Kill Your Completion - 6

Period 2, Day 5:

Only got one trophy today because I finished up Chapter 2 on Sly 3 and did the challenges, which I failed every one at least once. Looks like the final day will be spent in Chapter 3, much to my chagrin. Oh well at least I am at 24% completion. Daylight Savings Time is on and really messed up my sleep sched. :(

Trophy Completion: 39%
Trophies Earned: 9Sdfb04a.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

L211fe7.png

Blue Reflection is a very easy game. I suggest playing on hard difficulty, which is... still very easy, but at least provides a little bit more of a challenge than normal mode. It also increases the drop rate of items from enemies, which is always useful.

20 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

Imagine a Mega Man game where the levels and gameplay are not designed that well, the music is uninspired and where stuff that was already annoying about the lesser Mega Man games is in there too.

And from the creator of Mega Man too! This failure is not helping the "developers don't need a triple A company to make a great game!" argument. I like the graphics but I'm scared away by the bad reviews. :( Hopefully the guy who created Castlevania won't fail with his new clone IP involving a vampire-hunting woman.

31 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

And from the creator of Mega Man too! This failure is not helping the "developers don't need a triple A company to make a great game!" argument. I like the graphics but I'm scared away by the bad reviews. :( Hopefully the guy who created Castlevania won't fail with his new clone IP involving a vampire-hunting woman.

To be fair though, there's loads of games that do help that argument, and loads of games that show an AAA publisher can ruin a game.

Lucky you, there's an actual new Mega Man title coming this year.

5 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Well, you're convincing. Blue Reflection's probably a game I'll look into in my next 50 platinums. I'm really going to drain my bank account for a certain game and can't afford too many excess purchases this month. 1f911.png

Yeah, it's definitely an easy plat and reasonably fun.  It's short enough that you could probably get it from Gamefly.  Trophy guide estimates 30 hours for the plat,

4 hours ago, Riq IV said:

To be fair though, there's loads of games that do help that argument, and loads of games that show an AAA publisher can ruin a game.

Lucky you, there's an actual new Mega Man title coming this year.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to be snapping up Mega Man 11. :)

46 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah, it's definitely an easy plat and reasonably fun.  It's short enough that you could probably get it from Gamefly.  Trophy guide estimates 30 hours for the plat,

Okay, when I renew my GameFly account later, I'll definitely look into making this one of my first rentals. :D

21 hours ago, mking_63 said:

: Downwell. After getting down to the boss a number of times and being able to get down there consistently with decent health I finally beat normal mode today! My heart was pumping pretty fast, it's an intense fight. Then I fired up hard mode and .. ugh I'm taking a bit of a break before I try that again.

Hard mode is a whole 'nother animal. The good news is that areas 1 and 2 have the biggest difficulty jumps. 3 is about the same as normal, just have to grab individual bubbles instead of getting them out of containers. 4 is a bit more chaotic with more random enemies and fewer objects, but not that much harder. The good news is you're racking up combos right and left so you get a decent amount of hp back. The boss is almost exactly the same. He might take a little more damage, and he releases two bursts of fireballs each time, but that's the only difference. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

@Jaco that item grind in SO5 was super annoying. None of the bosses are hard to beat with the right setup, but you just need way too many of the drops. Really, it's classic tri-Ace. The dungeon is annoying too since it just takes forever to walk between bosses. Not quite as annoying as Gladsheim from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, but annoying nonetheless.

Once you get that knocked out you'll just have to conquer the very easy battle trophies for the plat. Thankfully you can idle the 1M hits since it took me 20 hours of idling. The status ailment BTs ended up being the most annoying for me. The 1k items were a bit of a pain too.

@dertswa687o Yeah, I handled most of them with ease once I grinded to 255. The party animas were the biggest pain, and the only ones I had to really worry about killing me after that. Finally farmed all the Orichalcum I needed, though, and finished the enemy bestiary. Battle trophies and the playthroughs on higher difficulties are all that's left. Those worry me more than the Battle trophies, to be honest. Lol. 

6 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #2 - Day #6 - Final Impression

L1fadc1.png

Agents of Mayhem

There were a few things I don't particularly like though. For one I would have preferred for all agents to be available from the start. While the introduction sequences for each of them are cool, it limits the freedom a bit when it comes to progressing through the game. Only the agents in your group of 3 that you take on missions earn XP and each other agent you unlock starts off at level 1. By the time I unlocked my last agent the ones from the start were already level 12. So in order to take the new ones along you'll have to lower the difficulty a bit, which in return gives you less XP.. This would not have been an issue, if the new characters were around the same level as the previous ones.

Clearly You've never played Pokémon ! 

lol

@Jaco the one thing that helped me a lot was creating a Laser Weapon during the brief time early on you get fast travel. I did that on Chaos and had an easier time than Universe, where I didn't do it. The hardest part of the game was the Protect Anne battles though. I had to level Dead Man Walking to stand a chance during those fights, especially the one outside in the desert.

• Like 2

Dummy me forgot that I loaned out Odin Sphere Leifthrasir to a friend and won't be getting it back until the weekend...so going to go with my original plan and start Rainbow Moon later and will start Odin Sphere on the 19th.

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

I'm not always this disorganized, I swear...

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

I had to walk 3 dogs while Raining

That is why I like cats better. You have to clean up their excrement from the litterbox but it's far better than having to walk a bunch of yapping mutts out and scoop up their droppings while it's soaking wet. xD

Just kidding. My parents have two dogs that they love to death. Sorry you had to go through that personal hell and hope the rest of the week is better for you. I have to go to the dentist Wednesday and get fitted for a life-time retainer setup with fake teeth to replace the ones they had to pull. Having to eat with a metal retainer on is going to be Hell. :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hemiak said:

L5d1a3d.png

Game 2 - The Witness 

I've only heard good things about The Witness. I really should get it one of these days.

I wish I had played more but for some reason I felt a need to start some other games, I don't know why but it happened so let me include a Bonus Game here. 

I'll Keep it short like Billy Horrible :D

Wait, what?

VOLGARR THE (F***ing) VIKING 

L836d75.png

STATS

4 of 21 Trophies

6% Completion

E Rank

Extremely Difficult 

No Reward Whatsoever 

1 checkpoint during the whole first chapter (Really GAME???)

F*** this game for beeing so good and so bad at the same Time (maybe I'm just bad at the game and I'm excusing Myself ... OH well ^^)

I thought Völgarr was brilliant!

It's a throwback to those old action platformers. All of the chapters have only one checkpoint... The fun is finding out what comes in what order, and how to best get through it. Just like with Bloodborne (though I think Völgarr is harder), it feels so brilliant when you finally get through the boss fight.

Of course, this game is not for everyone :)

• Like 1