Is it worth it/possible to still Platinum this game?

CristianX-97

I know servers are still up, but is it true that there's only 4 active servers at any moment? How does that work anyways? I have 4 PS3's to myself, and maybe considering to try this in the future, because I feel any day now they might announce a server shutdown on the game. Someone who's Platinumed the game recently, please give me your thoughts and opinions. Hopefully someone actually responds though. 

• Like 1

Iw heard EA is closing old games like in June this year. So i guess you better do this before that time too be sure

But damn 4 ps3's is alote. You can probalby get alote by doing that. But there is an award that you need to kill 5 players in 2 seconds. So everything else you can do i guess. Just very hard cuz the servers are very active agein. Duo too closure this year    

And this would take you a month or more if starting it now 

Edited by Tomy_IV
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

And again, Source? You guys might be right but let's have some substance here...

I'll go fetch it, did not save the url.

It's on my work laptop, I get it later. I-Stats is gone since a few days ago and they will remove online for games that used the service. That's all I remember.

Edited by NightRusticDawn

There are two game modes online (goldrush and conquest) and for both modes only 2 maps each are stable. If you open a 3rd goldrush map for example and join with your 4 accounts the match will start. But crash after a few min (2-3 min i think). No progress is saved when your kicked. But i am pretty sure i killed one enemy, left tha match and my progress was saved

Only solution to play was join a nearly full lobby (24 is max). Big problem is getting all medals/patches/trophies (120 in total). I recommend 3 real players to most of them but only for one you need 5 players/accounts. Those are the real problem here

I did all online stuff last year from spring to fall. In spring we could play even on ~ 10 people lobbies which was much better for me. Killing up to 10k enemies in full lobbies was stressful. Very stressful. For me at least

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

@NightRusticDawn interesting. Thanks for looking into that. Could have other ramifications then. I wonder how many games use this service. Hard to find much on it during my quick search. Let me know if you find anything please. 

I will do, I got my work laptop tomorrow so I message you if I remember it :)

Yeah think I-Stats died 5 days ago.

not true about lobbies crashing.  between me and my two mates we currently have 6 accounst, but can do 10 maximum if we wanted.  we inflated a lobby and started a new one.  however, within like 3 minutes randoms were already joining and instead of 1 large lobby, it was 2 medium sized ones.  it is an aboslute nightmare.  although, if servers will be closing in june, i will not bother because it will take ages to boost with all the no-life pros on the game.

On 2.3.2018 at 7:08 PM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

not true about lobbies crashing.  between me and my two mates we currently have 6 accounst, but can do 10 maximum if we wanted.  we inflated a lobby and started a new one.  however, within like 3 minutes randoms were already joining and instead of 1 large lobby, it was 2 medium sized ones.  it is an aboslute nightmare.  although, if servers will be closing in june, i will not bother because it will take ages to boost with all the no-life pros on the game.

Im kinda happy pros back in the day is playing it now. The servers have been full for a week now. Gotten 2000 kills in just week so good for that trophy. But the Awards yeah I spent 3 weeks on 5 heli kills in 1 round damn that was hard too do. Cuz the russian helis doesnt count

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 3:08 PM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

How many people are needed to start and maintain a stable server?

Edited by Zorost17

I'd say you've got a fair shot at it. Especially with multiple systems.. that definitely gives you the upper hand when it comes down to boosting the wildcards. Like mentioned before some of the wildcards do require more than 4 players so that might be an issue, but other than that you shouldn't have too much trouble with getting the remaining ones.

Personally I wouldn't recommend grinding the 10.0002 kills out. It seems such a hassle trying to get a full lobby with boosters and it's a lot more fun when doing it the normal way. If you're good at the game you can get around 50-70 kills each round. Back in the day I was able to rack up somewhere around 500-1000 kills on a single day. But then the servers were a lot more crowded and chances are that only veterans play it nowadays.. 

Luckily, in most cases, EA announced their server shutdowns several months beforehand. I'd say this platinum can be obtained in several weeks if you'd go all in for it.

2 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

I'd say you've got a fair shot at it. Especially with multiple systems.. that definitely gives you the upper hand when it comes down to boosting the wildcards. Like mentioned before some of the wildcards do require more than 4 players so that might be an issue, but other than that you shouldn't have too much trouble with getting the remaining ones.

Personally I wouldn't recommend grinding the 10.0002 kills out. It seems such a hassle trying to get a full lobby with boosters and it's a lot more fun when doing it the normal way. If you're good at the game you can get around 50-70 kills each round. Back in the day I was able to rack up somewhere around 500-1000 kills on a single day. But then the servers were a lot more crowded and chances are that only veterans play it nowadays.. 

Luckily, in most cases, EA announced their server shutdowns several months beforehand. I'd say this platinum can be obtained in several weeks if you'd go all in for it.

I agree with you there doing the 10020 kills is best too play normaly. Nice account you have :) Iw seen you serveral times :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Crap, I need to get cracking then. @Tomy_IV  is usually a good source.  

Hey bud, i was kinda thinking about doing this but also was thinking to avoid it ...we are really late on this ..if we started this last year would be good enough 

1 minute ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Hey bud, i was kinda thinking about doing this but also was thinking to avoid it ...we are really late on this ..if we started this last year would be good enough 

It's too late for me since I got a few of the trophies already. 

3 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

I would say it's too late too start it. You cannot have a server by your own now. Cuz the Veterans are back playing for fun. I think they know about the servers going down soon. It's a good game it's understand able :)   @POEman553 Didnt we play this 2 years ago ? 

Edited by Tomy_IV
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomy_IV said:

I would say it's too late too start it. You cannot have a server by your own now. Cuz the Veterans are back playing for fun. I think they know about the servers going down soon. It's a good game it's understand able :)

Maybe then i should stick to BFBC 2 only, thanks for the heads up

5 minutes ago, Tomy_IV said:

I would say it's too late too start it. You cannot have a server by your own now. Cuz the Veterans are back playing for fun. I think they know about the servers going down soon. It's a good game it's understand able :)   @POEman553 Didnt we play this 2 years ago ? 

We tried to -- but the boosting group I was with was too chaotic. People kept whining about what they wanted and there was no organization. 

EDIT: I tried to connect just now and it said "Failed to connect to EA Online." 

Edited by POEman553

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

We tried to -- but the boosting group I was with was too chaotic. People kept whining about what they wanted and there was no organization. 

Yes got so bad at the end. Well got something done atleast :) Think i will be able too finish this. This month or so 

Edited by Tomy_IV