PS3 and Vita games to be removed from PS plus from March 2019

FreeSpark22

20 minutes ago, ahoyimzoe said:

Damn if it's PS4 and PSVR I'm going to be pissed, PSVR are really expensive here and I don't have the money to drop on a VR headset especially if a new console is on the horizon and I want to save for that. Luckily I bought a 15 month sub for 12 months worth last month so this is perfect timing, I can see if I want to renew in May 2019. 

If one of the games is VR then i will be pissed. VR has held no interest for me before or after its release, and is ridiculously overpriced aswell.

Edited by BEANO_BRFC
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

So for those that over subbed/bought early psplus for their accounts because at that time ps3/vita games are advertised. So now that they are removing them come march 2019 can we get refunds? Or is it completely legal for Sony to change the service during our presubbed cycle.

It's totally legal. Plus included PS1, PS2 and PSP titles, they changed the service, nobody complained.

Yeah, they're quite old now but I guess PS3 and Vita are still generating some sales. So they aren't going to lose access to PSN, respectively the PSN store, are they? As long as they have access to the store I can't see the point of this. Not that I cared about most of the games we got through PS+ but it was still a countervalue you received for the money you paid. If some countervalue is dropped it should either be replaced or the price of the subscription should be adjusted to match the reduced content. For me who owns all three systems this just means they're taking away 4 of the 6 games we received every month. Unless they're planning to completely cut those systems off from PSN in let's say March 2019, this just feels like a last ditch effort to create some more sales with those systems as they're on the way out.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover
  • Like 1

I wish Sony would just rethink PlayStation Plus entirely at this point. Spin off the multiplayer portion from the free games portion, offering multiplayer and occasional discounts for $25 year as “PlayStation Plus”. Offer the Instant Game Collection on another tier or separate service entirely, and include PS Now selections each month and the PS Plus Specials.

I’ve never downloaded the IGC offerings and I’ve been a paying member since the PS4 launch because I care about online multiplayer. Time for change in line with Nintendo’s upcoming Switch Online pricing model and all of Xbox LIVE’s games with gold (that I also don’t take advantage of) being playable on their current platform through backward compatibility.

• Like 1

wow the vita loss hurts pretty hard.

I love my vita for my ways to work and on holidays and I was very happy to feed her  all the ps+ nuggets I saved over the years before I got my vita. but my stock is running short. I like to play novels in the way but they are quite expensive. Sony didn't even try to bring more good stuff, maybe bc not everyone likes the vita, or maybe really to make us less angry about the vita loss on ps+ but the games were always way better than ps3 bullshit they throw at us.

I love my ps3 but the good games are standing in my shelf and if not ps+ wouldn't bring my wishes anyway so ps+ couldn't offer anything ps3 related anymore.

but my vita :(

23 minutes ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Yeah, they're quite old now but I guess PS3 and Vita are still generating some sales. So they aren't going to lose access to PSN, respectively the PSN store, are they? As long as they have access to the store I can't see the point of this. Not that I cared about most of the games we got through PS+ but it was still a countervalue you received for the money you paid. If some countervalue is dropped it should either be replaced or the price of the subscription should be adjusted to match the reduced content. For me who owns all three systems this just means they're taking away 4 of the 6 games we received every month. Unless they're planning to completely cut those systems off from PSN in let's say March 2019, this just feels like a last ditch effort to create some more sales with those systems as they're on the way out.

If they remove the Store on PS3 they'll do a favour to humanity (and even if they remove it there's still the Download List and the PC queue)

I figured PS plus games for old consoles would stop in 2017. I prepared myself for that lol. The fact that it didn't end in 2017 and isn't even in 2018 is kind of a bonus for me I guess.

At least they gave us a years notice. They could've just ended it this month if they wanted too.

Edited by KingGuy420

It didn't seem like the PS3 or Vita were getting very good games any more for the past 2 or so years now. At the same time though, I think it's a bit early for them to end free games with the Vita when it's still getting game releases; it's not as old, or as dead as the PS3 is yet. I still play my PS3 and Vita regularly, I don't see myself putting them down any time soon when I still have such large backlogs for them, so I just hope Sony continue to support cloud saves (for those copy protected save files, of which I have quite a lot), the store, and of course, being able to sync your trophies for several years to come.

