Platinum trophies you gave up on

willmill97

Assassin's Creed II. Damn those bloody feather to hell, I almost got to half and then it just got too annoying, going somewhere to only discover you collected the feather.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, even if I didn't quite rage quit, not just yet. I tried doing Foxiest of the Hounds, twice, and the trophy didn't pop up. I've played the game over 20 times now, so i'll probably end up getting that trophy at some point, but for now, nah.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Stuck at 97% because of Trials

Super Street Fighter IV - Again Trials

Vanquish - Tactical Challenges are too insane

Persona 4 Arena - Dat Score Attack Mode.

Star Ocean 4 - Gave up before I even started, may attempt it once I'm finished with my current backlog

Dead or Alive 5 - Beat 100 characters in Survival mode on legend difficulty....yeah no thanks

Persona 4 Arena - Dat Score Attack Mode.

I understand your pain

Personally, I gave up on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. I beat the game without any alarms however I didn't get "Sleeps Over" trophy. I've tried several times repeat the first mission, but still the trophy did not pop up.

Personally, I gave up on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. I beat the game without any alarms however I didn't get "Sleeps Over" trophy. I've tried several times repeat the first mission, but still the trophy did not pop up.

I haven't completed even the story to any of the ones in HD collection, maybe I should sometime.

Edited by KillCount2121

• 7 years later...

on this name none but these are the games I gave up on and wont play again.

crypt of the necrodancer just couldn't get into it.

death track resurrection all I remember was this game was extremely bad but its been years since I played it 

pure missed out on server closure

nhl 13server closure 

that's all I can think of  for now :)

Quite a few, mostly because of painful online trophies.  Red Dead Redemption, 007 Legends, Quantum of Solace, Raging Blast 2, Ultimate Tenkaichi, Dead Island, Portal 2, Burnout Paradise... all games I finished most if not all of the SP stuff but gave up on the plat due to the online trophies.  These were also all before I was active or even a member in forums, which made it more difficult as I was at the mercy of either matchmaking or empty servers.

The God of War games I came close on all of them, usually was the challenge of the gods that kept me from the plat.  Never did try to go back to them again though, one of these days when I'm bored and feeling nostalgic I'll fire up the old PS3 and see if I can knockdown a few oldies.  Most are out of reach though now as anything from back then with online lists won't have active servers anymore

Edited by felatio_deltoro

204 games played, and i think never gave up a single plat trophy. 

The only ones i don't have are due to servers closure or unattainable trophies (Fifa Street, Wipeout HD, Black ops 2) 

The only ones i don't have yet are Crash 4 (but I will go back to the game for sure) and Hitman 3 (work in progress) 

I gave up on Yakuza 0 platinum because of the Climax Battles. Still, I may try again sometime in the future but not anytime soon since the constant failures I experienced in some of them (the one where your fighting style changes randomly, and the one in the sewers with Majima in particular) soured the game for me. The interesting thing is that I managed to learn mahjong and did pretty much everything else except for Climax Battles and Legend difficulty playthrough.

Also Ys VIII because despite me wanting to like the game and reading glowing reviews, I just can't find it in me to not get bored after playing for an hour each time I get back to it, and the prospect of having to play the game again on the hardest difficulty is not appealing at all. 

Oh, maybe one more: DmC (Devil May Cry), the one by Ninja Theory, though that's because I sold my physical copy years ago and am still waiting for a good price on the digital version to try and finish it even though I'm garbage at this type of game.

• 2 years later...

Have you ever run into a game(s) where the conditions to get the remaining trophies (75% list complete or above) were just not worth going through (multi-player, online, difficulty, trophy unlock requirements, missables where you'd have to replay entire game again) or you took a long pause and pushed through and got the platinum? 

For me:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - took multiple replays but got the platinum. 

Assassin's Creed Origins - took a two year break, got the last few trophies of platinum. 

Sifu - no way I'm going to beat the game with less than 5 deaths combined (even easy mode is a challenge) plus I'm not doing 40 something takedown variations. 

Dragon Quest Heroes 1/2 - those super bosses on both have me already saying no to both. 

Edited by avalon_sinclaire
  • Like 1

I've given up on a few over the years. The two that come to mind are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Mafia 3. I didn't wanna get gold in every mission on RDR 2 and nor did I wanna play online, and the glitches in Mafia 3 made going for the platinum way too frustrating.

Beyond FF13, I think I'm also giving up on Genshin Impact's Platinum.

The game isn't fun for me, and I'm not talking about the Gacha aspect, that doesn't bother me: I don't like the combat, it's boring, basically button mashing after getting all the buffs on one toon, and the Abyss trophies are a pain and will require so much time and commitment that I would rather play something else, and overall I just don't think it's worth my time anymore. I might occasionally play it, grab the occasional reward and such, but i'll most likely never platinum it due to the annoying spiral abyss requirement. I was playing once more a few months ago, but then I just realized that "I like the exploration, but abhor the combat". Too bad, moving on.