Kill Your Completion - 6

13 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

This is why I keep playing bc everyone says WD2 is better. My hope is that I just haven't unlocked enough "tools" on the skills tree yet to make the gameplay more fun. Maybe I'll have an update at the end of the month.

I meant it was more fun because the story and graphics in the first game were so gloomy... At least in the sequel they're having a laugh.

Still a game tha tis better experienced with your brain turned off, though.

4 hours ago, Jaco said:

L48190d.png

Titan Souls- Day 1 

tenor.gif?itemid=7241261

(snip)

Graphics aren't anything special, but the music is nice. Having completed a playthrough, I can safely say I don't really love or hate this game. But it's not really my thing. I think I'll end up giving it a :gold::silver::silver:

Time played: 6 hours.

Trophy progress: 21/28 for 48% and an A rank. 

I really liked Titan Souls, and I'm usually not one for the "punish yourself" games.

... Ah, who am I kidding, I definitely like "punish yourself" games, but more of the platforming variety. Loving Völgarr The Viking, I should go back to it.

Do you usually not like games like this (tough but fair once you get the rules), or did you start the game because you usually like these games and did Titan Souls do something else wrong?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Got enough UR plats in your list?

I don't choose my games because of their rarity. I'm mostly interested in RPGs, JRPGs and dungeon crawlers and those are often in the UR/VR category unfortunately. I wish they were easier to plat sometimes. :)

19 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

Up next: Oxenfree

I've played this game last month and I'm really curious about your opinion :)

4 hours ago, Cool Rick said:

Do you usually not like games like this (tough but fair once you get the rules), or did you start the game because you usually like these games and did Titan Souls do something else wrong?

I'd say it's something like the former. I don't really like games that cause me to pull my hair out in frustration. :P I've pretty much avoided the Souls/Bloodborne series up to now, for that very reason. And I never could seem to emulate what I saw people make look so easy in YouTube videos, and just had to keep trying till I lucked out. 

I'd also seen it compared to SoTC, which, other than every fight being a boss fight, it didn't really feel like that game at all. You had a health bar in that game, and playing through it is not even close to being as difficult as playing through this. SoTC also had a nice narrative, whereas this game gave me no real purpose to what I was doing.

14 minutes ago, Jaco said:

I'd say it's something like the former. I don't really like games that cause me to pull my hair out in frustration. :P I've pretty much avoided the Souls/Bloodborne series up to now, for that very reason. And I never could seem to emulate what I saw people make look so easy in YouTube videos, and just had to keep trying till I lucked out. 

I'd also seen it compared to SoTC, which, other than every fight being a boss fight, it didn't really feel like that game at all. You had a health bar in that game, and playing through it is not even close to being as difficult as playing through this. SoTC also had a nice narrative, whereas this game gave me no real purpose to what I was doing.

Uh-oh, did you just call the Soulsborne games difficult? Now you've done it... There's many fans on this site trying to get more people to play the games because its "you WILL die" status is a bit of a fabrication by people who expect games to spoonfeed everything. Titan Souls is tough even if you know what you're doing because of the split-second button inputs required, but once you get the hang of Soulsborne games they're supposed to become pretty easy. I've played Bloodborne long enough to experience the switch, and I'm glad I can try it over now (long story on why I didn't finish it in the first place).

36 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Uh-oh, did you just call the Soulsborne games difficult? Now you've done it... There's many fans on this site trying to get more people to play the games because its "you WILL die" status is a bit of a fabrication by people who expect games to spoonfeed everything. Titan Souls is tough even if you know what you're doing because of the split-second button inputs required, but once you get the hang of Soulsborne games they're supposed to become pretty easy. I've played Bloodborne long enough to experience the switch, and I'm glad I can try it over now (long story on why I didn't finish it in the first place).

Or it's fans trying to trick casuals into playing it, so the rarity drops. I see their game! :P I might try Bloodborne someday, now that I can at no additional cost. But I can't imagine it will be that easy, if the 7/10 difficulty ratings are anything to go by. :/ Titan Souls is said to be an 8, though, so it's likely harder. 

