Is there an "efficient" way to go about finishing up all the Side Ops?

Personally, I find doing the Side Ops incredibly boring and I only get through a small chunk each time before I just get tired and want to take a break. Is there any definitive efficient way/route of tackling them besides just slugging through them all? I'm mostly just curious, I don't mind getting through them slowly.

16 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

Personally, I find doing the Side Ops incredibly boring and I only get through a small chunk each time before I just get tired and want to take a break. Is there any definitive efficient way/route of tackling them besides just slugging through them all? I'm mostly just curious, I don't mind getting through them slowly.

I wish I knew as well. I find even the campaign missions boring the only thing I get any enjoyment out of this game is the cutscenes but you have to get through hours of boring gameplay for that even. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I wish I knew as well. I find even the campaign missions boring the only thing I get any enjoyment out of this game is the cutscenes but you have to get through hours of boring gameplay for that even. 

Shoot, that's a shame. Oh well, thank you!

If you mean the resource missions your ai takes on then no. You just have to wait them out. If you mean the side ops in the campaign then no. But obviously the better gear you have, the faster and more efficient youll be at completing them.

like with most of the side content in mgs 5, i would wait tackling most of it till you got really good gear and leveling them up through motherbase.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

1 hour ago, ManaFear said:

I couldn't agree with you more; the Side Ops were an absolute drag, even post-endgame. At least half of the game felt artificially padded tbh and this is coming from someone who's a big fan of the series. I didn't even mind all mission tasks/s-ranks in comparison to the Side Ops. Might be helpful to do a few here and there between other games to dull the tedium and monotony.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

You could lay down some animal capture boxes, so that you dont have too many animals left; and fulton as many people as you can. I have the problem, that I only have around 300 people extracted and I need 700 more for one key item.

Other than that, you just need to hang in there and grind these side ops ...

• 3 weeks later...

You should finish the main story and get hero rank. Then you can get plenty of S-rank personnel from side ops and free roam. Maybe extract some vehicles to boost your PF rank and to sell for extra GMP. This game is very long to get 100% (in-game percentage). Best way to just mix up a lot of things, get some S-ranks, do FoBs (best way for resources and GMP), be sure to dispatch troops as well (there's a trophy for key dispatch) and then side ops. There's always something to do and pour resources on. No point in hurrying to get the ops out of the way, really. Imo, best way to play is to keep your MB growing and just keep things running. You'll get there eventually. I nearly had my 2nd FoB maxed by the time I got plat.