HORIZON ZERO DAWN SURPASSES 7.6 MILLION SALES WORLDWIDE

ziggypossum

February 28, 2018 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of Horizon Zero Dawn™ have exceeded 7.6 million copies just one year since it launched exclusively on PlayStation®4 (PS4™)*1. The exceptional year-one-sales mark Horizon Zero Dawn as the most successful new first-party franchise launch on PS4. Horizon Zero Dawn was released on February 28, 2017 to widespread critical acclaim, winning numerous industry awards.  

“We are incredibly grateful that Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds have been received so positively by so many gamers and it is a testament to the fantastic work of the entire team at Guerrilla. The combination of beautiful story-telling and great characters, with excellent gameplay mechanics, has resonated well with fans and led to this exceptional sales milestone,” said Shawn Layden, Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios.  

“We had huge ambition for Horizon Zero Dawn and as we approached the launch we knew people were excited, but to see sales of this volume is truly mind blowing. Since launch, millions of players have joined Aloy on a quest to discover the secrets of the old ones. We hope they enjoy playing Horizon Zero Dawn as much as we enjoyed making it,” said Hermen Hulst, Managing Director and Co-Founder, Guerrilla.

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2018/180228.html

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/6559/20180228-horizon.html

Horizon Zero Dawn surpasses 7.6 million sales worldwide ahead of its 1st birthday

Guerrilla celebrates with massive PlayStation Store discounts, free avatars and Photo Mode theme

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02/28/horizon-zero-dawn-surpasses-7-6-million-sales-worldwide-ahead-of-its-1st-birthday/

• Like 2

Oh No!! I did not know that this game was failing so badly... Guess they better close up shop and give up all together ...

On a more serious note, that is amazing.  I am glad that this game did well.  They did an excellent job making it, and you can see and feel the passion put into it as you play.  Good for them :)

• Like 3

Very impressive sales, especially for a new IP. I haven't played the game yet, but from everything I've heard, I'm sure it's well-deserved. Guerrilla could have kept making Killzone games or stuck with the FPS genre, but I'm glad they decided to take a risk and go in a completely different direction.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's also been in the top 10 most played games list on this site consistently since release, which also says a great deal about the popularity of the game. 

They deserve to do well. There was a lot of heart poured into the development of Horizon Zero Dawn, and it shows. 

I have not had the opportunity to play it yet but this seems only but well deserved.

Hopefully this will be an incentive for more studios to take the risk to develop new games, based on new ideas and innovative stories, and not just focus on comfortable endless sequels...

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1