Kill Your Completion - 6

5 hours ago, Cool Rick said:

Knack final score:

:silver::bronze::bronze:

(everybody knows by now how my scoring system works, right?)

I've been here for a awhile and I see a lot of people using your scoring system, but I don't know how it works.  I just rank them as I go

12 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

I've been here for a awhile and I see a lot of people using your scoring system, but I don't know how it works.  I just rank them as I go

There's an upper system of a five point rating scale with the standard trophy icons, which has been expanded to a sliding scale with three icons. So my Knack score was "mostly bronze (bad), but a bit on the way to silver (mediocre).

Here the rating scale is, in all its glory, including historical information:

Spoiler

I started on the following rating scale:

:hidden: Awful piece of shit. Watching paint dry would have been more interesting.

:bronze: Just bad. Not horrible but it leaves a sour taste. And not the good kind of sour like lemons.

:silver: Mediocre all the way. Too mediocre to even compare it to something, just like... uhm...

:gold: Fun game, great while it lasts. It can brighten even your bad days. Just like pizza.

:platinum: Reaching unsafe levels of awesome:

kw5Dx.jpg

It has been suggested however, once other people tried using it, that a five point rating scale is not enough for many to judge different games on. Double icons were tried for a while (so in between platinum and gold score would be ":platinum: / :gold:"), making it a nine point scale, but in the end I decided that a thirteen point scale would be the handiest to use.

Like so, from best to worst:

:platinum::platinum::platinum:

:platinum::platinum::gold:

:platinum::gold::gold:

:gold::gold::gold:

:gold::gold::silver:

:gold::silver::silver:

... and so on and so forth, until reaching the lowest score, :hidden::hidden::hidden:.

Edited by Cool Rick
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Playwise so far it's an oddball mix of a 2D platformer and a turn based RPG.  When exploring dungeons they are 2D and in a style more like a platformer where you have to jump and attack enemies.  But when you attack or run into an enemy it swaps to the battle which is more like an RPG.

That sounds like an interesting mechanic, I might have to check it out. It seems vaguely familiar, I think I played something like that but I know for certain it wasn't this game.

Anyways, regarding Freedom Cry, I didn't really have the chance to get back into it and give it a fair shot so I'm going to leave it unrated for now. I'll get back into it and flesh out a review sometime, either between games or more likely at the end of the event clean-up. Up next for me is Brawlhalla and hopefully I'll have better luck getting into it.

Edited by mking_63

5 hours ago, Myu said:

Next game : Grand Kingdom and its 1.06% UR plat!

Got enough UR plats in your list?

3 hours ago, mking_63 said:

That sounds like an interesting mechanic, I might have to check it out.

Like it was said, it's supposed to be a lot like Valkyrie Profile, but since I've never played that game I can't say what is or is not similar.  Exist Archive is a bit weird at times, but I'm enjoying it.  Seems it's UR plat won't be too difficult either.

18 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Marcus, the new protagonist who is solidly millennial. He's actually not that irritating, it's the company he keeps.

It took me longer than I care to admit that the protagonist group portrayal as millennials was not a case of the game trying to be funny.

The game is still a lot more fun than the first Watch_Dogs, though.

2 hours ago, Cool Rick said:

It took me longer than I care to admit that the protagonist group portrayal as millennials was not a case of the game trying to be funny.

The game is still a lot more fun than the first Watch_Dogs, though.

This is why I keep playing bc everyone says WD2 is better. My hope is that I just haven't unlocked enough "tools" on the skills tree yet to make the gameplay more fun. Maybe I'll have an update at the end of the month.

• Like 1