Picking our own Milestones

9 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

or why we can't just go back to the old way?

Pretty sure the answer that Sly gave at one point was just "he liked it the current way". Which I get he runs the site but that's a ignorant shortsighted answer when no one asked for the change in the first place and the change barely affects him since he doesn't have that many trophies,  so wasn't affected like people like me where I lost half my milestones. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah, I only started caring at trophy 7000 so my earlier stuff is a mess. But now all these old games are appearing that I don't really care to show off.

I think the best solution (if it is possible) is to have a list that you can check off what you like. That way some people can show all the current milestones if they want OR if you are like me you can cherry pick from the list the ones you actually want to show off and get rid of things like 1337 or 25th platinum

Yeah, just make this a premium option to get more people to invest in this site. Win-win situation IMO.

• Like 2

The old way seems to have all the support of the community. ESPECIALLY when you look at those who it affects (higher trophy level accounts). Every 50 plats was much nicer. As it is now, thr milestones are so watered down with the intermediary games that I also don't care to "show off" or display.

At least giving us an option would be welcome.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Not sure what the old way was. I've been able to plan out my trophies a bit since doing it from day 1, but I can see why other people might be upset.

The old way was the site kept track of your milestones for certain things but once you got to a high enough count it erased the old milestones (like 10th platinum or 500th trophy) and just went to a more simplistic view (every 50 platinums and every 1000 trophies). It still kept all the ones like 1337 or fastest platinum but it was way cleaner.

Now there may be some people who like all the tiny milestones but that is why my idea of a check box system would be good. If you like all that stuff...fine. But if you would like a system that only tracks your higher milestones then that works as well.

It is just so cluttered once you get above 100 platinums.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I just check mine and liked how it looked (minus the 1337 one, don't care) but yeah when I looked at yours, I guess I didn't realize just how many stones there were, jeebus.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The old way was the site kept track of your milestones for certain things but once you got to a high enough count it erased the old milestones (like 10th platinum or 500th trophy) and just went to a more simplistic view (every 50 platinums and every 1000 trophies). It still kept all the ones like 1337 or fastest platinum but it was way cleaner.

Now there may be some people who like all the tiny milestones but that is why my idea of a check box system would be good. If you like all that stuff...fine. But if you would like a system that only tracks your higher milestones then that works as well.

Oh, OK. I got it.

EDIT: Looked at Roughdawg4's profile for some insight. I see what you mean. Still, don't expect to be that cluttered anytime soon. :P 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, daftprophet said:

I just check mine and liked how it looked (minus the 1337 one, don't care) but yeah when I looked at yours, I guess I didn't realize just how many stones there were, jeebus.

4 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Oh, OK. I got it.

EDIT: Looked at Roughdawg4's profile for some insight. I see what you mean. Still, don't expect to be that cluttered anytime soon. :P 

Yeah, it becomes unseemly :(

• Like 1

Still a fan of having a full page of all your milestones almost like the Large Trophy Cabinet and then just being able to feature up to like 20 milestones of your choice on the side of your profile page. Otherwise the ones on the side will just be defaulted like they are now. :dunno:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Still a fan of having a full page of all your milestones almost like the Large Trophy Cabinet and then just being able to feature up to like 20 milestones of your choice on the side of your profile page. Otherwise the ones on the side will just be defaulted like they are now. :dunno:

Lol Dirty@BlindMango Found this in your Trophy Cabinet!

4L2939f1.png

Harder Dick's Balls
Get all of Dick's Balls in the Block Party Dumpster without resetting the scene

YOU'VE BEEN EXPOSED MANGO!

7ILp.gif

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
  • Like 4

I wouldn't mind an option to toggle which milestones you want displayed, but I'd rather not have any of them removed or limit the number on display since it was a pain in the ass for me to set up most of them (including future ones I've already planned up to 5k trophies).

On the one hand I like the idea of giving us more choice when it comes to how our profile looks, but on the other hand, milestones are milestones. They don't stop being milestones when you hit a certain trophy count and they don't care about whether the trophy was random or planned ahead of time. If you think a milestone trophy has to earn its place somehow then I think you're putting too much meaning on the milestones. Your 225th platinum is just that and nothing more.

4 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

The old way seems to have all the support of the community. ESPECIALLY when you look at those who it affects (higher trophy level accounts). Every 50 plats was much nicer. As it is now, thr milestones are so watered down with the intermediary games that I also don't care to "show off" or display.

Is your issue with the new way that the milestones are too often or that it keeps showing the old milestones like 10th platinum, 500th trophy etc. I definitely prefer the way it laves the earlier milestones as they were. Just because your 110th platinum isn't significant, it doesn't mean your 10th platinum isn't any more.

1 minute ago, Afro_Gear said:

Hey all, I am sure it has been answered many times before but what is the meaning behind 1337 milestone? Sly Like that number or something? Cheers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mekktor said:

On the one hand I like the idea of giving us more choice when it comes to how our profile looks, but on the other hand, milestones are milestones. They don't stop being milestones when you hit a certain trophy count and they don't care about whether the trophy was random or planned ahead of time. If you think a milestone trophy has to earn its place somehow then I think you're putting too much meaning on the milestones. Your 225th platinum is just that and nothing more.

Is your issue with the new way that the milestones are too often or that it keeps showing the old milestones like 10th platinum, 500th trophy etc. I definitely prefer the way it laves the earlier milestones as they were. Just because your 110th platinum isn't significant, it doesn't mean your 10th platinum isn't any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

Yes but the site was set up one way so a lot of us earned our milestones based on that...and then it switched so now we have a bunch of random things on our page.

