So what's the furthest you've gotten?

Ojama_Country

17 hours ago, A1rPun said:

I've reached that platform by bringing enemies to the top of the spike wall. There is another one of those platforms after that. Maybe you're right, it is the last thing we haven't seen.

We´re talking about the same Platform? At the end of the level after the walls. Anyway, I will go back to the game after a few years and see if I can help out with more progress.

You can go up in a wall in the centre of the map and once you clim to the TOP you´re in front of the UFO, but you can´t do anything here. I remember that I jumped to the left and you go back to the start of the map, and to the right you eventually find the run power - up.

I know we´re missing something, maybe you can go inside the UFO with some secret code with the dualshock? There are not more things to explore, apart from that platform which is unreachable.

Also, I figured out that you need to find a ¨D¨ symbol, because on the trailer you can see in other map that symbol floating around, so I guess is the exit. But anyway will try to go inside the UFO and see if we can work out to finish the first level, it´s been a few years.

Edited by DDjBoss6
  • Like 2

@DDjBoss6 Yeah we are talking about the same platforms for sure. There are like 5 of these platforms in a row with near-impossible jumps between them.

I'm glad you are joining the find again, make sure you enable invincibility this time around ;).

The UFO is kind of peculiar yes, hope you find something there. The D icon you saw in the trailer is definitely the D icon we need to find.

The hint message in the pre-game-maze says you need to find the "D" symbol to get the exit, and "you need every help you can find" which I though would be the enemies bringing you somewhere.

11 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

@DDjBoss6 Yeah we are talking about the same platforms for sure. There are like 5 of these platforms in a row with near-impossible jumps between them.

I'm glad you are joining the find again, make sure you enable invincibility this time around ;).

The UFO is kind of peculiar yes, hope you find something there. The D icon you saw in the trailer is definitely the D icon we need to find.

The hint message in the pre-game-maze says you need to find the "D" symbol to get the exit, and "you need every help you can find" which I though would be the enemies bringing you somewhere.

Yeah, definetly, that invencibility thing will help out!

1. We can bring enemies to the last part of the map? If so, how? Because we have dozen of spinning balls and they´re super stupid following you.

2. Before the infinite enemies spawn in the middle of the map, there are a lot of ball spikes in the air, it feels like they have something in the middle and 4-5 rounds of spikes around it, but never managed to go so up. Even jumping from the last wall with spikes.

• Like 1

@DDjBoss6 I decided to upload a video using the "bring an enemy" strategy. These are the platforms I thought you were talking about.

1. There is a hidden spawner on the left side of the spiked wall (with the small spikes). It's not too far out.

2. You can get to these by jumping all the way to the right at the UFO and land on 3 platforms.. go down from these platforms to see the fast spinning balls in a circle pattern. I've checked every piece of space beneath these platforms, they are not covering something.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

@DDjBoss6 I decided to upload a video using the "bring an enemy" strategy. These are the platforms I thought you were talking about.

1. There is a hidden spawner on the left side of the spiked wall (with the small spikes). It's not too far out.

2. You can get to these by jumping all the way to the right at the UFO and land on 3 platforms.. go down from these platforms to see the fast spinning balls in a circle pattern. I've checked every piece of space beneath these platforms, they are not covering something.

1. Could you show me or let me know exactly where? Will try some things with them tonight, never noticed that hidden spawn.

2. So there´s nothing there.... hm...I guess then it´s what I said, the unreachable plattforms you showed in the video. We need to get to the last one, I don´t know why, but I think the D icon is there, that´s why nearly ¨ impossible ¨ to get there.

Thanks dude!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DDjBoss6 said:

1. Could you show me or let me know exactly where? Will try some things with them tonight, never noticed that hidden spawn.

2. So there´s nothing there.... hm...I guess then it´s what I said, the unreachable plattforms you showed in the video. We need to get to the last one, I don´t know why, but I think the D icon is there, that´s why nearly ¨ impossible ¨ to get there.

Thanks dude!

