So what's the furthest you've gotten?

Ojama_Country

• 3 weeks later...

It's been quite a while since I've played this, but from what i recall, I've made it further than amy and every video I've found on youtube. If you head backwards from the start after you get the speed running & jump boost powerups, s a couple platforms you're able to reach, but ultimately when you make it over a wall or invisible barrier over there, you just fall to your death. Going right from the start, I remember windmill-type things and more enemies as well as spinning spikes and the spikes hidden behind bushes similar to how they do it at the very beginning of the game.

I've also spent a decent amount of time exploring the 3d maze level and saved a 15minute recording of it and posted to youtube. I managed to find an "exit" but it just ended up being an invisible barrier when i first saw it, i was SOOO happy but quickly realised i hit an invisibile barrier. I wanted to create a map of sorts for all possible areas in the maze but sadly never got to it. But if someone else would like to have a go at it, here's the link to the video

• Like 3

I think you did find the ending! I'm willing to bet your kill score has to be 3200 before you can exit, though. It looks like you need to slaughter a LOT of bad guys (and do so before time runs out) in order to reach 3200 points in kills, though.

On 22/03/2018 at 6:31 PM, leonaustin said:

It's been quite a while since I've played this, but from what i recall, I've made it further than amy and every video I've found on youtube. If you head backwards from the start after you get the speed running & jump boost powerups, s a couple platforms you're able to reach, but ultimately when you make it over a wall or invisible barrier over there, you just fall to your death. Going right from the start, I remember windmill-type things and more enemies as well as spinning spikes and the spikes hidden behind bushes similar to how they do it at the very beginning of the game.

I've also spent a decent amount of time exploring the 3d maze level and saved a 15minute recording of it and posted to youtube. I managed to find an "exit" but it just ended up being an invisible barrier when i first saw it, i was SOOO happy but quickly realised i hit an invisibile barrier. I wanted to create a map of sorts for all possible areas in the maze but sadly never got to it. But if someone else would like to have a go at it, here's the link to the video

What a crazy intense game, that beat is dope too!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, chrissonn said:

I think you did find the ending! I'm willing to bet your kill score has to be 3200 before you can exit, though. It looks like you need to slaughter a LOT of bad guys (and do so before time runs out) in order to reach 3200 points in kills, though.

That 3,200 you saw was just the exp needed for getting the next level for my character, as you saw i was level 2, and level 3 was at 3,200 points. I couldn't tell any difference between level 1 and level 2 when i achieved them.

EDIT: regarding the video, the reason why you see me quit the game and start the maze again from the start is because when you die and respawn at the beginning, the enemies don't despawn, they just go straight to your position in a huge group and swarm you. When you quit and start again, the enemies start fresh again as well.

Edited by leonaustin
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, leonaustin said:

That 3,200 you saw was just the exp needed for getting the next level for my character, as you saw i was level 2, and level 3 was at 3,200 points. I couldn't tell any difference between level 1 and level 2 when i achieved them.

EDIT: regarding the video, the reason why you see me quit the game and start the maze again from the start is because when you die and respawn at the beginning, the enemies don't despawn, they just go straight to your position in a huge group and swarm you. When you quit and start again, the enemies start fresh again as well.

Ah, got it. Darn...I wonder if there is an ending to the maze, after all, then.

• Like 1

Since the maze accessed from the main menu is labelled as a prototype, maybe there's an actual non-prototype version somewhere else in the game? I would suggest the loading screen maze, but you never have enough time there to get anywhere.

I wish someone could just datamine the game to see if it even HAS assets for other levels or not, but i guess datamining PS4 games is pretty tricky.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@leonaustin Try doing again the maze without buying any powerup. I suppose you used the bug that allows to buy infinite ammos/lives in the shop when you get more than 25 coins; but doing so can also lock trophies in my opinion (I recall there's something related to trophy locking in AZ1 too)

Edited by SevenStars94
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 4:01 PM, SevenStars94 said:

@leonaustin Try doing again the maze without buying any powerup. I suppose you used the bug that allows to buy infinite ammos/lives in the shop when you get more than 25 coins; but doing so can also lock trophies in my opinion (I recall there's something related to trophy locking in AZ1 too)

The Winner trophy in AZ1 probably gets locked by quitting to the main menu (which is 1 way of farming ammo/lives). There's a sign in the first level says something like "winners never quit". At least, I got the trophy the first time I beat level 1 without quitting.

