PS3 and Vita games to be removed from PS plus from March 2019

FreeSpark22

I think "so what bullshit excuse are they going to tout out next time when they raise the price of PS+?"

I already know they won't be reducing the cost. Which in and of itself is bullshit with how ghetto PSN is all the time. But now we get faaaaar less content from it.

Edited by Elvick_

If anything, I see this decision as a solid indicator of PlayStation 5 being quite around the corner......

I do not mind the shift, so long as the 2 monthly PS4 titles we get are somewhat above the indie tier or, to put it more clearly, as close to a launch price tag of 59,99 as possible :lol:

• Like 2

Me personally, I'm kinda torn on this. On one hand, this puts a end to the PS3 and Vita's run on the IGC (which I highly believe has a TON of life left digitally) and Sony felt this would be the better move going forward. Reducing 6 games to 2 games every month is definitely a business move.

On the other hand: I drop $60 a year for the full PS+ Experience: 1GB of cloud storage, auto-backup, auto download updates (which doesn't happen anymore from my personal experience), nice discounts on the PSN store for Plus members, Flash Sale discounts, free PS3 games, free PS4 games, free Vita games. With that said, I feel that they're taking away from what plus has to offer and by doing so, Sony feels content with this move. I am bummed by the fact that there will be no more free PS3 games come March 2019, and with  them just offering 2 PS4 games, I feel that the value of Plus was cheapened a little bit. I think this is what they could do to offset the removal of PS3/Vita games from Plus:

-Reduce the price of Plus by $10

-Offer better discounts for Plus members (this could go either way like if you feel that the current discounts Plus members get are good, kool, if not, kool)

-Offer 1 more GB of cloud storage, bringing it to 2GB instead of 1GB

-Offer one day early access to Flash Sales before they go live for everyone else

-Offer a 3rd PS4 game

-Or permanently drop the prices of all the digital PS3/Vita games on the PSN

This is just my thoughts on the matter, just a little bummed about the removal. 

Edited by kidson2004
Forgot to add a 3rd PS4 game and added price drop
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

DC Universe is not a Sony product. It's its publisher's problem, not theirs.

Yeah, I don't know what that has to do with our conversation though lol. You said they couldn't because those people bought under the assumption they'd get free games for a year. I pointed out that the opposite recently happened with people under a similar assumption. Don't know what it not being a Sony product has to do with my point...

I'm just pointing out that there is precedent for this happening no matter the company.

Since they increased the price lately i dont wanna believe thats all. I cant see them reducing the amount of games and increasing the value.

My guess is: There will be a Pool of 4-5 Games every Month and every PS+ User will be able to choose 2 of them. Or: There will be something like a Voting-System so we cant blame Sony for their choices in the future. Would be a Smart move imo.

Just dont release the PS5 befor 2020 thx

• Like 1

Honestly,  we're gearing up towards a PS5, we might get it as soon as November next year if we're following rumours and analystics. It would be pretty logic of it to release by then too, BUT it might release in 2020.
PS3 & Vita gets shitty games each month, mostly they get some indie that will be cross buy with PS4. PS3 is beginning to die in terms of being sold, and lets not even pretend Vita is doing well (In the west, Japan has been taken by the Switch too btw)

We've been begging for Sony to get better PS+ games basically since November 2013 when the PS4 launched. Yet the first reply is:
"The fact that they will NOT be replacing this with additional content for the PS4 (so we will be going from 6 games a month to 2 games) is disgusting."

Its pretty obvious from this alone that they'll be better. Look at PS+ lineup before PS4 was released, I remember when I signed up and got like Saints Row 3, Remember Me, Mafia II, Spec Ops The Line, Borderlands 2 and TONS more of games for the PS3. Ofcourse they will higher the offerings, that feels pretty logic. And no doubt will they throw in an extra VR game sometimes, or a That's You as a bonus.

Honestly smh, we'll be getting fucking Bloodborne & Ratchet & Clank, and a bonus of 4 games the mainstream audience doesn't give a fuck for, and for two consoles that, frankly, the mainstream audience has left behind. And when Sony is nice enough, to warn about this change, A YEAR IN ADVANCE, ya'll get pissed on them for highering giving two games of higher quality... :P

• Like 1

So EA owns Sony now? They went up in price for subscriptions and now we are losing "Benefits". I'm sorry but this is whats driving people to PC. "oh but PS has good exclusives" have you looked at the 50,000+ exclusives on PC? I'm not one of those people that scream and cry that consoles are the Antichrist but dear god its getting harder and harder to own one with this BS.

15 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Haha, no, that's never going to happen. The March PS+ lineup is there to distract you from the fact that we'll be getting 4 less games per month in the future.

I like you. You have common sense. Thank you.

15 hours ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

You're a trophy hunter...

Playing Sony PlayStation games...

On a Sony PlayStation console(s)...

On a website that tracks Sony PlayStation trophies and people talk about Sony PlayStation news...

wtf lol

LMAO YOUR NAME IS POTENT DELUSIONS

giphy.gif

I'm a Playstation fan, not a Sony fanboy. I play playstation, I don't go around promoting Sony and sucking their dick about how fantastic their games are. Their consoles are good, their customer service and just about everything else is abysmal. The two are completely seperate from one another. Sorry you aren't able to decipher the difference between the two, brain box :)

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 4

Well, like other people said, it's pretty much a given that the PS5 is somewhere around the corner, and by March 2019 it will be almost certainly at least announced or, if not, heavily credible rumors will be abounding. I would expect Sony to include game giveaways for it for PS+ owners from the get go, so they are probably making room for this.

