What is the WORST game you bought and play. JUST for the trophies!?

SuchRemorse

I love these kind of topics so I keep getting flashbacks to this abomination called adam's trash.

For anyone thinking: "Oh look a chinese uncharted/tomb raider ripoff.."  Think twice everything about this game is shit. The dialoge is cringe The puzzles make no sense 90% of the time, the camera is shit and I'll stop the list for now as I'm already getting tilted again ?

i0oBmJe.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I'm waiting for all of the My name is Mayo.

Mayo was more interesting than majority of games mentioned here ;) 

9 hours ago, Scorpions444 said:

Literally everyone who owns Aabs Animals ??

That had cats. And it was 5 minutes. You didn't even need to do much for it =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

I have never bought a game JUST for the trophies. I like all the games on my account/profile to be a showcase of games I have enjoyed or loved. I have however CONTINUED a game just for the trophies.
On this account I can think of:

flOw

I thought it would entertain me more as I liked Spore (and everyone compared it to Spore) and I often enjoy games like this in general. But after finishing as a couple of the creatures I saw how little there was to it. I tried to just complete it and get it out of the way but never could get the drive to, and now I have the Vita AND PS3 versions stuck on my profile.

Race the Sun

I loved this on PC so I thought I'd love having it on the go on Vita too. I was wrong. I just missed the user made maps on PC and got bored. I also never completed this one even though I tried to just finish it for the trophies.
Skylanders Trap Team
I should of stopped after Giants, I enjoyed those two games. This entry lost it's charm fast and levels were boring to revisit. I pushed through for the trophies only to be halted one trophy from the platinum by the nightmare difficulty trophy.

On my other account I can think of:
Tearaway
I really enjoyed this game the first time. The second time though I felt pretty drained of creativity for it and didn't decorate my Messenger as much. I knew the levels too well to be as interested so it lost a lot of it's charm, but I platinumed it anyway. Unfortunately it's left me really unsure if I want to play Unfolded from my backlog.

Final Fantasy 9
I'll be honest, I didn't buy myself this. It was a gift so I could try the old Final Fantasy games while buffing my trophy list. Too be honest though it might just be a little too old for me without nostalgia glasses. I'm not really enjoying it that much so far but I'm going to go back to it sometime for the trophies. Hopefully I get farther and find it more enjoyable whenever I decide to do that because it was a game I really wanted to like.

I can't even really say i hated "Little adventure on the prairie" even though it was terrible because i laughed my ass off at that game. And Orc slayers did make my eyes burn but the worst for me is definitely "Albedo: eyes from outer space." Mannnnn that game was horrible. Probably more so because it seems like the people who made it just might have thought that it would be a good play and i feel dirty for having also purchased the EU version in a sale way back. (Still about to stack it though. :D)

Tearaway Unfolded

This choice can be surprising, but honestly it was my worst experience for a game done for a platinum.

I really enjoyed Tearaway on Vita, and I thought that Teawaray Unfolded on PS4 would be as good, and also easy for someone who already knows the Vita version.

Error, it's not the same game.

The Vita version has some challenging trophies (terminate some levels without dying) but it's doable with little tries.

Unfolded version had some very frustrating trophies, but the worst was : 

Chauffeur : you have to take a character from a point to another without dying. But, when you have to fight against ennemis, you have to drop the character and taking it again after the battle. There were too many times where the character was dropped away by ennmies or worst, after the battle a door is closed automatically and guess what, the character was behind the door.... And to retry, you have to start the level from the beginning, including the long video...

Edited by DynaVita
  • Like 1

Probably 36 Fragments of Midnight (which I platted twice). To be honest, I only bought it because the trophies, put together, were worth more than the cost of the game (in Sony's Reward dealie). I had hoped to like some of the platforming, but that went out the window almost immediately. The game felt nearly unplayable on Vita.

Nearly...xD

2 hours ago, Gamer-Girls-FTW said:

"Albedo: eyes from outer space."

Another great choice. 

• Like 2

WRC 5 for Vita. I didn't buy it just for the trophies but it is why I stayed with it until the platinum. In an trophyless universe I would have chalked it up as a loss and flushed the damn turd down the toilet where it belongs. I feel sorry for people who paid full price, I got it in a sale for a couple of bucks and I still felt scammed.

I have played some of the games mentioned here but have never really regretted getting them as I usually knew what I was getting. If I need to lower the bar to enjoy them then that is what I am quite willing to do.

In fact, I am compiling a list of easy and fast games to play when I make use of my 7-day PSN NOW free trial later this year and Magus is on it even if I probably should know better :x (the goal there is to get 7 plats in one week plus whatever I can get out of it as a bonus).

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

I'm with @Deluziion90 on this one.

I was going to say either World of Nubla, Energy Cycle or Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure.

But then, I remembered playing through Adam's Venture: Origins, which is like a discounted version of Uncharted/Tomb Raider in every worst possible way.

spacer.pngMc268f2.png

It was like being in purgatory during the whole playthrough.

On one hand, the game is bland to the extreme and has zero redeeming qualities.

But on the other hand, the platinum took me just over 5 hours and I got trophies popping up at regular intervals, which kept me going.

I regret buying NITROPLUS BLASTERZ: HEROINE'S INFINITE DUEL for the PS4 and just to show how much I dislike it, I didn't even bother typing the name for it rather I just copy-pasted the title from my trophy list which is why it is capitalized. It is very bland as a fighting game and it doesn't control as smoothly as other fighting games when it comes to inputs like when I have played like Dead or Alive 5 or BlazBlue. I bought it because of the trophies and it had Saber from the Fate Series but man, I don't even want to grind the trophies for it anymore. 

Edited by TheVader66

My choice would be Dying: Reborn. Everything was bad about it. Poor controls, uninteresting story, boring puzzles, terrible voice acting, and just bad game direction in general. Got it on a sale and was a quick plat, but going through it was a sufferable experience.

Contrary to what has been said, I actually enjoyed My Name is Mayo. One would even have to consider it to be the Dark Souls of mayo jars simulators.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

Oh boy ... always feel like I'm gonna step on someones toes with these sort of topics but sure why not? 1f605.png

I didn't really buy it since it was a PS Plus game (but I did technically pay for that soooo ... I'd say it counts :P ) but my worst "buy" would then have to be:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture:

EGGTR_3_670.png

To put it bluntly: the game did absolutely nothing for me 

I*d say it was sort of like one of those artsy Oscar winning movies it feels as if you got lured into watching by all the great reviews it got and then you see it only to go: "...wait that was it?"

Could probably go into further detail, but nah not gonna bother with this one 1f60f.png 

I have not started this game yet i got it on PS+ but the horror stories of how slow you move just makes me not want to start it as i am very impatient person lol