FYI Don't skip the Eggplant Man / Watcher Ring rare drop in Pure Land

wesmonz

It's super annoying to do after Pure land gets closed off. Only way you can get it is through the shape shifters. You need to wait for them to morph unto the eggplant man.

I am currently doing it at lofty mountains right before you fight the shadow characters at the rest of courage and its going to take awhile. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, weggelopen said:

there is a eggplant man in underground city in the train

not sure if it drops the item

I heard someone mention farming it here, so I think he does. I doubt the loot table is location dependent, so no reason to think he wouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you own the physical copy, you can run on version 1.0 and go back to the Pure Land. I got all the way to the Mana Fortress then realized I missed a couple of items in the Pure Lands. So I deleted the game, turned off my network connection and reinstalled at 1.0. Worked like a charm. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2018 at 11:21 PM, weggelopen said:

there is a eggplant man in underground city in the train

not sure if it drops the item

He does, I farmed the Eggplant Man on the train for about an hour and a half and got the Watcher ring.  Just exit thru the South door of the train, and reenter. Smash the eggplant, ignore the ghoul, and always always ALWAYS analyze the chest before you open it.

Edited by Sarge_Vita

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 10:17 PM, TheLakota said:

Doom trap?

There was a player theory many moons ago that was sort of semi-proven, but I can't find the threads for the life of me, that analysing the chests increased the chance of rare drops being in them.  I have to say that I had to do very little farming at all for the rare bits; may have been coincidence, maybe I was just lucky, but I did scan every chest that dropped whilst farming and had a very high drop rate throughout my 'farming'.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 4:55 PM, SaucyBrotato said:

There was a player theory many moons ago that was sort of semi-proven, but I can't find the threads for the life of me, that analysing the chests increased the chance of rare drops being in them.  I have to say that I had to do very little farming at all for the rare bits; may have been coincidence, maybe I was just lucky, but I did scan every chest that dropped whilst farming and had a very high drop rate throughout my 'farming'.

I know I'm late to the party, but I can vouch for this. I opened several chests from Griffin Hands, nothing, 1st try after analyzing the chest just now, I got the Griffin Helm. Maybe it was luck, but I doubt it, going to do it with the others.

30 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

I know I'm late to the party, but I can vouch for this. I opened several chests from Griffin Hands, nothing, 1st try after analyzing the chest just now, I got the Griffin Helm. Maybe it was luck, but I doubt it, going to do it with the others.

It was just luck. Even if I analyzed it or not the Watcher Ring took forever to drop, same with whatever it was that dropped from the ghosts in Pure Land.

It's just a myth, like pressing A when a Pokemon lands a move to increase the chances to get a critical hit.

2 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

It was just luck. Even if I analyzed it or not the Watcher Ring took forever to drop, same with whatever it was that dropped from the ghosts in Pure Land.

It's just a myth, like pressing A when a Pokemon lands a move to increase the chances to get a critical hit.

Yeah, it is luck, I tried it against Ghosts and Ice Bandits in a cave, kept getting Royal Jams from analyzing the Ghosts chest. I finally got a chest drop from Ice Bandits, didn't analyze and got the Dragon Coil, 1st try. This grind is super easy compared to the Star Ocean games.

EDIT: Just got the Watcher Ring from the Eggplant Man outside of the cave I mentioned before, in the forest area, took 35 minutes for him to drop it. Probably totally got lucky, just need the Imp's Ring from a Ghost then I'm done with this area.

Edited by Nitemares-----

• 1 month later...

I lost this enemy and the ring in pure land because in the guide its not marked as missable. Of corse is not, because in Mana fortress is there a black jelly enemy (dont remember its name) that can invoke the eggplant man, or 3 another enemies. I used to enter in a room with many crystals and this black jelly (setting popoio and prim to not atack enemies, just as my command). With this, I waiting this monster to invoke the eggplant man, kill it with fireball magic lv8 (for not trigger prim and popoio to kill black jelly) and running in this cenario until its re-spawn again, or kill another enemies (not black jelly). It toke me about 3-4 hours, using SauciBrotto says for analyser even treasure chest that appears. Whala...finally got this watcher ring. Its more fast do it than restar a new game (In ps vita, you can make a pause very easy between gameplays, because there is a auto save). 

• 10 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 4:13 PM, Kallume said:

If you own the physical copy, you can run on version 1.0 and go back to the Pure Land. I got all the way to the Mana Fortress then realized I missed a couple of items in the Pure Lands. So I deleted the game, turned off my network connection and reinstalled at 1.0. Worked like a charm. 

First time I log onto the forums and it's all to thank for you this, my man.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2018 at 4:10 PM, SaucyBrotato said:

He does, I farmed the Eggplant Man on the train for about an hour and a half and got the Watcher ring.  Just exit thru the South door of the train, and reenter. Smash the eggplant, ignore the ghoul, and always always ALWAYS analyze the chest before you open it.

How do you get back to the Underground City after beating it though? Or is it not possible? Wish I'd read through this sooner as I'm in the same boat.