1. I hope it is clear in the video. Can't explain it better in words. I'm sure you are able to identify the place where to video starts.

2. I'm not sure if I interpreted your initial finding correctly because there are more of these rapidly spinning spiky balls around the map but I'm sure I've explored every area with jumping left and right at the UFO.

That hidden enemy spawner certainly changes things. I can see how it's actually possible to bring enemies to jump off of now. Instead of jumping off them right at the top and holding right, have you tried getting several enemies to follow you back down to the other side of the spiked walls, towards the right edge of the level, and then bouncing off them from there? You can get quite a bit of height from enemies after all, so it might be enough to reach a platform if you can multiple enemies to follow you.

• Like 1

That is indeed a good strategy, pretty hard to pull off though but should be possible. You fall faster then they move so we need to abseil from the spiked wall. We can count the spikes and check which one we need to jump from.

Oh yeah just found out that the only anagram for the level name "indeed" is.....

DENIED

On 2/18/2020 at 7:30 PM, Gracewave said:

Well, you're French. Of course you'd be surprised at the idea of not surrendering at the first hint of difficulty.

Come on, seriously?!? Don't even feel like imagining what you could have written, had I been German...

Anyway, as it seems some people felt my post was rude or offensive (which it was not meant to be) I'll just develop the idea beneath. Anyone who feels like challenging himself has several "tougher than tough" games to consider, with really difficult trophy lists to complete: Super Meat Boy, Sine Mora, Downwell, Crypt of the Necrodancer, etc. These are tough but technically doable for highly skilled (& perseverant) gamers.

Attacking Zegeta 2 is different and as far as I can see, it's just a massive troll. Why otherwise isn't there a single player to have earned a single trophy the legit way? Why otherwise isn't there anyone to have actually finished the game? Why otherwise would the devs keep on letting their (rare) customers in the complete fog about trophy requirements? Can't see the fun in it. Nothing less, nothing more.

That being said, have a nice day/evening all and good luck in your attempt to conquer the seemingly unconquerable fortress :-)

• Like 2

Sure, Super Meat Boy is hard and all, but people have already seen everything there is to see in that game. Here there's a chance to discover something new, or at least find out whether or not there is more to the game to even discover.

Besides, people thought the first Attacking Zegeta was impossible too, until someone actually finished it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Actually managed to get to the platform we´ve talked about after bringing about 5 or 6 enemies to the top of the spike wall, but nothing.

There is one more platform in the absolutely last part of the level, so 2 more from our initial thought. Where the ground ends, I think that´s the last part. But haven´t found a way to get there.

Bringing 4 enemies with super jumps, and even the glitch jump that occurs sometimes, but nothing, so far unreachable for me.

Even bringing enemies to there going up the wall and after down and 15 minutes of frustation, to the last part of the map and jumping above them, but nothing. The platform is too high.

Will try more times to get to it and finish this troll level.

Thanks @A1rPun

Edited by DDjBoss6
  • Like 1

Man, this shit is wild. The level being straight up impossible to beat doesn't seem very likely in theory, since it does seem like all the dev's other games have been beatable, but the more time we spend on this, the more i start to wonder. I haven't been able to make any more progress myself, either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracewave said:

Man, this shit is wild. The level being straight up impossible to beat doesn't seem very likely in theory, since it does seem like all the dev's other games have been beatable, but the more time we spend on this, the more i start to wonder. I haven't been able to make any more progress myself, either.

I personally do have two theory´s:

1. We´re missing something, like the last platform I am working on, to find the D and exit this level. Or something elsewhere.

2. The game is unbeatable and unfinished, which won´t surprise me, to be honest.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This game is not unfinished. You cannot just publish a game that is unfinished in a gaming platform. 

What makes this game almost completely unnapproachable is how it is designed. The game is a huge riddle itself, plus the level designs are extremely hard. 

I have seen the trailer and I do think that the "first level" is not a level itself. The reason is because there is no time-limit on it. It could be a kind of a nexus. Also, I think that one level, shown at 0:26 on the trailer of the game takes place at the back of the island in which you see the "D" on the level. 

