Debug mode ingame found! (works on EVERY version of the game)

Just now, BlindMango said:

Woah, this is pretty fascinating! =O

I went ahead and deleted the other identical thread though as to not split the discussion onto 2 different threads. I'm thinking @MMDE will have to keep up with this :P 

Oh...yeah, sure! I didn't know where to post it, so I did that in both. Pretty curious to see the developements of this! I did some testing on PS4 and you can pretty much do anything (except accessing villages with the Zoomer...that crashes the game LOL), and a rather interesting decision by ND to keep the debug mode in the game

On 4/3/2018 at 1:06 AM, DaivRules said:

Damn it. I need this on the Vita. 

The code relies on L3 to work. Sadly, PSVita doesn't have a L3 button. Ratchet and Clank 3 also has a debug code that allows you to get every weapon at the beginning of the game, and also that doesn't work on the Vita because it also relies on L3. 

EDIT: Nevermind, button sequences for PSVita have been found. Check the main post for more information.

Edited by crashratchet

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

I thought you could map L3 on the Vita for these games to the back or front screens?

If you were playing remote play or something you could but I am pretty sure the port doesn't even have R3 enabled as an option. 

I tested out the power cell debug and it turns out you can unlock the majority of the story-related trophies this way as they will unlock after you get the power cell. It's a little glitchy and sometimes it won't actually pop, but if you just keep mashing L1 + R1 over the relevant power cell, it should eventually unlock in a few seconds. The only power cell trophy that will not unlock this way is The Lead Zeppelin as this is technically spread over four power cells and thus the game will not recognize it via debug. Thankfully, the debug mode doesn't get rid of the power cells in the game, and re-earning them just adds nothing to the count, so it should be possible to just get to that point of the game to do that trophy naturally.

I'll test out possible Controller 2 inputs to see if I may be able to also get scout flies and Precursor Orbs to just kill all of the grind outside of the Zeppelin trophy as there have apparently been some debug cheats in demos or something using the second controller.

EDIT: All I found from P2 so far is making some text display on the upper left corner of the screen with triangle. Unless someone finds inputs that can give you orbs and scout flies, then the only real useful things to come from this are infinite ascending (hold R2) and easy revives (press R2 when you are about to die; the window to press the button is quite large) since you still have to collect most of the shit in the game anyway.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

On 4/3/2018 at 10:54 AM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

This is awesome! 

Is there any way that this works with the vita version ?

Check the main post for PSVita button sequences.

Also, the speedrun community hasn't stopped with the discoveries and testing. They went as far as making Jak 2 completable in less than 60 seconds. Enjoy.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234955805

Edited by crashratchet
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

If this shit is allowed: https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/3819-콥스-파티-blood-drive Why not this other? I don't see any problem.

As far as I know, it is allowed for that particular version of the game (the Korean version). All the other versions of Corpse Party Blood Drive do not have the debug mode, so anyone earning trophies that fast on those versions would be cheating.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Trophy hunters in a nutshell: “i feel ashamed and embarrassed having the platinum for my name is mayo”, “im so tired of these 30 minute to an hour games that arent really games that you can platinum with your eyes closed”, “how do these “games” even get past sony!? They arent even fun to play, looks like a 10 year old made them”

”hey, lets use a debug mode for a game that is actually FUN to play”.

Maybe we should make a petition so all these games get debug mode so you can skip playing the game altogether and just get trophies :D. Realistically, I can't say it's wrong to use debug mode to simply get all collectables in one go, but to skip the entire game and not play it is kind of bad, considering the Jak games are really enjoyable. Jak 2's (and probably Jak 3) debug mode does have mission select, which is quite good for people who want to play particular missions again, or avoid having to travel to the mission because they can just select it at that menu and get the trophy. Because it was discovered, you can't really flag anyone for Jak 1, 2 and 3 anymore. I just wonder if it also works on the racing game too. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

How do we find out if this method gets white listed? Is there a list of white listed games somewhere? 

I doubt there's going to be a whitelist until it's known exactly what the debug menu offers (and reading the thread, it seems that it isn't much).

1 hour ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

How do we find out if this method gets white listed? Is there a list of white listed games somewhere? 

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I doubt there's going to be a whitelist until it's known exactly what the debug menu offers (and reading the thread, it seems that it isn't much).

@Walt the Dog did test a Jak 1 debug menu and autopopped a lot of trophies. This will be white-listed because it is still within the boundaries of the game without any external hacking software or using other people's save files. However, someone could claim they found the debug menu years ago and used it when in reality they hacked the trophies with a save file. But after this date, I can't see people really being flagged while there's evidence of a debug menu within the game's boundaries. 

6 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Trophy hunters in a nutshell: “i feel ashamed and embarrassed having the platinum for my name is mayo”, “im so tired of these 30 minute to an hour games that arent really games that you can platinum with your eyes closed”, “how do these “games” even get past sony!? They arent even fun to play, looks like a 10 year old made them”

”hey, lets use a debug mode for a game that is actually FUN to play”.

I personally hated Jak 2 and didn't care much for Jak 3, but I have them on my trophy list and can't delete them because I earned at least one trophy in both. This would let me knock them off without them hurting my completion rate. It can also let me get rid of my copy with no regrets, since I wouldn't feel any reason to want to go back to it despite knowing full well that I wouldn't enjoy it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sergen said:

@Walt the Dog did test a Jak 1 debug menu and autopopped a lot of trophies. This will be white-listed because it is still within the boundaries of the game without any external hacking software or using other people's save files. However, someone could claim they found the debug menu years ago and used it when in reality they hacked the trophies with a save file. But after this date, I can't see people really being flagged while there's evidence of a debug menu within the game's boundaries. 

If someone did it years ago and got flagged back then only to come out now I would seriously doubt the validity of their claim purely because they could have mentioned it then, unless they were involved with the development of the game and had to sign nda's involved with the development of the game. This seems to be a new discovery because let's face it if it were discovered earlier it would have been put online. 

Careful everyone, I see ND updating this and everyone who owns the digital version getting screwed in the future, please make sure to set your updates to manual until at least you finish all the trophies. I can back up my claim by reminding you that ND returned to The Nathan Drake Collection themselves and not Bluepoint to patch the tweaks exploit and pushing people into legit play. Everyone who had the digital version got screwed, so tread carefully with the updates. 

2 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

Careful everyone, I see ND updating this and everyone who owns the digital version getting screwed in the future, please make sure to set your updates to manual until at least you finish all the trophies. I can back up my claim by reminding you that ND returned to The Nathan Drake Collection themselves and not Bluepoint to patch the tweaks exploit and pushing people into legit play. Everyone who had the digital version got screwed, so tread carefully with the updates. 

Also, can someone try this on Uncharted and other ND games and see if they can break those games as well? It’ll be awesome to break all their games especially The Last Of Us and get rid of the multiplayer trophies because screw that trophy list. 

4 hours ago, Soufwar said:

Also, can someone try this on Uncharted and other ND games and see if they can break those games as well? It’ll be awesome to break all their games especially The Last Of Us and get rid of the multiplayer trophies because screw that trophy list. 

They won't be updating the PS3 version to remove the debug menu, the game has been on PS3 for over 5 years and the games on PS4 are the PS2 versions of the games so unless they release a different version of the Jak games entirely to the PSN store on PS4 then I also don't see those being changed. Unlike the Uncharted trilogy, the Jak games are incredibly old and people find new discoveries for them all the time like skips for entire levels and so on, it's a much less important franchise compared to Uncharted to them, they haven't added a game to the main Jak series in nearly 14 years now. 

Edited by Sergen