Platinum trophies you gave up on

willmill97

Max Payne 3 - I had every intent on going for the platinum, but suddenly all my motivation disappeared

Arkham Asylum, GOW 3, and Force Unleashed 2 - The only thing keeping me from getting these plats was the challenge rooms in each game. I can not complete challenge rooms in games to save my life, don't know why

Dead Space 2 - I am a very patient person, but after making it as far as chapter 7 over ten times and then dying and getting sent all the way back, my patience for this game was at its end :angry: 

Skyrim - So I put hundreds of hours into this game, and then what happens? My save file gets corrupted! Fuck you too Skyrim :shakefist:  I'm still too angry to go back to it, maybe some day    

Hard to the Core trophy isn't that hard to get if you're extra careful & know your surroundings.

Contact Beam & Force Gun are a must in Hardcore mode.

I'm going to attempt to run though hardcore mode in a couple of days.Any other tips I should know?  Also which savepoint did you use? I have an idea where but would like to gain some insight.

Edited by chaosphere187

DCUO and Free Realms because they need a sub, Wipeout HD because I suck at it, Shift 2 because king of the hill is practicaly impossible, GT5 because I don't have nerves for the Vettel challenges with a controller and RE5 because it got boring, I might get back on it again but it bored the crap out of me by the end...

• Like 1

I'm going to attempt to run though hardcore mode in a couple of days.Any other tips I should know?  Also which savepoint did you use? I have an idea where but would like to gain some insight.

Upgrade your RIG and Stasis first.

Any Contact Beam and Force Gun ammo you find save them in your storage (it's better than spending 1,000 credits for them)

Pulse Rifle & Plasma Cutter ammo is cheap so buy as many as you can (whatever you can't put in your inventory,put them in the safe)

When you find Med or Large Med packs,put them in the safe (you're going to need them in Chapters 11-15)

Find a RIG that increases Med Pack effectiveness

The 3 saves spots you should use:

The first save should be in Chapters 3,4,or 5

The 2nd save should be in Chapters,7,8,9,or 10

The Final save should be in Chapters 11,12,13,14,or 15

But it really matters on which chapter you're having a hard time with.

Hope this helps you out :)

Edited by wolverinefangirl

well i had many games

1- killzone 2, online trophies is not my best friends.

2- Nier, due to the F****** legendary flower >_<

3- DW7, just grow tired of doing the same thing over and over, and not only that, i had to do it all over again on story mode and conquest at even harder difficulty.

4- GT5, i actually got this game just to plays it and had fun with it without caring about the trophies + those special event races and the B spec races is really annoying!

5- MGS4, big boss emblem is just a pain in the behind chore! :shakefist: beat the game at big boss extreme + no death + 0 alarm + not killing a single enemy + no item use + no special item use + fastest time as possible which 3 or 4 hour as possible, and i thought ninja gaiden sigma at hard mode was so difficult.

the funny thing is that you don't need the big boss emblem, it's just that two trophies are involve with it " sound of the battlefield " and " i am the weapon master " or something. 

• 3 weeks later...

FEAR 2 - Mainly because I can't be arsed with multiplayer trophy grind, and barely any players online.

Red Faction Guerrilla - Again MP grind, takes forever to get a match started and usually only one mode has players.

Bad Company - Once again MP grind and few players.

Killzone 2 - Same as the ones above...

Battlefield 3 - Only enjoy one of the MP modes, and thus can't be bothered grinding it. The SP being glitchy beyond belief, I don't even want to see how the co-op campaign would be like.

Prototype - grinding over 53k kills is something I would only do, if I had no other games in my backlog.

Far Cry 2 - Too many glitched trophies, too many collectibles and MP that takes too long to get a match going.

Catherine - Babel mode somewhat based on luck and don't enjoy the game enough to play through it more than once.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

White Knight Chronicles - Servers shutting down and I know that I won't get anywhere near platinum in time.

Mercenaries 2 - I may actually go back to this one but the HVT are putting me off, it's almost impossible to keepthem alive and is all based on luck, whether or not the soldiers will kill them, because I certainly won't haha :(

GTA IV - Online, AWP, Fly the Co-op, haven't tried that much so maybe I'll go back to it soon.

LittleBigPlanet - Can't be arsed to try and Ace every level, some of the levels makes me want to kill myself.

Final Fantasy XIII - I may come back to this one but since you need a good grasp on the battle controls I'd probably need to start from the beginning again, as I've most likely forgotten how it all works haha.

Max Payne 3.It was impossible for me not to die in a single playthrough and do it in one sitting.I think that the devs overdid it there,let alone the broken servers.Since rockstar's multiplayer sucks for so many people,I wonder why they keep putting in hard mp trophies.

Arkham City.Just from pure boredom.Couldn't bother with the Riddle's challenges.

ImmortalPaladins.png

I'm very close to giving up on the Shadow of the Colossus plat. Hard Time Attack on Colossus #3 (and #15 which I havent done yet either) is just downright unfair. This is the only game I can think of that I've given up on because of difficulty. Other than that I gave up on GTA IV awhile ago. Level 10 trophy and win in all variations and a few others aren't difficult, they're just way too time consuming.