The other 3 trophies in AZ1 I think are probably not locked by quitting. At least, I got Champion and Level Crusher using the quit method to farm ammo/lives. As for the last one, Robot Destroyer, I've had a playthrough where I beat it without ever quitting to the main menu and without losing a single life. That's really the only thing that could be a challenge without the quit farming, but it doesn't give the trophy.

So my progress is that I'm still working on the first game! ? 

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

The Winner trophy in AZ1 probably gets locked by quitting to the main menu (which is 1 way of farming ammo/lives). There's a sign in the first level says something like "winners never quit". At least, I got the trophy the first time I beat level 1 without quitting.

The other 3 trophies in AZ1 I think are probably not locked by quitting. At least, I got Champion and Level Crusher using the quit method to farm ammo/lives. As for the last one, Robot Destroyer, I've had a playthrough where I beat it without ever quitting to the main menu and without losing a single life. That's really the only thing that could be a challenge without the quit farming, but it doesn't give the trophy.

So my progress is that I'm still working on the first game! 1f633.png 

Man, i should buy AZ1 and give that a play, too. Maybe it'll give some kind of inspiration for how to get some of the trophies in AZ2...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/2/2018 at 1:41 AM, Gracewave said:

After playing the game a while, i'm stuck at 3 different places in the first level.

First of all, if you keep going right, you find some tall buildings that spawn enemies. Honestly, i haven't been focusing on this place, since getting there takes a lot of time and the enemy spawns in this game are so random it messes you up easily.

If you go left at the huge cliff, and keep going left, you find the super jump powerup. However, if you have the super jump there, you can manage to jump to the next platform after that and keep going. This leads to a platform hidden in a tree, but the jump from that platform to the next is pretty hard, and i'm not sure if it's even possible unless i'm missing something. I'm guessing that going left here would lead you somewhere above the building to the left of the start screen. I'm not sure what the powerup in that building does, by the way, other than apparently give you a tiny amount of ammo.

Finally, with the superjump, you can head upwards when you're on the platforms that lead to the super jump. You can wall jump between the two walls to keep climbing upwards, but the spikes on the walls make this VERY precise. I've managed to get past a couple of the spikes so far, but it requires perfect jumps.

Anyone managed to get to the end of any of these routes? I'm starting to feel like the game might be beatable SOMEHOW, as opposed to my initial theory that it was just impossible on purpose to mess with people.

I made a video about my progress today. Do you mean these tall building with enemies? (see video below)

There are multiple hidden platforms. I found 2 in the same tree you were talking about. You can access these platforms with the super jump when you walk to the left at the start. I've managed to grab the pickup in the building behind the tree with some jumps. It gave me 50 bullets, not helpful. I even jumped over the spikes on the left side of the map and you can fall off the end of level but you'll die when you reach the bottom of the level.

One other hidden platform is above the second spike (the one in the shade, I bonk my head against it in the video), you can get to other platforms with the sprint & jump power-ups.

One other hidden platform is behind a tree when you go to further into right path, just before you drop down into the towers area. Can't explain it better.

The areas with spikes are an indication that progressing further yield no reward so I guess the route with the spikes on the walls are a no-go zone.

EDIT3: you can access this area with the sprint power-up! Haven't explored it fully.

Btw I also mapped the maze in the video :o It is too ugly but I'll fix it once I know more.

w4IuMa9.png

I also viewed the first few seconds of the video frame by frame and it looks like the towers with enemies are the second to last obstacle! You can check yourself with the comma and period keys while the video is paused.

EDIT:

Video by H_of_P showing the pickup at the start.

EDIT2: I got past the enemy towers and jumped over 2 other pillars. My jump input got swallowed on the 3rd pillar and died. Soon I will conquer this forest level.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 2

Nice job on getting past the towers! I've been playing the game again myself lately, and i've been struggling to get past them. Instead i try to skip a good chunk of the level by doing a sprinting super jump off of the last platform in the area with the sprint power-up, but i usually end up accidentally landing on the spikes directly after the towers whenever i try it. I also spent a bunch of time walljumping up the spike walls in the super jump area, and while it definitely seems possible to get up there, it requires a LOT of extremely precise walljumps.

