Debug mode ingame found! (works on EVERY version of the game)

11 hours ago, ValeNort46 said:

I had got stuck on the touchscreen trophy defend spargus from attack, so I entered the code on my vita, I could not get the 2nd part of the code to work

After looking at the cutscene that follows the above trophy I got nothing so I watched a couple scenes and the only trophy I could unlock was the final boss trophy

i have since beat the touchscreen trophies and got the platinum so debug mode works on the vita but does not systematically unlock trophies like the PS4 version

Jak 2's cleanup was nice and easy due to the secrets glitch for invulnerability and such but for the 3rd game I haven't seen anything like that and holding R2 doesn't seem to restore my health as the debug page indicates. Not sure if there's something I'm missing there or if it just doesn't work for the Vita version--if so that's a bit of a shame as some of the trophies that aren't popping for me are for some stupidly annoying level sequences.

12 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Jak 2's cleanup was nice and easy due to the secrets glitch for invulnerability and such but for the 3rd game I haven't seen anything like that and holding R2 doesn't seem to restore my health as the debug page indicates. Not sure if there's something I'm missing there or if it just doesn't work for the Vita version--if so that's a bit of a shame as some of the trophies that aren't popping for me are for some stupidly annoying level sequences.

R2 to restore health does work on Vita as well. You just need to press R2, even while you're dying. If it's not working you probably didn't input the second debug code correctly, I had the same problem. Unfortunately it works only while you're on foot, so it doesn't help at all for the races, which can be annoying on vita, and for the defend spargus level, imo hardest trophy in the game.

On March 29, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Raitandrul said:

Has anyone managed to get Orbs/Scout Flies in Jak 1 through an exploit or does it have to be earned legit?

No, you have to collect everything manually sadly. Someone said some orbs glitched on them when using debug and they went in a different order to get the orbs. I should have just played the game all the way haha. Its really fast and easy but debug mode had me interested.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cielle said:

No, you have to collect everything manually sadly. Someone said some orbs glitched on them when using debug and they went in a different order to get the orbs. I should have just played the game all the way haha. Its really fast and easy but debug mode had me interested.

Exactly how I felt too.

• 1 month later...
On 13/03/2018 at 4:55 PM, IBadDriverI said:

Jak 3 The Visual Novel

So i was able to finish jak 3 on ps3 in about 1hour now 3 times with debug menu and this is how it works

The story trophies who will pop are everytime little random

1.Use the debug codes

2.Secrets - Scene Player Act 3 - The universe calls

3.Watch and skip this cutscene until you reach 32% trophy progression (and yes this works) it can be happen you may skip 20 times without a trophy but you will get every time to 32%

4. if u also get the trophy for beating the last boss (2/3 times i didnt) you can skip point 5

5.Watch and skip scene THE UNIVERSE CALLS (2-3x times) Trophy Progression 41%

6. Choose Scene Player Act 2 - Errol Escapes - Watch and skip until 51%
7. Choose Scene Player Act 2 - Errol has new Friends - Watch and skip 3x trophy progression 52%

8.Back to Act 3 - Choose A hero's Work is never Done - watch and skip till 64%

9.Act 3 - Find my Son... watch and skip till 65%

10.Act 3 - The Catacombs are the only hope - watch and skip till 67%

11.Act 3 - Our Hero - watch and skip till 71%

12.Act 3 - Jak links into the dark ship - watch and skip till 74%

13.2/3 times i only get 72% on step 12 and i have to play the one missing story trophy by myself because it wont unlock ( seems very random)

14. now youre done only the collectibles are missing but all collectibles will unlock on ps3 with the 2nd controller trick

Here is a video...

This time i was able to get the plat without point 9 and 10....but like i mentioned in the video its everytime a little random but i think this are the key cutscenes to unlock the trophies because i was going through each cutscene

Just found that if you only enter the first half of the debug code, then watch the final cutscene.... 40 trophies popped in 17 seconds,lol

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Still can't do the debug in Jak 2 correctly. Did the first. But the second one is a little hard to do without pressing new game. Some one help me.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:25 AM, IBadDriverI said:

Jak 3 on PS4 Platinum with debug mode

I need help with getting Jak 2 debug done correctly.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After over six years I digged up this game and tried to do that, on PS3.

The story auto-pop stucked at 15%. After that I did the orbs and watched all cutscenes manually. Stuck at 77%.

Has anyone a solution for that?

I liked the first J&D game a lot. Was disappointed that J&D2 has absolutely nothing to do with the first game, not even gameplay wise. Means, I would rather not play it by myself. :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 7:16 AM, RedDevil757 said:

You can say you earned them legit without cheating. It seems not many can say that.

Technically the Orb glitch is cheating, but so many people used it because getting those orbs legit was pretty damn tough. I gave up on them back when the game was fairly new in the PS2 days.

Now with the Debug Menu you can full on cheat the game without getting flagged.

• Like 2

If this was discovered in something like Max Payne 3 (The Shadows Rushed Me) the reaction would be starkly different. It only seems to me just because this is such an uncommon case an exception to a rule has been made. I can't imagine if suddenly every game, or at least a good majority, were discovered to also have debug modes like these nothing about this site would then change, since there seems to be an importance made on upholding rarity and keeping the levels genuine. And I'm sure most people collect trophies because of that safe feeling that those things will stay the way they are, because I'm sure most people here don't see their trophy count as a convoluted estimate on how much they spent. You either let everyone cheat, or you let no one cheat, it's instead a muddy middle ground where players can use very similar methods to actual cheaters to unlock trophies in seconds with little to no effort. 

I'm not telling anyone how they should go about things though. I just noticed this topic and had that thought about it, and posted that thought, especially when I've seen the harsh judgement passed before on actual cheaters, members berating them for not actually earning the trophies. Maybe those same members wouldn't use this cheat, maybe they would. Though I'm sure a lot of members hate actual cheaters. and most everyone who would use this cheat would also hate if the games they worked hard on got flooded with fake times by the actual cheaters. 

That's all. I'm not interested in getting into a debate over this, since my stand is honestly just in the middle. It's neither wrong or right to me, it's just a weird exception I felt pointing out, and maybe you can think about before you decide to use this cheat or not. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheNocturnalOwl said:

since there seems to be an importance made on upholding rarity and keeping the levels genuine.

Im not sure where that observation comes from. Sound Shapes and Telltale games came, as well a visual novel auto advance and finally Ratalaika and some puzzle games with online solutions have thoroughly destroyed “keeping the levels genuine.”

This also isn’t even the only game with a debug menu. The thread that explains how to report cheaters explains the distinction between debug menus and third party tools.

I think it’s safe to say that debug menus are relatively rare and if it’s in the game, policing its usage becomes a futile effort. 

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 2:06 AM, Sumire Yoshizawa said:

Done it on my PS4 version atm. Jak 1 and Jak 3 was an major ass grind lol. Jak 2 was fine and no problems there.

How did you plat jak 1 on ps4? All of the orbs and flies trophies wont pop for me. Only need them and then kill the boss.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...