Diamond relics

Seskinator

Hey folks,

I wanted to make a new forum especially since this game is a ps plus game for February. Can anyone tell me the approximate amount of playthroughs they had to do before getting the 10 diamond relics? So far I’m halfway through my second time with the game and only have 2 diamond relics so far. I just want to mentally prepare myself lol. 

Thank you all! 

You’re doing the farming wrong. When you open a chest, if it doesn’t have a diamond, don’t do anything, go to the PS4 dashboard, force close the game. Then get back to the chest, repeat until you get a diamond. The game saves after you confirm what you get.

I mean, it’s tedious, but so is playing through legit until you get a bunch of diamonds via RNGesus. Some chests may be worth not doing this for just if they’re far enough from a checkpoint though. Some are really close to a checkpoint which are good for this. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

You’re doing the farming wrong. When you open a chest, if it doesn’t have a diamond, don’t do anything, go to the PS4 dashboard, force close the game. Then get back to the chest, repeat until you get a diamond. The game saves after you confirm what you get.

I mean, it’s tedious, but so is playing through legit until you get a bunch of diamonds via RNGesus. Some chests may be worth not doing this for just if they’re far enough from a checkpoint though. Some are really close to a checkpoint which are good for this. 

Yes I know this method. I tried doing this for an hour+ and got really tired of it but of course when I didn’t try it I got two diamonds in chests while playing normally only in my second playthrough. That’s why I ask how many playthroughs. 

2 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

Yes I know this method. I tried doing this for an hour+ and got really tired of it but of course when I didn’t try it I got two diamonds in chests while playing normally only in my second playthrough. That’s why I ask how many playthroughs. 

No offense, but Elvick gave you good advice. You know the relics are obtained through RNG; how can anyone tell you how many playthroughs are "necessary"? 

I played on every difficulty and on my Hard playthrough (my 4th play through) I got 10 diamonds. Then I played through my 5th play through with Diamond Knack. Even though difficulty increased, I shaved about 20% of the time off each subsequent play because I knew the strategy and knew which areas you can just run through instead of fight.

So I see people already mentioned obtaining these little ***** are completely up to RNGesus so now hammering that point in again seems unnecessary. For me personally it took me almost 3 complete playthroughs to accomplish this (only used the grind method for one diamond which took me a good 1,5 hour so yeah ... pretty much gave up on that afterwards) so there you go.

Happy hunting I guess?

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

No offense, but Elvick gave you good advice. You know the relics are obtained through RNG; how can anyone tell you how many playthroughs are "necessary"? 

Oh I know it’s a good method I just get very impatient. Lol so I want to get a feel for how many playthroughs I need to get diamonds and it seems like 3 is the estimate :-D

I got 6 diamonds on my first play through and one each for each additional playthroughs. I'm currently up to 9 and I've taken a break from Knack for a while due to being so tired of this game. I don't really like the chest exploit which is why I don't have the last one, me and my wife play this game together so it's gonna be a huge accomplishment when we get that last god forsaken diamond.

Like everyone has said it's all random, I personally got lucky and got all 10 in the middle of my second playthrough on hard. 6 or 7 (don't remember the number) of those diamonds was by playing normally and the other 3 or 4 by using the farming method Elvick_ mentioned.

1 hour ago, Mosik_YP said:

Which level is it best to farm them on? Which level has the closest chest next to spawn?

The best one I found was Chapter 8-3: Heavy Machinery. The first chest of the chapter is right in the beginning. Just go right, ignore the enemies by jumping upwards on the platforms and you'll find the chest to the right of the tallest platform.

Edited by TugaSonic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I would say I got lucky. It only took me 2.5 playthroughs. I got 3 on first, 3 on second, and 4 on third playthrough. 

Out of curiosity how did you complete these playthroughs? In one sitting or off and on? I just want to see if there is any correlation to getting diamonds. Probably not lol 

May the RNG gods be with us all. 

8 minutes ago, JNSpradlin said:

Is there something I am missing with the close app trick when you dont get what you want? I am literally like 0/100 on getting a diamond this way.  Level 12-3 has a chest 30 seconds into the level and just spent forever and never got a diamond. I have everything but diamonds.

No you're not missing anything really, you've just run into a rotten bit luck I'm afraid. As I said above the one diamond I got through grinding took me about 1,5 hours worth of: *open chest*, *get ruby/sunstone etc*, *close game* *repeat*

longest I've heard someone do this for one diamond is about 3 hours though .. sooo guess that means I was lucky ... ?  

37 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

Update: playthrough 1: 0 diamonds; playthrough 2: 3 diamonds; playthrough 3: have yet to get a diamond and I’m on chapter 4 right now. 

0 diamonds in the first playthrough like you

Like a stupid I've started in hard so I've to continue in that mode...

3 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

0 diamonds in the first playthrough like you

Like a stupid I've started in hard so I've to continue in that mode...

Sorry :-(. Yeah I started on normal because easy would have been wayyy too easy ya know? Once I finally unlock diamond knack I will use him for Hard and Very Hard which are now my only remaining trophies (apart from unlocking all knacks and beating all bosses with Diamond knack). I even tried the farming method for a bit on both the beginnings of 3-4 and 4-3, but no luck even after trying for 1 hour straight...

It took me 13or 14 playthroughs for this platinum. But oddly enough I had the diamond upgrade looooong before emerald. I speedran the game getting every single chest 4 times without getting a single emerald and it was the final gem i needed. Ive never hated a random trophy more than getting all the knack upgrades.

33 minutes ago, cjl73185 said:

It took me 13or 14 playthroughs for this platinum. But oddly enough I had the diamond upgrade looooong before emerald. I speedran the game getting every single chest 4 times without getting a single emerald and it was the final gem i needed. Ive never hated a random trophy more than getting all the knack upgrades.

This game is a real pain

13 minutes ago, Aikn-Yor said:

hmm from what i see in the comments its not that luck based ,perhaps the chance to get diamonds increases or as you go into more playthroughs. imma just play normally instead of doing the *grind* method. Goodluck

No so sure as I’m in chapter 8 right now of my third playthrough and have not received a single diamond for this playthrough. On my second playthrough I got 3. On my 1st I got 0. I still have a ways to go and many chests to open so we will see...here’s hoping I somehow get 7 diamond relics during the latter part of this playthrough and the game throws me a bone.