Platinum trophies you gave up on

willmill97

Dead Space 2 - Just need the'hard to the core' trophy (recently played until chapter 5 and died like an idiot and was like fuck this for a while)

ME3 - Arguably my top 3 fav game series but I cannot be bothered to finish the remaining trophies, I replayed the entire series on ps3 (previously done it on pc) in a month and platinum ME2 which is my fav game of the series. 

Tomb Raider - Loved the game and got all single player trophies and 100% completion but I am not a big fan of trophies that make you play online specially when they require over 30+ hours of play time.

Can't say i have ever given up on one as such, had a few taken away from me due to servers.

Dirt 2

Ghostbusters

Fifa 11

Tiger Woods 10

Never started out after platinums so have a lot of old low % i want to go back to as long as online servers are still up - here's to hoping!!

A couple of games I have given up on getting the plat are Battlefield: Bad Company and MW2.

BFBC for the idiotic wildcard, patch requirements and 10,002 kills, MW2 just has horrible lag and can't seem to find anyone for Spec Ops that doesn't endure the relentless lag.

Sucks because MW2 is a great game and I wish I could finally see it at 100%.

Far Cry 2, there's nothing that would make me spend up to 1000 hours online just for a platinum.

Resistance 2, same deal as FC2. Online trophies. Plus the community is practically moribund now, making it nigh on impossible.

Final Fantasy XIII, try as I might, I cannot like the game (despite loving FFIV - IX and enjoying most of the series).

Metal Gear Solid 4, I actually unlocked all 40 emblems back in 2008. No way in hell am I doing a Big Boss run again. No siree. I still have nightmares about Act 3.

Edited by Jon_Bright

same topic different wording. : https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/5644-the-platinum-trophy-that-you-just-couldnt-get/?hl=%2Bgave+%2Bup+%2Bon#entry96103

This topic is older if you look at the first posts of each though so shouldn't you have posted that in the other thread?

Not trying to sound rude just figured I'd point that out.

Anyway I guess I gave up on Ghostbusters with it being impossible now but I'll still play it when I have some spare time after I achieve a few goals I have set.

umm, yes I did. posted in both to bring them together in hopes that either da OPs would make da decision on who's gonna close or make it easier for da modes to take notice.

Edited by BDKSimba

I haven't given up DEFINITELY on any platinum yet, but there are some of them which seem unlikely to happen lol

Wipeout HD, Uncharted 2 and 3 (Insane amount of time needed!) and GTAIV, but If I get the chance, I'll get them :)

Dead Space 2 - Just need the'hard to the core' trophy (recently played until chapter 5 and died like an idiot and was like fuck this for a while)

ME3 - Arguably my top 3 fav game series but I cannot be bothered to finish the remaining trophies, I replayed the entire series on ps3 (previously done it on pc) in a month and platinum ME2 which is my fav game of the series. 

Tomb Raider - Loved the game and got all single player trophies and 100% completion but I am not a big fan of trophies that make you play online specially when they require over 30+ hours of play time.

Hard to the Core trophy isn't that hard to get if you're extra careful & know your surroundings.

Contact Beam & Force Gun are a must in Hardcore mode.

• 5 weeks later...

White Knight Chronicles.

I would have to say the same and the fact that both of the games server are closing next month which doesnt help either. 

CoD MW3 i have no urge to go back and play that game at all. 

I was going to give up on Transformers War of Cybertron but i want to get back to it and fight those damn MP trophies. 

Blazblue series, Street fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Persona 4 Arena, Mortal Kombat for the obvious reasons of score attack, missions, online and hours.

Another is DJ Max Technika Tune, The S+ on Club Mixing is to difficult to me since I have never been exposed to the arcade version.

Little Deviants due to the glitched trophy Honor Upheld, and Dead or alive 5 and 5+. Online trophies and beating all modes and difficulties and the infamous akira 1 frame H move.

Dead Space 2 fucking impossible difficulty the only trophy left. I'm all for beating games on the hardest settings but only giving me 3 saves for a whole playthrough thats just fucking insane.

Edited by breathnac
  • Like 1

star ocean the last hope international. i might have gone for it at some point, but about 1 1/2 years ago my ps3 got stolen, and with it was my star ocean 4 save i had alot of time invested in it (6-winged ethereal queen defeated to give you an idea of how much time was involved). this was before i had ps+, so the save was lost forever, and with it my motivation to try for the platinum.