I mean why is the 10th a milestone and not 60? It is because once you hit 50 it stopped counting 10s and only counted 25. Then when you hit 100 it stopped counting 25 and only counted 50s. 

So to change it just because the site decided to have a "makeover" means our milestones are all out of whack. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

Yes but the site was set up one way so a lot of us earned our milestones based on that...and then it switched so now we have a bunch of random things on our page.

I mean why is the 10th a milestone and not 60? It is because once you hit 50 it stopped counting 10s and only counted 25. Then when you hit 100 it stopped counting 25 and only counted 50s. 

So to change it just because the site decided to have a "makeover" means our milestones are all out of whack. 

Oh yeah if your milestones changed because of a site update that's unfortunate. I thought the complaint was about milestones changing when you personally reach a certain milestone (which I'm not a fan of). Like when I hit 50 plats and it replaced 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th with the 25th. That's no good. Just because I have 50 platinums, that doesn't suddenly make the 25th platinum significant and all the others not. So how did it work before? Did it used to show your 60th, 70th plats etc. on your profile?

As for why 10th should be a milestone but not the 60th well that's just how it works isn't it? Going from 0 to 10 platinums is a greater achievement than going from 50 to 60. A baby's first step is a bigger achievement than his 17,822nd step. Someone not celebrating their 38th birthday doesn't mean that their 8th birthday stops being a significant milestone for them.

Anyway, I do agree that giving us the choice would be great. I was just adding my own thoughts on the thinking behind milestones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mekktor said:

Oh yeah if your milestones changed because of a site update that's unfortunate. I thought the complaint was about milestones changing when you personally reach a certain milestone (which I'm not a fan of). Like when I hit 50 plats and it replaced 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th with the 25th. That's no good. Just because I have 50 platinums, that doesn't suddenly make the 25th platinum significant and all the others not. So how did it work before? Did it used to show your 60th, 70th plats etc. on your profile?

As for why 10th should be a milestone but not the 60th well that's just how it works isn't it? Going from 0 to 10 platinums is a greater achievement than going from 50 to 60. A baby's first step is a bigger achievement than his 17,822nd step. Someone not celebrating their 38th birthday doesn't mean that their 8th birthday stops being a significant milestone for them.

Anyway, I do agree that giving us the choice would be great. I was just adding my own thoughts on the thinking behind milestones.

No, that is exactly how it worked before. It went 10 ,20, 40, 50....25,50, 75, 100...50, 100, 150, 200 etc

So yeah your earlier stuff disappeared but in the end you had a nice clean look to your milestones. And like you said after awhile 10 more platinums isn't really a milestone so to most of  us we were glad to see those early ones disappear. But if you are going to show 10 or 20 then you should show 60 or 80 as well. I mean that is how everything else in the world works. Your 70th birthday or 60th wedding anniversary are seen as huge milestones just like your 20th birthday or 10th wedding anniversary. 

But really in the end just give us the choice of which ones to see as everyone has different tastes on what they want shown. I don't think it can be too hard to program since we can already pick what is in our cabinets so why can't there just be a list of options for milestones and those ones show up. 

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

No, that is exactly how it worked before. It went 10 ,20, 40, 50....25,50, 75, 100...50, 100, 150, 200 etc

So yeah your earlier stuff disappeared but in the end you had a nice clean look to your milestones. And like you said after awhile 10 more platinums isn't really a milestone so to most of  us we were glad to see those early ones disappear. But if you are going to show 10 or 20 then you should show 60 or 80 as well. I mean that is how everything else in the world works. Your 70th birthday or 60th wedding anniversary are seen as huge milestones just like your 20th birthday or 10th wedding anniversary. 

But really in the end just give us the choice of which ones to see as everyone has different tastes on what they want shown. I don't think it can be too hard to program since we can already pick what is in our cabinets so why can't there just be a list of options for milestones and those ones show up. 

I don't agree with that. For me, a milestone is not something that changes later on. Just because you don't celebrate them as often later on that doesn't make the earlier ones become worth less. Anyway, aren't you against milestones changing oustide your control and having random trophies show up? That's exactly what happened when my 10th, 20th etc disappeared and my 25th showed up.

And yeah, choice is good.

(Hijacking for a second) While we're at it, fix the rarest trophies box too. It's pointless when the entire box is filled with just one rare game.

• Like 1

I made a topic about this last year. The old way wasn't great (losing milestones that would later be replaced by different milestones was stupid), but at least there were established rules that you could use to plan out milestones. Changing the system screwed over a lot of us. I knew platinum 25 was a "permanent" milestone (while 20 and 30 were temporary), so I purposely saved a game I wanted for #25. Now, I'm told platinum 20 and 30 are somehow more special. Why? Because somebody who wasn't me decided that those are the ones that should count now?

In retrospect, it probably should have been a consistent system from the beginning. Using temporary milestones was a mistake. Changing the system was also a mistake. In all fairness, we should just be given the option at this point to choose our own milestones, because they're one of the best features this site has to offer and they've lost a lot of meaning.

Another thing I'd like to point out: some of us like cleaner, simpler profiles. I use "games not at 100%" as my default PSNP page. Because of this, I generally only have three or four games on display, but my trophy milestones category is ridiculously long. I don't even want to imagine what it'll look like in a couple of years.

For me, I'd like to only display, say, every 1000 trophies and every 25 platinums. But I know not everybody would want that, so why not just give us some options?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3