Platinum trophies you gave up on

willmill97

Star Ocean The Last Departure - Seeing i needed just about 30 000 monster killed for two character was a quick motivation killer.

GTA 4 - Ain't going to even try hunting 200 birds.

White Knight Chronicles 2 - Started playing too late in and server were already closed so all was left was a boring grind.

Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption - Not fond of online trophies to begin with.

Binary Domain - Yet another game with ridiculous online trophies, and pretty much noone to play with.

Vanquish - Curse that damn tactical challenge !

I would have to say Heavy Rain. Yeah, I know it is easy for some but those OTE were the death of me. Maybe one day I will go back to it but not right now lol.

my sister laughs at me for giving up on Heavy Rain.  i have 35 platinums, she has 2.  i trekked across the wasteland for Fallout 3, battled hordes of nigh-invulnerable Helghast for KZ2, and flung Chell through time and space for Portal 2, but Heavy Rain's Bear Trial defeated me.  LOL

others i gave up on:

BF Bad Company - glitched badges

Crysis 2 - glitched Dedicated trophy and online sucked anyway

Dead Space - did everything but Hard, really don't care

BF3 - gave up on coop trophies

Batman AA & AC - didn't bother with the challenges

Just Cause 2 - i have a life

MGS4 - 4 years ago, maybe

Edited by StarvedSanity

The list may increase but as for now:

1. Catherine ( My tiny brain can't just solve those Hard difficulty puzzles)

2. Super Street Fighter IV (Trials, just impossible, and overall, not fun)

3. FFXIII (I just started it, but I am too old for Treasure Hunter... I'll give it a try though)

Gave up on Dungeon Defenders at 81%.

Everyone in that game is very self interested.  They quit halfway when they get what they came for or boot players even though they help the cause because they think it's more difficult with more players.  I couldn't get all the Insane Challenges done or find all the collectible pets types.

Twisted metal: I lost my save file and by that I lost warthog "unlocks after beating the game on the most frustrating difficulty with all gold medals" and I can't get an online trophy without that vehicle. I don't feel like getting frustrated at the mean while.

Army of two: the 40th day... Simply cuz the website for the game is shutdown and you can't get DIY PMC trophy

Edited by LPD-Jugulum

1. FIFA South Africa 2010: I hate football games and the online servers are already offline so platinum = dead

2. Lost Planet 2: I don't want to try the same training level for 50+ hours to get a world record.

3. Homefront: I would have boosted it but the game was so full of bugs and glitches that i didn't want to force myself and the servers are offline.

4. Inversion: The multiplayer is played by maximum 5 people in a week and to get platinum you have to boost 200-400+ hours.

I gave up on Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, specifically Sand Nemesis, a trophy from that game. You're supposed to kill 50 enemies in a row without being hit, and also without any upgrade. Actually it's supposed to be fairly simple, as nearly 45% percent of tracked owners on PSNProfiles have it, which makes it all the more frustrating to me because I just can't seem to get it. I'm on 97% currently and I only have to clear Sand Nemesis and another trophy to get platinum, though after numerous unsuccessful playthroughs I had a gigantic rage-quit a good year ago and haven't touched it since.