The main thing that kinda ticks me off is how we're only going to be getting 2 PS Plus games a month now, especially after the price hike for PS Plus recently.

Only 2 PS4 titles... this especially hurts for someone like me mainly using PS+ for the free games and who doesn't really play any MP games on PS4... Still have a huge PS+ backlog and I only started using it at the start of last year...

31 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

At least they gave us a years notice. They could've just ended it this month if they wanted too.

I seriously doubt they would have taken that move, although they clearly want to get rid of everything old ASAP (specially anything related to the Vita embarrassment). The number of server and online shutdowns for older games, a trend that will surely be increasing in the near future, is also going in that direction. Since around June or July 2017 all PS Plus descriptions only mentioned the PS4 so this was already planned. However at least until January the legal terms of PSPlus on the GB site at least clearly mentioned the free monthly games for the PS3 and Vita. And they could be susceptible to serious lawsuits if they were actively selling yearly subscriptions for something they knew it was a lie. Since the DoS fiasco Sony lives scared shit of any lawsuits and potentially bad news (not that they need any help, they usually take those steps themselves).

So they had to clear all their mess before landing the axe on this. The legal terms that mentioned the PS3 and Vita have now disappeared...

I do think their only goal is to force people to abandon the PS3 and Vita towards the PS4.

2 minutes ago, cris3f said:

I seriously doubt they would have taken that move, although they clearly want to get rid of everything old ASAP (specially anything related to the Vita embarrassment). The number of server and online shutdowns for older games, a trend that will surely be increasing in the near future, is also going in that direction. Since around June or July 2017 all PS Plus descriptions only mentioned the PS4 so this was already planned. However at least until January the legal terms of PSPlus on the GB site at least clearly mentioned the free monthly games for the PS3 and Vita. And they could be susceptible to serious lawsuits if they were actively selling yearly subscriptions for something they knew it was a lie. Since the DoS fiasco Sony lives scared shit of any lawsuits and potentially bad news (not that they need any help, they usually take those steps themselves).

So they had to clear all their mess before landing the axe on this. The legal terms that mentioned the PS3 and Vita have now disappeared...

I do think their only goal is to force people to abandon the PS3 and Vita towards the PS4.

DC Universe sells yearly sub's and just recently shutdown the ps3 version with less than a months notice. There's some precedence for them being able to do it if they wanted.

11 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

DC Universe sells yearly sub's and just recently shutdown the ps3 version with less than a months notice. There's some precedence for them being able to do it if they wanted.

DC Universe is not a Sony product. It's its publisher's problem, not theirs.

6 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Yeah they can do it. But there may be way more people with pitchforks and clubs if the notice was abrupt. Sony is a much more bigger company and PSN service than an mmo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

If one of the games is VR then i will be pissed. VR has held no interest for me before or after its release, and is ridiculously overpriced aswell.

Yeah like, I work in tech and I personally think VR is cool. Totally not for everyone but I loved playing around with the Samsung Gear VR. Awesome piece of tech. But do I have $500-$600 NZD lying around to just drop on a PSVR setup? Hell no! Would I use it enough to justify the purchase even if it was 50% of that price? Nope. 

Gear VR is $199, less with my work discount. PSVR is still 3x that with my work discount. It just ain't worth it, and the titles for VR don't interest me enough to invest. I invest in PS because I love the PS-exclusive titles so much, and I invest in PS+ because I love Overwatch enough to want to pay to play.

If someone was like 'ohhey zoe wanna have this free psvr?' I'd be like HELL YEAH but like... I'm a bit miffed that I have to pay ~$100 a year to play my $100 multiplayer game (Overwatch) and so my boyfriend can occasionally play GT Sport. And then to have my playable games/games I will play in future cut down to 1/2 rather than having been 3/6 or something? Sony, ya killing me here!

Edited by ahoyimzoe
i can't math

18 minutes ago, El_Trophynador said:

It was going to be inevitable. Shame it affects the Vita tho. I spend more time on the Vita than i do the PS4.

It is a shame. They should taken this chance to have different PsPlus plans. With Basic plan = online play. A PS4 gaming plan. A PS3 plan and a Vita plan. ? But no, thats too great For the people.