First big update

Champ147

Well, that would have been somewhat helpful.  I've almost got the plat, but it's good to know they fixed most of the problems I ran into.

Crashes were often for me, but the auto-save negated it, but probably the most annoying is that enemies hang for a while sometimes after getting hit.  Sometimes up to 30 seconds.

Hmm, well I guess some people like the music.  I hated the remakes.  They sounded awkward and clunky.  Especially the gnome city's theme, which was my favorite.  From then on, I just stuck with the original music.

Edited by Vincent Brooks

Here's a question vis-a-vis autosave and crashes, because, like so many else, that autosave feature has been a life saver for me. I genuinely wouldn't have been able to play the game without it, thanks to so many crashes erasing so much content.

But it is a huge change from the original, and unlike anything SQ-E has included in other such efforts, like FF. So....

Is the only reason autosave got included in this remake was because Square Enix knew *full* well that their game was a buggy mess, and unplayable without some form of auto save? 

Because, life saver that it is, it changes the game a bit much with death and whatnot - I never felt really concerned with total death, as I would have otherwise, if it meant going back some hour or so to my last save. In some sense, I'd have preferred there not being auto save; I certainly would've preferred the game not being released in such an unacceptable, nearly unprecedented in recent times, form of buggy state/constant widespread, almost universal, crashing.

Edited by Coladar

Oh, this f***ing game. I got the f***ing patch - version 1.02. Five minutes in, Wolf Lord drops my Faerie Ring. This MFer crashes as I f***ing zoned! The jokes on them - faerie ring was my last arm piece, so I got that MFing trophy, despite no ring! Just got one glove orb, one to go. At least if I never see that Faerie Ring, it won't mean **** for getting the Plat. My god though, if that had happened for a super rare item that didn't ding my trophy? Holy crap!

Bottom dollar: The patch update, version 1.02, is apparently an absolute piece of ****. Square can't fix this game to save their lives, which is utterly pathetic and a joke. At this point, a month in with this madness, they owe every one a refund or, more likely/easier, a code for another free SQ-E game. This release is an absolute joke, and offensive to every Secret of Mana fan. How the holy **** can they not fix the constant crashing with this 1.02 update? It is insanity!

So outside of crashes still going on, anyone having any other problems since the patch? Things like the characters falling through the floor, black screens, enemies not ever dying, etc? 

On 3/4/2018 at 11:25 PM, Coladar said:

Oh, this f***ing game. I got the f***ing patch - version 1.02. Five minutes in, Wolf Lord drops my Faerie Ring. This MFer crashes as I f***ing zoned! The jokes on them - faerie ring was my last arm piece, so I got that MFing trophy, despite no ring! Just got one glove orb, one to go. At least if I never see that Faerie Ring, it won't mean **** for getting the Plat. My god though, if that had happened for a super rare item that didn't ding my trophy? Holy crap!

While that sucks I'm sure you'll likely get more Faerie Rings. Those are his common drop item and I must have gotten like 20 of them before I ever saw one glove orb drop from him. Then I had about another 10-15 faerie rings before I got his second glove orb. Took like an hour alone grinding just wolf lords for me. I'm glad I got some of the others really quick, but I guess it depends if the Mana Gods like you or not if you get the drop. 

14 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

So outside of crashes still going on, anyone having any other problems since the patch? Things like the characters falling through the floor, black screens, enemies not ever dying, etc? 

While that sucks I'm sure you'll likely get more Faerie Rings. Those are his common drop item and I must have gotten like 20 of them before I ever saw one glove orb drop from him. Then I had about another 10-15 faerie rings before I got his second glove orb. Took like an hour alone grinding just wolf lords for me. I'm glad I got some of the others really quick, but I guess it depends if the Mana Gods like you or not if you get the drop. 

Oddly enough, I didn't. Next was an Orb, too. Fortunately, I'm done and Platted, so this less than enjoyable return to one of my fave games is at an end. As icing on the cake, the final boss fight sees... A crash! Right towards the end, no less.

Here's all I want to know right now: Exactly what freaking bugs did the long brewing 1.02 address? Seriously. Because it sure didn't address the sole bug 99.999999999% have encountered, and which *almost* is game breaking (and would be, were it not for the quick and easy bandaid of autosaving every zoning.) The only bug fix that was *supposedly* fixed I ever encountered was the half black screen deal. You'd think anyone with sense would have put all hands on deck for *this* bug - character colour's changing is groovy and all, but nothing has higher precedence than one which utterly crashes the game. No less, one that nearly everyone experiences and which is encountered at an utterly obscene rate. I'd be mortified if I had been on the programming staff for this remake, and especially for the 1.02 patch. They didn't reduce the frequency 1%.

Edited by Coladar