58 minutes ago, Jaco said:

Or it's fans trying to trick casuals into playing it, so the rarity drops. I see their game! :P I might try Bloodborne someday, now that I can at no additional cost. But I can't imagine it will be that easy, if the 7/10 difficulty ratings are anything to go by. :/ Titan Souls is said to be an 8, though, so it's likely harder. 

Check the rarity for Titan Souls, check the rarity for Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is supposed to have one or two optional fights in there that make the platinum a bit harder but if you get through the starter area, you don't have anything to worry about.

26 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Check the rarity for Titan Souls, check the rarity for Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is supposed to have one or two optional fights in there that make the platinum a bit harder but if you get through the starter area, you don't have anything to worry about.

Fair enough. But rarity can be deceptive sometimes. Especially, when a game has been on Plus for awhile. Like Transformers: Devastation, for instance. Don't know why that one's so rare. 

3 hours ago, Jaco said:

Fair enough. But rarity can be deceptive sometimes. Especially, when a game has been on Plus for awhile. Like Transformers: Devastation, for instance. Don't know why that one's so rare. 

Devastation's trophies are tough though, with many trophies depending on being good even on higher difficulties and requiring loads of playthroughs. Its percentage was low even before going on PS+, just check the PS3 version.

Yeah Bloodborne will go on for a rarer percentage, but its PSN rarity right now does not correspond at all to a difficult game.

35 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Devastation's trophies are tough though, with many trophies depending on being good even on higher difficulties and requiring loads of playthroughs. Its percentage was low even before going on PS+, just check the PS3 version.

Yeah Bloodborne will go on for a rarer percentage, but its PSN rarity right now does not correspond at all to a difficult game.

All depends on the person, is what I'm getting at. Transformers was far easier for me than this game, and a number of games with higher Platinum percentages. As was Starhawk. Yet they're my two rarest Plats. 

Guess I'll find out if and when I ever get around to playing it. 

34 minutes ago, Jaco said:

All depends on the person, is what I'm getting at. Transformers was far easier for me than this game, and a number of games with higher Platinum percentages. As was Starhawk. Yet they're my two rarest Plats. 

Guess I'll find out if and when I ever get around to playing it. 

True, it's all personal, but objectively speaking Titan Souls is hard because of the split-second button mashing and Transformers Devastation and Bloodborne are hard until you get the hang of it. Also, as @Hemiak pointed out, Titan Souls (and Transformers Devastation) have very difficult trophy lists while Bloodborne does not.

Anyway, I'd say definitely give Bloodborne a try now that it is on PS+. The starting area is tough but it feels really good to get a sense of how the game works and then beat areas.

14 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

So wondering what I'm gonna do with the next few days. I don't really feel like starting the next thing yet.

@Hemiak Is it all right for me to flip the order I do Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Rainbow Moon? 

Yeah I don't really stress the order, or even Making a substitution, as long as you don't make a habit of it. The main reason we post the lists early is to show that people really do have enough games when we start. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Yeah I don't really stress the order, or even Making a substitution, as long as you don't make a habit of it. The main reason we post the lists early is to show that people really do have enough games when we start. 

OK. Well, in that case, swapping The Sims 4 with TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan and swapping the order of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Rainbow Moon, so here's my revised schedule going forward:

March 1-6: Child of Light (PS3 version)-Done
March 7-12: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
March 13-18: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
March 19-24: Rainbow Moon
March 25-30: Monster Hunter World 

Edited by MidnightDragon

@Cool Rick @Hemiak I figured Titan Souls was harder just from the difficulty ratings, and the one hit death crap. I was just saying trophy rarity doesn't always tell you how hard a game will be. I used the Transformers example because to me it wasn't that bad. Some may feel differently, but the way I went about it made it fairly easy to complete. While Titan Souls will see me rack up over 1,000 deaths, by the time I'm done (and that's not an exaggeration).. 

But it's good to know Bloodborne is more... "fair," I guess? And that I can call for help, if I'm really struggling. Lol.

Enjoying TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan so far. Was a little tricky at first, but starting to get the hang of things, so all good. :) Hoping I won't have to wait long before I get a group to help with the two MP trophies. The rest I can get on my own. Having local co-op was a missed opportunity. About to stop for tonight since I'm not 100%.

• Like 1