• Like 1

@Gracewave Yeah you are right. I was wrong thinking it was the second to last obstacle. It looks like the D icon on the background island is sort of an indication for your progress in the level.

Nice that you got back into the game :D now we can suffer together lol. I've also managed to get to that part a couple of times but those spike jumps on top are insane. I tried from wall to wall or jumping from the same wall to avoid them.. sometimes it works but you have to nail a couple in a row.

Also the spike on the left side of the left pillar is smaller. But you can't get to that side unless you can double jump. I have a feeling a double jump is in this game because the trailer of AZ2 shows it in a couple of frames.

Found a rather reliable strategy to not die in this level, the part where I died the most was the pillars after the enemy towers but I finally figured a good strat to pass these.

Other discoveries:

- You can clip though some walls and a tree with the sprint power-up. Nothing big yet in these secret areas.

- The shadow of secret platforms can be seen on the ground or on background props.

- Found some enemy spawners when you jump left from the spiked pillar. They just spawned in the air.. just like the first game.

Here is a video of my current progress.

• Like 1

Thanks for that video, i actually hadn't found the charge powerup, so that helps.

Anyway, with the walljumping section near the end(?) of the level being so tricky, i think i'll spend some time practicing the similar walljumping section at the start of the level. As far as i know, nobody has gotten to the top of that before. The gap you have to jump isn't quite as wide as the section in the later part of the level, though.

I also feel like there's something interesting in the area right after the pillars - there's a platform in the tree directly after that section, which you can jump off to reach a larger platform, which is beneath some REALLY fast spinny death balls. Judging by the shadows there's quite a few of them, too. Knowing the level design in this game, chances are they're circling a platform.

If there's a double jump powerup in the first level, then i think either of those two areas would be the best bet so far.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Has anyone recently tried to contact the troll dev for any helpful information or tips on this game? Now that people have progressed further perhaps he can give some info/riddle as to WHEN THE FUCKING LEVEL ENDS

I've tried mailing the dev before, but never got a reply. 

Yeah I've seen that hidden platform behind that tree too. Couldn't get any more out of it though.

I noticed a lot of fast spinning spikes around the map too. I think they are some kind of barrier but I'm not 100% sure. You can see some by going all the way up on the route to the superjump power-up. The sprint power-up is useful to make the walljumps easier. Jump to the right to land on 3 long platforms and beneath those platforms you can find lots of those fast spinning spikes.

For the maze: I mapped some more parts, just need to get through that part with tons of enemies to make progress.

Edit: I've reached the end of the map! But nothing is there! Will upload footage soon.

Edit2: Here is the footage. If someone has some ideas what to do next let me know :)

Edited by A1rPun

On 19/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, A1rPun said:

Yeah I've seen that hidden platform behind that tree too. Couldn't get any more out of it though.

I noticed a lot of fast spinning spikes around the map too. I think they are some kind of barrier but I'm not 100% sure. You can see some by going all the way up on the route to the superjump power-up. The sprint power-up is useful to make the walljumps easier. Jump to the right to land on 3 long platforms and beneath those platforms you can find lots of those fast spinning spikes.

For the maze: I mapped some more parts, just need to get through that part with tons of enemies to make progress.

Edit: I've reached the end of the map! But nothing is there! Will upload footage soon.

Edit2: Here is the footage. If someone has some ideas what to do next let me know :)

I went to the end of the level 3 years ago for around 50 + times, but never found the ¨D¨ letter to exit the level. There are some platforms at the end, after you jump down from the spike wall, but you cannot reach the further ones by simply jumping and I am 100% that the exit is on the last platform. Maybe will get back to it and we can help out each other to finish the first level.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DDjBoss6 said:

I went to the end of the level 3 years ago for around 50 + times, but never found the ¨D¨ letter to exit the level. There are some platforms at the end, after you jump down from the spike wall, but you cannot reach the further ones by simply jumping and I am 100% that the exit is on the last platform. Maybe will get back to it and we can help out each other to finish the first level.

I've reached that platform by bringing enemies to the top of the spike wall. There is another one of those platforms after that. Maybe you're right, it is the last thing we haven't seen.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 1

I agree that those final platforms are most likely to be where the exit is. I still feel like we're missing something though, those platforms are pretty much impossible to reach normally. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a double-jump powerup hidden on some platform high up in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 2