I've contacted EA

Asentiff

2 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Maybe worth making a save cloud when at level 49 before attempting the trophy?

Doubt I'll make it there. I still haven't gotten level 25 yet ?

I got every trophy but the two for levelling up so far, I just made it to level 25 with no trophy so I'm gonna hit 26 tomorrow after work and see if it pops 

Also isn't this online so it shouldn't be on a save, I think it's attached to the profile.... At least from what I think.

Edited by NutellaOrgies

10 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Also isn't this online so it shouldn't be on a save, I think it's attached to the profile.... At least from what I think.

Ouch, it’s really the Russian roulette so far... You get lucky. Or not ?

EA definitely made itself a lot of friends on this one...

PS - live your profile picture, makes me feel like having some Nutella... ?

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1

Yup didn't work for me either... LMFAO this is passed the point now of even fucking redic.

DIce and EA... ultimate trash companies and they both have sealed their fate with me... and they STILL cant get this bullshit resolved..

Asentiff.png

Edited by Asentiff

This is the last trophy for me to platinum. I didn't played for a long time, but I hope they will fix it somehow.

We need to report them to Sony/Microsoft (I'm assuming this achievement is also not working on Xbox?), not only EA.

They don't care about their users, but making platinum unobtainable because of bug is just ridicoulous...

I remember when The Surge had problem with one trophy. Deck was very supportive via Twitter and were saying they are going to fix it.

The trophy is fixed right now and all I can say is that's how you communicate with your fanbase.

• Like 1

Only found out about this issue because of the forum thread showing up in recent posts. It's really crappy that they've bugged out the trophy. I had played back at release until I got bored and had sworn I would come back later. Looks like I won't be touching this game any time in the immediate future unless they get a fix for it. I'm not a super die hard, but I had originally got this because of the campaign which I found pretty good imho. I'm with the majority now that I won't be touching a 3rd installment, if they get that far. ?

• Like 1

Just to let anyone and everyone know

the 1.08 patch DOES NOT FIX THE RANK 50 TROPHY GLITCH

its basically rubber banded the dodge button thus breaking it

and reintroducing the microtransaction system.. as far as I could tell loot crates were taken away...

Asentiff.png

Edited by Asentiff

35 minutes ago, Asentiff said:

Just to let anyone and everyone know

the 1.08 patch DOES NOT FIX THE RANK 50 TROPHY GLITCH

its basically rubber banded the dodge button thus breaking it

and reintroducing the microtransaction system.. as far as I could tell loot crates were taken away...

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-24602-Star-Wars-Battlefront-2-s-Progression-Changes-Now-Live--All-Heroes-Unlocked.html

13 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Should  i pick this up    its rank fixed. Plat unobtainable or not. 

In theory the Plat is unobtainable as the level 50 trophy is still glitched however, some people have managed to unlock it since the earlier patch. Nobody really knows how it unlocked if it’s random per person or they have continued to play way past the xp required for level 50.

i just wanna say for all of the people in this thread to FUCKING CHILL.

i know this is a huge disaster for a big company like EA but also for an AAA game that's been released for around 6 months.

i know y'all hate EA for not supporting their games.

but let's get back to the roots and take a history lesson for a min shall we?

"Catch the bad moment" in Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3) (2008) went unobtainable in 2013 and got back obtainable in 2015. Thanks to EA.

"I am Bad Company!" was also unobtainable because some of the awards were bugged and they fixed it in 2009.

so while you're at it. EA sometimes lets unobtainable trophies stay (sadly thats the case for NFS: The Run) but they most likely don't most of the times.

i just wanna say that there's no way EA/DICE are gonna let these 2 trophies marked as unobtainables for an AAA game that's been around only for 6 months.

SO PLEASE CHILL YOUR ASSES AND PLAY ANOTHER GAME WHILE YOU'RE AT IT. (im not being rude but seriously saying how EA is rubbish because of a damn trophy is pointless and will not fix the trophy by any means).

i know. i hate EA too when it comes to over-priced DLCs and the existence of microtransactions in their games. 

but chill. like posting alot of shit saying how EA is trash won't fix anything. if you really wanna do make a difference and speak up at least then go to the forum for the problem y'all are having. Link for the forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rank-50-Trophy-not-awarded/td-p/6644319

and for those who may question me as an "EA fanboy". yes i love most of their games. but i don't think they're flawless. not at all actually. 

and now that i say it. Battlefield: Bad Company. probably the oldest trophy list for an online game (2008) published by EA is still from this day obtainable to plat. it went unobtainable and they got it back.

all you can really do now is pray EA to fix the damn 2 trophies and keep tweeting/contacting EA/spamming posts in the issue's thread in the forums.

i my self am disappointed to see this happening and im almost gonna get a PS4 and this was one of the games i wanted to get just right when i get me a PS4.

