PS3 and Vita games to be removed from PS plus from March 2019

FreeSpark22

Sony is really only to give out 2 PS4 games after March 2019? Why not supplement them with additional PS4 titles that utilize Playlink or VR? Not a good decision in my opinion. I'm sad that PS3 won't be getting any more titles but it had a good run so I expected them to end it eventually. But the Vita? I just got a Vita in Sep. 2016! Wasted potential...shame on Sony. I really hope we get some excellent Vita and PS3 titles up till it's closure to be added. 

I have to give Sony credit for being so open about their plans well before the change in their service and even informing subscribers directly (I think it's to avoid legal issues with 12-month subscribers, but well done anyways).

Never saw the value of PS Plus subscription even though I own all three platforms. Not interested in paying rent for "free" games. I hope they at least bring down the price of the subscription if they offer less games per month in the future.

• Like 2

Totally fine with it. The only one that hurts a little is Vita, but being honest I have been ignoring PS3 and Vita PS+ free games ever since the PS4 came out.

Edit: To clarify, this only pertains to me. People have a right to be mad at only 2 games a month from 4. Just that for me, I only play the PS4 offerings.

Edited by Death_Ninja

Well I like some of the PS3 (got no Vita) games they offer. Think I’m just gonna churn out whatever PS+ games I have then go on a month by month basis next year. Since they’re keeping the 2 games per month on PS4, chances are I won’t care for half of them. I don’t play much online so no problem there either. And I’ll just use cloud storage from time to time.

Well, I won't be renewing.

If they at least made the jump to 3 or 4 PS4 games I could get down.

The big thing for me is a lot of the time the Vita games are cross buy, meaning we would often get more than 2 PS4 games as it is.

I'm just glad I've had a good nearly two years to get back into Xbox. They actually, you know, don't treat their customers like *complete* shit. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well, I won't be renewing.

If they at least made the jump to 3 or 4 PS4 games I could get down.

The big thing for me is a lot of the time the Vita games are cross buy, meaning we would often get more than 2 PS4 games as it is.

I'm just glad I've had a good nearly two years to get back into Xbox. They actually, you know, don't treat their customers like *complete* shit. 

With them banking on backwards compatibility so much, I can't see them dropping the free 360 monthly games anytime soon

They should have his dropped the PS3 and kept Vita on just increased the quality because this gen was PS4 / PSV just last last was PS3 / PSP. Not sure why they kept plus on this long for PS3 anyway. Sad news I heavily use the Vita and play most of the cross-buy titles on Vita as I personally never have much time in front of the TV unless I make the time for unsociable hours. Oh well only can dream Sony make another portable...

• Like 1

It was only a matter of time. The fact remains that PS Plus as a service only does well now is because of its mandatory state for PS4 MP.

Why bother wasting resources for what have been lacklustre approaches for PS3 and Vita? They gave the likes of small indie titles, cross play titles and heck, they even had the balls to hand out PSP titles.

Despite what people here think, the profit pool leans massively into the PS4 userbase. It sucks they won't try to supplement the offerings, but honestly they don't have to. In all honesty I'm surprised it took them this long.

Hey lets all band together and unsub!!!.... Because even though those ps3/vita games arent great at least its 6 games vs. the coming only 2 games. With the plus price increased already and now this??! This is an outrage!! Lets unsub brothers and sisters!!!

I am not even sad about this, I think that this is more beneficial to have more funds for the two PS4 games. I'd prefer the quality over quantity. Not saying they should not support the Vita, but the PS3 has been supported for 12 years, which is longer than any console I have ever seen

Sucks to hear about them stopping PS3 and Vita games however it's some pros to cons for the decision

Pro:

My PS3 backlog will stop growing and I can start getting rid of games

Con:

No more "free" games

Side note: They should really decrease Plus price or add more ps4 targets since this is the main focus

While I'm disappointed (especially in the case of the Vita offerings), I honestly can't say it surprises me and have been expecting it for a while.  That said, my backlog is so large with past PS+ offerings (been in pretty much since word go) as well as my own purchases, I will have games for the long forseeable future to keep playing on all 3 platforms.