Platinum trophies you gave up on

willmill97

I'm going to have to say Grand Theft Auto IV.

I've never ever completed a GTA game before, and while I came close to finishing this one's story, that was well before it got updated with trophies.

Toss in the fact I've been overseas in third world countries with terribad internet for several years, and I just don't ever see me doing everything I originally did over again as well as trying to acquire multiplayer trophies.

Same here. I got to the last wave in the last challenge, but the 2 bogeys were just beyond my gaming skills. It was so hard to even get to them, so that once I did I felt intense pressure to finish it off.

I guess in a way it was kind of a blessing, because I came to realize that I won't be able to plat every game I play. That took me awhile to accept.

I've got a friend that came to this exact conclusion with Vanquish, and he was never one to give up on a game.

Him doing so let me know that those challenges are truly difficult. It also kind of made me want to give it a go to try and one-up him, if I can manage the :platinum:   :lol:

Spec Ops:The Line, because that final difficulty is a real pain at points, since you can't get shot more than twice and there are no healing items left around to put it back up. I may go back and try again, seeing as how it's the only trophy I need for it before the plat.

I also wanted to get the BF3 plat for a little while when playing it, but only having the base game from plus means I'm playing an incredibly small amount of maps and by 38 I was increadably bored with the multiplayer. I just need to get a few for the campaign, hit 45 in the multiplayer, and get almost all of the co-op trophies sans beating it once. Also, the way they did "BUY ALL THE DLC TO GET MORE GUNS! OH YOU CAN SKIP ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME AND GETTING GOOD BY BUYING THESE SKIP CODES" annoys me, especially after Dice said they didn't want to charge for map pack.

Go back dude, It's absolutely worth it in my opinion to beat Spec Ops on FUBAR. Seeing that picture for the platinum gives me such a sense of pride

Oh man where to start Lol

Wipeout HD and 2048. Freaking impossible to finish the campaign due to the high speeds. I'm just not very good at Wipeout :unsure:

CoD BO2 - One of the trophies requires you to be at the certain top 5 or something in MP tournaments. Just not worth it

CoD BOD on Vita - The game is ridiculously difficult and annoying and a lot of the trophies are lucked based. Hate that

Killzone 2 - MP trophies are just too difficult. I did not find the campaign enjoyable and I liked KZ3 better

Dishonored - that trophy that requires you to be stealthy throughout the ENTIRE game. I suck at stealth and I found the game to be boring as hell.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on Vita - I'm not good at pulling combos (the timing has to be so precise when inputting the moves for combos, it pisses me off) I don't even know why I got it for Vita seeing as how I would have had a much better chance on the PS3 version with an arcade stick

And Modnation Racers Roadtrip on Vita - One of the trophies requires people to download and rate your creations. Dont got time for dat

Edited by t3hmadgamr

I've got a friend that came to this exact conclusion with Vanquish, and he was never one to give up on a game.

Him doing so let me know that those challenges are truly difficult. It also kind of made me want to give it a go to try and one-up him, if I can manage the :platinum:   :lol:

Lol well, if you DO decide to give it a go I wish you luck friend. Don't let the challenges intimidate you though, it really is a great game otherwise. And all of the other trophies are easy...it's just a few challenges that are tough (with the last one being the really tough one).

MVC3

UMVC3

All I have left are challenges, but I realy don't dig Capcom games like I used to. MVC3 and UMVC3 also seem cheap and rushed. I'm not sure I want to devote so much time to their challenges. I may change my mind in time.

MK V DC

Same deal as above. Platnuming MK2009 and MK Vita is infinitely more entertaining than MK V DC, imo.

Starhawk

Need all the wins, but the community is all but dead, and they went and patched the game where you need a minimum of 4 players to start an online match. What used to be an easy plat to boost is now time consuming and restrictive, just annoying. Another game I may go back to in time.

Ghostbusters the Game / Def Jam Rapstar

Love it, I mean LOVE IT when a company kills all online srevers without a single warning to the community. Or better yet, when the servers were killed without warning, less than a year after release and before you even bought the game!! Online only trophies should be criminal unless Sony is controlling the servers.

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 1

There are a few I've put aside and promised myself I would go back to and a few I just said screw it to, most notable Final Fantasy XIII I know a lot of people really liked it but I hated it, got through the stroy to see how it played out but could not justify the grinding for everything else.

Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Wanted to get my First Assassin's Creed Platinum, but one of the trophies glitched, and to fix it I had to start over again, and delete the patches, so I was like ... Ain't nobody got time fo dat :P

Lol, same thing happened to me, but in Brotherhood  xD  I will try again without a doubt   ^_^

I guess Fear 2, no one played ranked matches for multiplayer. I might give up on Fallout 3 too  <_<  Too much work!  :angry:

• Like 1

There are a few I've put aside and promised myself I would go back to and a few I just said screw it to, most notable Final Fantasy XIII I know a lot of people really liked it but I hated it, got through the stroy to see how it played out but could not justify the grinding for everything else.

To be honest, I didn't really like FFXIII that much at first either. I went and maxed all the characters and realized I locked myself out of the treasure hunter trophy so I quit playing it for about a year and a half. One day I was just looking at the games on my shelf, saw it, picked it up and started from scratch. Finally got the plat about 2 months ago or so but I actually enjoyed playing it again when I started from the beginning. It felt refreshing to finally get that game out of my backlog.

I gave up on Vanquish a while ago. I might go back, but that last damn tactical challenge is so annoying.

You should go back for it :D 

Amazing game and the tactical challenges were so much fun to do. 

I took a two month break from it came back and did the rest in like 4 days. 

If you do go back to it good luck :) 

GT5, got 86% on my trophy list but the last few are just way too damn hard for me.

Also Wipeout HD, how freaking hard is that game, really started to hate it before I gave up.

Dead Nation is one I go back too now and then , don't think I will ever complete it though.

Lastly Space Invaders Infinity, why the hell did I buy that game ? Haven't even managed 1 trophy in the 15 mins I played before getting completely bored of it.

I blame Sony for Dean Nation and Wipeout for being hacked and giving them too me for free, never would have had them on my trophy list otherwise.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Battlefield 3.

As much as i love this two games getting a platinum on any of these two is nearly impossible for me because of the VR Missions and because i suck at parrying...and as for BF3 my mic is broken and i don't really see a point in getting another one. 

Vanquish at 91%, Challenges are too hard for the boy. And sure Lost Platinum 2.

Same here man. The tactical challenger trophy is the only one I'm missing for that platinum. I also gave up on Metal Gear Rising and Ninja Gaiden Sigma+.