It is unrealistic to expect that they would keep PS3 and VITA giveaways and support with an ageing PS4 and the impeding arrival of the PS5. I know people love the VITA around here, I do too, but the Switch gave it its final blow (or its final kick while it was laying on the ground) and, frankly, PS+ giveaways for it are almost always passable or playable on the PS4.

They are giving it a year heads-up so people who buy the PS+ for these systems get their money's worth. Considering this is inevitable, they are handling it quite nicely IMO. However, I agree that timing is awkward taking into consideration the recent price increase, but this will probably be softened once the PS5 arrive with its PS+ benefits and giveaways.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

12 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Their consoles are good, their customer service and just about everything else is abysmal.

"Hello guys, you mislabeled this PSOne Classic as compatible with Vita but it doesn't work, please change the description..."

"... have you tried doing a System Restore on your PlayStation 4 system?"

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MarsipanRumpan said:

Honestly,  we're gearing up towards a PS5, we might get it as soon as November next year if we're following rumours and analystics. It would be pretty logic of it to release by then too, BUT it might release in 2020.
PS3 & Vita gets shitty games each month, mostly they get some indie that will be cross buy with PS4. PS3 is beginning to die in terms of being sold, and lets not even pretend Vita is doing well (In the west, Japan has been taken by the Switch too btw)

We've been begging for Sony to get better PS+ games basically since November 2013 when the PS4 launched. Yet the first reply is:
"The fact that they will NOT be replacing this with additional content for the PS4 (so we will be going from 6 games a month to 2 games) is disgusting."

Its pretty obvious from this alone that they'll be better. Look at PS+ lineup before PS4 was released, I remember when I signed up and got like Saints Row 3, Remember Me, Mafia II, Spec Ops The Line, Borderlands 2 and TONS more of games for the PS3. Ofcourse they will higher the offerings, that feels pretty logic. And no doubt will they throw in an extra VR game sometimes, or a That's You as a bonus.

Honestly smh, we'll be getting fucking Bloodborne & Ratchet & Clank, and a bonus of 4 games the mainstream audience doesn't give a fuck for, and for two consoles that, frankly, the mainstream audience has left behind. And when Sony is nice enough, to warn about this change, A YEAR IN ADVANCE, ya'll get pissed on them for highering giving two games of higher quality... :P

Too be fair I kind of follow what you're saying and actually agree with it for the most part ... but lets play devils advocate here for a minute shall we? :P

While you're right with this months lineup being substantially better than what we've gotten for a long time and that I believe a lot of people (if not most) would be okay with this change if Sony actually continued to deliver with games like these moving on ... the simple matter of fact is, most people (myself included) don't have any faith whatsoever in Sony actually delivering on this.

Why was this month great then? To make the message they'll be dropping vita and ps3 either slip under peoples radar completely or at least much better received. Simple.

Now why do we not believe Sony will do better moving on? Well I can't speak for anyone but myself of course but the way I see it ... Sony doesn't believe they have to.

You said it yourself. Back in the ps3 days when online was free the only selling point of plus was the discounts and the free games. So naturally both were substantially better than what we've been receiving for majority of the ps4 life span. Now that online play requires you to be a ps plus member this has suddenly become the major selling point for most people rather than the IGC lineup. 

Sadly, and I suppose this is more of a personal observation so take it with a grain of salt, I do honestly believe the biggest reason Sony won't change a thing is the fact that even till this day the PS4 still dominates the console market by a solid margin, which in my opinion has turned Sony kind of lazy. While you see can see their major competitors either delivering features requested by fans such as backwards compatibility or better deals from what I hear, Sony really doesn't seem to do a whole lot a the moment do they? 

I don't know. To be fair I might just be pessimistic and Sony might actually deliver everything we could have ever wished for. In which case I'll gladly eat my words :P 

But until then all I can say is Sony hasn't really given me a lot of reason to believe they care about their gamers as much as they'd like you to believe lately and this IGC lineup just feels like a gesture to make swallowing their bombshell "pill" easier ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I like you. You have common sense. Thank you.

I'm a Playstation fan, not a Sony fanboy. I play playstation, I don't go around promoting Sony and sucking their dick about how fantastic their games are. Their consoles are good, their customer service and just about everything else is abysmal. The two are completely seperate from one another. Sorry you aren't able to decipher the difference between the two, brain box :)

NP! Thanks to you as well :)

Hey!

Don't threaten me with a good time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Looks like Japan is already moving towards the model of fewer games, in March the PS+ games for Japan is down to just 3 games;

* Bloodborne (PS4)
* Bombing Busters (PS4 + Vita)
* GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES (PS4 + Vita)

I know they already had R&C but seems strange they wouldn't offer a different game (wild guess that garou is not consider aam2e level as r&c)

17 hours ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

NP! Thanks to you as well :)

Hey!

Don't threaten me with a good time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We all know you're trolling.

You changed your name from TurdFlingingApe to Trophy Mistress, to It Is Time To Oil Up.

Edited by Spaz