Diamond relics

Seskinator

15 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

But in the time attack mode there are any chests? 

Unfortunately not. The only way to get chests is through the main game and once you beat it once you hit continue to start a new game with the same relics carried over. Once you unlock everything then my recommendation is to use diamond knack for the tougher difficulties. 

My third playthrough only got me 1 diamond relic so now I need 6 more to unlock diamond knack :-/. Hopefully I’m luckier on my 4th playthrough lol

18 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

Unfortunately not. The only way to get chests is through the main game and once you beat it once you hit continue to start a new game with the same relics carried over. Once you unlock everything then my recommendation is to use diamond knack for the tougher difficulties. 

My third playthrough only got me 1 diamond relic so now I need 6 more to unlock diamond knack :-/. Hopefully I’m luckier on my 4th playthrough lol

Dude - farm the chests.

I mean, more power to you if you want to keep playing over and over, but I got all 10 diamonds on the first playthrough by using the farming method. Don't think it took me longer than an hour in any single location.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Dude - farm the chests.

I mean, more power to you if you want to keep playing over and over, but I got all 10 diamonds on the first playthrough by using the farming method. Don't think it took me longer than an hour in any single location.

Best locations?

7 minutes ago, Sailar91 said:

Best locations?

I used the tips in this thread

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/knack/217345-diamond-crystal-farming-method.html

In particular this post was very helpful

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5826400-post183.html

This does assume you have used the companion app before starting the game to get a good chunk of the gadget parts and all the other knack gems, other than Diamond. This lets you focus on just farming Diamonds at the key locations listed. Really any chapter that has a chest close to the start can be used.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Dude - farm the chests.

I have tried farming on MULTIPLE occasions for almost an hour and a half and no diamonds at all. It’s just luck and honestly sitting there closing the app and restarting it is way more of a chore to me than playing through the game normally. All in all, this trophy either is great or it blows for people bc it’s all luck and someone can get all diamonds in 3 playthroughs or less without farming whereas others need to play the game 10 times over. 

I started collecting them once I got all other knacks and build every item that requires the parts. I got like 5-6 diamonds in just normal gameplay opening chests (use a video or guide if you don't know all the chests). Had to farm only 3-4 other ones. It's basically luck yes, but if you try to hunt diamonds even if you don't have all other things it will be a really long road.

3 hours ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

I started collecting them once I got all other knacks and build every item that requires the parts. I got like 5-6 diamonds in just normal gameplay opening chests (use a video or guide if you don't know all the chests). Had to farm only 3-4 other ones. It's basically luck yes, but if you try to hunt diamonds even if you don't have all other things it will be a really long road.

I hope I can get some of that luck and get 6 diamonds to get Diamond Knack in my 4th playthrough lolol

The farming method blows. And I’m not trolling I’ve been so called “farming” straight for diamonds on the first chest on 6-3 for an hour and a half. Nothing! And yes I’m full on all other gadgets and relic types all except for diamond. 

Of course 10 min later I get a diamond lolol

Edited by Seskinator

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to implement random chest drops in a game with a huge amount of collectibles and not let you carrie the stats over into other difficulties? A small question after your first playtrough if you want to stay in the same difficulty or change couldn't be so hard and makes much more sense with the design of collectibles.

And who thought it would be nice to find the same crystals over and over again although you can do nothing with it? There are 130 pieces of Gadgets and Crystal Relics and thanks to the system and rarity of some stuff you have to open many many more chests to get everything. This wouldn't be that bad if not combined with my former complain about the collectibles not carrying over into other difficulties or save games. But it is and in my eyes a dumb decision to do it like that.

I'm really annoyed by this. I hate grinding, it's tedious and I am not a lucky person if it comes to rare drops, doesn't matter which game. The grinding method is not working well with me, it just worked once in 5 grinding spots. The other times I got annoyed after some time and moved on and had more luck in finding a Diamond afterwards in another chest without reloading. I am in 6-3 now and it's again boring to reload over and over again and my PS4 Pro asking me every time when I start the game, if I want to have better framerate or better graphics doesn't help. Although every try is just about 1:30 minutes it seems much longer. Maybe I will stop reloading and just play the story and wait in between runs....

I almost finish first playthrough and got 6 diamond so far using some grinding spots, didn't take too much time for each spot as far as I remember. I already unlocked everything else with the help of the mobile app though.

It's pretty random but I think got 4 with the last hit of Knack 3 punch combo and other 2 with the jump attack.

2 hours ago, Savyna said:

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to implement random chest drops in a game with a huge amount of collectibles and not let you carrie the stats over into other difficulties? A small question after your first playtrough if you want to stay in the same difficulty or change couldn't be so hard and makes much more sense with the design of collectibles.

And who thought it would be nice to find the same crystals over and over again although you can do nothing with it? There are 130 pieces of Gadgets and Crystal Relics and thanks to the system and rarity of some stuff you have to open many many more chests to get everything. This wouldn't be that bad if not combined with my former complain about the collectibles not carrying over into other difficulties or save games. But it is and in my eyes a dumb decision to do it like that.

I'm really annoyed by this. I hate grinding, it's tedious and I am not a lucky person if it comes to rare drops, doesn't matter which game. The grinding method is not working well with me, it just worked once in 5 grinding spots. The other times I got annoyed after some time and moved on and had more luck in finding a Diamond afterwards in another chest without reloading. I am in 6-3 now and it's again boring to reload over and over again and my PS4 Pro asking me every time when I start the game, if I want to have better framerate or better graphics doesn't help. Although every try is just about 1:30 minutes it seems much longer. Maybe I will stop reloading and just play the story and wait in between runs....

The idea was to get things from friends. The problem is you can't get diamonds from it. So that kinda makes even boosting for it pointless. And on top of that, having actual friends who played the game. When I played through none of my friends list had it. I was the only one so it went into the void. At least with Knack 2 you get "Adventurers" from some chests in case you have no friends playing. And it's overall a better setup in both the way it's done ingame, and the way the trophies are designed. You don't even have to get Diamond Knack to get platinum, just any jewel Knack and you're done. Much better game.

Grinding this out was a pain in the ass for me. I remember I got lucky enough to get two diamonds in a row though. But otherwise it was super annoying, especially since at that time the Newsfeed would show whenever you started up any game. So it kept spamming my poor friend's list with me starting Knack. :P Ah launch, fun times.

Edited by Elvick_

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

The idea was to get things from friends. The problem is you can't get diamonds from it. So that kinda makes even boosting for it pointless. And on top of that, having actual friends who played the game. When I played through none of my friends list had it. I was the only one so it went into the void. At least with Knack 2 you get "Adventurers" from some chests in case you have no friends playing. And it's overall a better setup in both the way it's done ingame, and the way the trophies are designed. You don't even have to get Diamond Knack to get platinum, just any jewel Knack and you're done. Much better game.

Grinding this out was a pain in the ass for me. I remember I got lucky enough to get two diamonds in a row though. But otherwise it was super annoying, especially since at that time the Newsfeed would show whenever you started up any game. So it kept spamming my poor friend's list with me starting Knack. :P Ah launch, fun times.

I do like the "get stuff what your friends found" thing. It felt nice to choose from my friends list to get the desired item. And I have to admit I also "hired" some new friends for this, in case I would end up like you with no friend who ever played it :D. As I said I just think the execution is poor if you want to do everything AND get the maximum enjoyment out of the game. But good to here they made Knack 2 better in that respective. That will follow soon on my profile :).

6 Diamonds are mine, 4 to go :D