Taking into consideration my "Nexus" theory, I suggest to explore everything on the level, in order to find anything that could lead to a level. If you happen to explore every single place on the level and you do not find anything, I would try to search the "D" on the level.

Also, seeing the maze run posted on the other thread and the player being unable to exit it is most likely because you need to take the "D" on it and then exit the maze. 

Now, THIS is the real "Soulsborne" genre. 

• Like 1

Yeah, i've had the same theory about the first level being a nexus of sorts. But at this point i strongly doubt that, since it seems like the obnoxious platforms at the very end is the last place that people are having trouble getting to. I still think it's possible to beat the level, since part of me wants to believe that Sony has some kind of quality control (haha), but those jumps are downright brutal.

• Like 1

@er_campanario
The nexus theory is something. Only there for you to acquire pickups. The weird thing to me is that this is suppose to be the main game because the main menu has 3 options and the top one is BEGIN. and the maze is called a prototype which feels like a minigame like in AZ1 flappy bird where you could earn currency for the actual game.

There are a few D coins in the maze, I still think the discussed end of the maze is not the actual end but we need to keep it in mind that it's there. From what I've mapped we've only seen 1/3 of the map.

The actual D is white with a red border around is that's all I know.

I hope this game will reward our work and effort and is not an unfinished prototype.

Edit: PS: the denysoft website is down for a month now, it worked when I was doing research. Pretty strange.

Edited by A1rPun

• 1 month later...

So, has anyone made any progress? I certainly haven't. I want to keep hoping that there's some way to beat this, since we got pretty far, but i'm dead inside and hope seems increasingly futile.

However, interesting note about DenySoft website: it now has a message on it:

under_re-construction();
//coming_soon

Fingers crossed, maybe it'll come back and they'll announce Attacking Zegeta 3, lads.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2020 at 10:45 PM, er_campanario said:

This game is not unfinished. You cannot just publish a game that is unfinished in a gaming platform.

You never heard of steam? :awesome:

But honestly since this is a pretty big meme and it all seems 'fair' , they probably hided 'the D' in an atrocious location.

This game is a joke. Not a single trophy is achievable. I think Sony should punish developers unless they can provide a video how they get all these trophies. 
it is actually very easy to publish a mess and a set of trophies which have nothing to do with a real game. This behaviour should be punished. 

• Like 3

I agree, especially when it comes to games that require money. It's completely unfair to charge people for these games and have unattainable trophies. The developers have been trolling gamers since their original mobile game, but at least the first console game had the possibility of earning all of the trophies.

3 hours ago, vanslayder said:

This game is a joke. Not a single trophy is achievable. I think Sony should punish developers unless they can provide a video how they get all these trophies. 
it is actually very easy to publish a mess and a set of trophies which have nothing to do with a real game. This behaviour should be punished. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Sony must have SOME sort of criteria that must be met in order to release a game on PSN. One of the main reasons why i still have a LITTLE bit of hope that this game is beatable somehow is because i can't remember a lot of cases of published games being so broken that they're straight up impossible to finish. So it seems reasonable to assume that they require devs to somehow prove that their game is beatable, at the very least. Even the crappiest, most low-effort PSN games tend to at the very least be finished, functioning games.

Besides, if you COULD publish totally and obviously unfinished and unbeatable games, then Ratalaika would already have published 30 or so games that give you the plat on startup and then crash on the main menu.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gracewave said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Sony must have SOME sort of criteria that must be met in order to release a game on PSN. 

I don’t know. The YFT game The Unknown City is a broken mess, and I’m not sure it can be finished. When I played, a glitch occurred where I spawned on the final level with negative health, but I’ve heard that even without a glitch, you can’t beat the final boss, because a weapon progression system that was supposed to be implemented never was, so you can’t hurt him.

I think Sony probably does have said criteria, but it’s not always implemented.

• Like 1