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 2

EA is shit, everyone knows that and it's not EA who issues fixes for their games, pretty sure it was DICE who fixed the trophies for BFBC
The less of an influence EA has on developers the better the game is, look at NFS Payback, it came out lacking features and grindy as all hell but after like a month EA had to deal with Battlefront 2 problems and let Ghost do whatever they want with the game...fast forward to today, the game received several updates which improved upon base game, it's less grindy, it performs better, it has more content (a lot of it free), it's "lootcrates" are unnecessary and you get them in such high numbers that you never have to buy one for actual money and they are actually listening to the community (they added a bunch of things community requested)

The point of this is, just wait, they had a huge backlash for the microtransactions thing and had to change everything, they won't risk another backlash cause Disney is threatening them with taking away SW licence, so they'll do everything to make people happy
...and also EA games USUALLY get fixed (there are exceptions ofc)

• Like 2

Calm your rage people. This shit probably has nothing to do with EA. I doubt they give orders to DICE like "Fuck up their Platinums guys it'll be lots of fun" or don't give DICE workhours to fix this bug. The problem here is DICE. They definetly have resources to make this small fix but they definetly don't care about it. This is no publisher fault, many gamestudios dont take trophies or achievements seriously. That's just the fact. And I imagine amount of work going on in DICE studio with all new content for bf2 they simply dont have time for trophies.

Edited by Greidis
  • Like 3

Would it help to contact Dice on Twitter or reddit? Some of the devs seem fairly responsive. They might not deal with trophies but they could probably relay it back to someone who does. I understand the frustration but I have to side with Greidis, it’s more likely Dice fucking something up after a patch.

44 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Would it help to contact Dice on Twitter or reddit? Some of the devs seem fairly responsive. They might not deal with trophies but they could probably relay it back to someone who does. I understand the frustration but I have to side with Greidis, it’s more likely Dice fucking something up after a patch.

It wouldn’t hurt to try anyways ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, Greidis said:

Calm your rage people. This shit probably has nothing to do with EA. I doubt they give orders to DICE like "Fuck up their Platinums guys it'll be lots of fun" or don't give DICE workhours to fix this bug. The problem here is DICE. They definetly have resources to make this small fix but they definetly don't care about it. This is no publisher fault, many gamestudios dont take trophies or achievements seriously. That's just the fact. And I imagine amount of work going on in DICE studio with all new content for bf2 they simply dont have time for trophies.

The cost to put out a patch on PSN is substantially more than it's worth to fix one little trophy.  Generally they will wait to put a patch out with the highest amount of bug fixes to make it worth it, so that may delay it. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

18 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

i just wanna say for all of the people in this thread to FUCKING CHILL.

i know this is a huge disaster for a big company like EA but also for an AAA game that's been released for around 6 months.

i know y'all hate EA for not supporting their games.

but let's get back to the roots and take a history lesson for a min shall we?

"Catch the bad moment" in Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3) (2008) went unobtainable in 2013 and got back obtainable in 2015. Thanks to EA.

"I am Bad Company!" was also unobtainable because some of the awards were bugged and they fixed it in 2009.

so while you're at it. EA sometimes lets unobtainable trophies stay (sadly thats the case for NFS: The Run) but they most likely don't most of the times.

i just wanna say that there's no way EA/DICE are gonna let these 2 trophies marked as unobtainables for an AAA game that's been around only for 6 months.

SO PLEASE CHILL YOUR ASSES AND PLAY ANOTHER GAME WHILE YOU'RE AT IT. (im not being rude but seriously saying how EA is rubbish because of a damn trophy is pointless and will not fix the trophy by any means).

i know. i hate EA too when it comes to over-priced DLCs and the existence of microtransactions in their games. 

but chill. like posting alot of shit saying how EA is trash won't fix anything. if you really wanna do make a difference and speak up at least then go to the forum for the problem y'all are having. Link for the forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rank-50-Trophy-not-awarded/td-p/6644319

and for those who may question me as an "EA fanboy". yes i love most of their games. but i don't think they're flawless. not at all actually. 

and now that i say it. Battlefield: Bad Company. probably the oldest trophy list for an online game (2008) published by EA is still from this day obtainable to plat. it went unobtainable and they got it back.

all you can really do now is pray EA to fix the damn 2 trophies and keep tweeting/contacting EA/spamming posts in the issue's thread in the forums.

i my self am disappointed to see this happening and im almost gonna get a PS4 and this was one of the games i wanted to get just right when i get me a PS4.

Respect.

Ok while I understand it may seem foolish to some to seem some so aggressive in response to what has occurred. Specillay for those of us that have spent the time in the trenches to achieve what we assumed was achieavable..

Basically this, you buy a game, you play a game for whatever reason (I would assume on a website such as this were all trophy hunters) You would assume a AAA company like EA and DICE who have been around the block for years would be a little more receptive and thourough when it comes to these type of things..

I for one spent 170 hours of my life subscribed to a goal,..a goal in which I met the specified requirements that were described in front of me.. to think that gamers wouldn't be upset after spending time and skill in order to achieve something as ardous and grindful as reaching the max rank.. Its not too much to expect certain gamers to be upset let alone angry in response... hell I was.. not as much now as life moves on,,, do I want my EARNED plat, Yes I do. I worked for it, met the requirements, therefore DESERVE what I have earned.. you can spin it any which way here, but we the gamers are the one suffering, Casual gamers could care less, those of us who dedicated time and effort see it differently. Spend 170 hours and achieve no perscribed trophy and you tell me how youd feel...

I'm not trying to bitch at people here, but some need to understand what went into achieving this task... and it was long and ardous ask the group of us that have been screwed out of this.. and for a plat.. its double the effect..

Asentiff.png

Edited by Asentiff
  • Like 1