measly 0.90%. I have put a fair amount of time into Crash Bandicoot and Sly 3 recently instead, also, I'm still playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 every day (even though I had the platinum a year and a half ago, I want all the gold course pins... a hundreds upon hundreds of hours long grind, and there won't even be a trophy to show for it if and when I do finish it??? Yes, I'm off my rocker!). Still yet to return to 6 of my 10 KYC5 games, but here's how things stand with the other 4:

Pinball Arcade (At end of KYC5, was 12% complete. Now 7% complete(?!))

No, that's not a typo - they finally released trophies for the season 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 DLC packs. Tried a few more tables out - Scared Stiff, Black Rose, F-14 Tomcat and Big Shot have become real favourites; Pin*Bot and White Water not so much. New DLC tables and a new patch have been recently released after a year-long hiatus, and more patches are on the way - they're making an already excellent simulation even better; keep up the good work, FarSight!

Ratchet & Clank (At end of KYC5, was 50% complete. Now 100% complete & :platinum: earned!)

At long last I've platted a KYC game! My 20th platinum trophy overall. Grinding for the million bolts trophy got a bit tedious (had everything else done after 2 and a bit playthroughs, but took almost another 2 playthroughs on top of that before the plat finally popped). Despite showing a few signs of age, the original R&C still holds up today, more than 15 years after release.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (At end of KYC5, was 11% complete. Now 52% complete)

Completed my first playthrough and it was an enjoyable experience overall. The boss fights were pretty mediocre, and the story got a bit too complicated for me to properly follow at times, but everything else was great. Definitely worth giving this another play some time, especially as I missed out on some of the side missions.

Knack (At end of KYC5, was 11% complete. Now 32% complete)

Finished one playthrough and tried some of the challenges. A decent amount of fun and a decent amount of difficulty too, but, like some of you guys, I'm not looking forward to grinding out the missing gems - I have found just one diamond so far. I would like to try out the hardest difficulty, but having to start over with collecting stuff is putting me off at the moment - maybe I can back up my current save file to avoid losing progress?

• Like 3

What's going On ?! 

I've played some Street Fighter vs Tekken but forgot to post my stats so here they are (ish) ^^

261 Games played (265 counting the KYC games)

Completion about 28% ( I think before SFVT it was 28,14%)

3184 trophies earned

I'll do the review at the end of my play time dedicated for each game but I'll probably write something down like quick notes or opinions (no spoilers involved I hope :P )

So for Street Fighter a quick note I prefer the way it looks on the Vita rather than on the Ps3. It seems kind of strange the layout of the characters. 

As for gameplay its a nice variation from the traditional style of capcom's street fighter with the Ultra and Super Combos.

Cheers ^^

Edited by Edward_FOX_86
  • Like 4

@MarkusT1992, @Kevvik, @PerryToxteth, have fun with Rime.

I thought it was pretty neat, though a bit too "we're artsy, can't you tell?" in the end to my taste. I'd probably have given it a :gold::gold::silver: score, or a bit higher or lower if I was respectively feeling generous or picky.

6 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Do you do the reviews daily, at the end of each gameplay period, or does it really matter?

6 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Probably will do it at the end for my first game since I doubt it'll take the full six days, then go from there. :) 

I used to do one every day but this is my first event where I potentially have more than three days per game.

I decided I'll do a review on the first day for initial thoughts, a final review on the last day, and then any day in between where I feel like I have actually something to say on the game.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

First thing I noticed was a 23GB patch for an 18GB base game. I'm always somewhat suspect when an update/patch is larger than the actual game file.

Surely, that can't have happened too often.

11 hours ago, Melanogaster1987 said:

Just some more detailed stats and a quick roundup of my progress since KYC5 before I begin my first game of this event:

Statistics at start of KYC6

Completion rate: 54.46% [Up 0.90% since end of KYC5]
Completion rate (including games at 0%): 29.65%

Trophies earned: 2,544 (20:platinum:, 149:gold:, 463:silver:, 1,912:bronze:) for 59,580 points

Unearned trophies: 1,855
Unearned trophies (including games at 0% & DLC trophies): 6,234

Average rarity of earned trophies: 45.53%

Games on profile: 209
Games with at least one trophy earned: 106

Possible trophies that can be earned during this event: 347 (8:platinum:, 31:gold:, 82:silver:, 226:bronze:) for 10,080 points (plus Q.U.B.E 2's trophies, still to be announced).

Progress with my KYC5 games

But before I begin my games for this event, what progress have I made with my KYC5 games over the last 3 months? Perhaps not as much as I should have done - my completion rate has only recovered by a measly 0.90%. I have put a fair amount of time into Crash Bandicoot and Sly 3 recently instead, also, I'm still playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 every day (even though I had the platinum a year and a half ago, I want all the gold course pins... a hundreds upon hundreds of hours long grind, and there won't even be a trophy to show for it if and when I do finish it??? Yes, I'm off my rocker!).

Hold up, did I read you right regarding TW 14? Are you really going for every pin seeker pin in this game? That is a Herculean grind for the sake of pride. I commend you as I'm sure 99% of gamers have no idea what you are taking on. I nearly lost my marbles going for the Pin Seeker, especially when I started getting duplicates. And you are going the extra, EXTRA mile beyond that! Wow!! Please tell me you are using the points exploit so you get pins faster.

Good to see you joined at the last minute too! I've always enjoyed your reviews. Have a good event!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cool Rick said:

Surely, that can't have happened too often.

It happens more often than you'd think. It's usually not obvious, as in this case it didn't refer to a "patch" download. It's a digital game, that in the store has a file size of 18GB. When you download it though it gives you a 41GB file listed plainly as file size for installation. You'd often never realise that there was a patch at all, unless you check the info on the game's page.

Another game that had a bigger patch than the actual game was Tony Hawk 5.

10 hours ago, Myu said:

L8f6609.png

I loved this game on the PS2 but never finished it. I think I only need to beat the final boss though.

When the PS4 version was released I bought it immediatly but haven't started it yet. :(

Have fun with this game. It's my favourite FF game.

19 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Game No. 1

Watch Dogs 2

Ld181ad.png

First Impressions: I did say I loved the first Watch Dogs, didn't I? Well, two hours into 2 and I feel like :facepalm:.  Truth be told, it always takes me a few hours to warm up to games.  I loved Far Cry 3, but it took me several missions in FC4 before I fully bought in. I think Voodoo wasn't feeling this game early on as well, in a prior KYC.

*snip*

Yeah, I didn't care for the characters or the story much at all. I ended up enjoying the game because of the gameplay and the type of missions that you end up getting. The collectibles bs being mostly optinal was also refreshing.

PS: Got the plat in Planet of the Apes, so on "day 4" I'll have a sort of filler update planned.

• Like 1