Debug mode ingame found! (works on EVERY version of the game)

I tried to get debug menu for Jak II on Vita following the instructions on the link in the OP, but can’t get it to work. I just want to use it to get past this stupid speeder race so I can play the rest of the game. It infuriates me when you put the Vita race next to the PS2 version of the race, it’s practically a different game.

I’ll try this out again when I finish Disgaea 4 to get Jak out of my backlog. 

So is there a "plat route" for this Jak 2 or 3 using the debug menu yet? Cause on Jak 2 I jumped to a random scene and skipped the minigane unlocking trophies up to that point as well as I defeated the boss at the end and got that corresponding trophy and the power cell trophies.

Maybe cause my PS3 froze they all didn't unlock, I don't know. I will try again when I'm home and update.

if this does work, i'll start up jak 3 but i'm not going to mess with debug mode till after i finish the game. just to glitch the precursor orbs.

prefer to earn them mostly to all legit.

problem is finding the time to play them, backlog keeps increasing.

Edited by kingdrake2

17 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

if this does work, i'll start up jak 3 but i'm not going to mess with debug mode till after i finish the game. just to glitch the precursor orbs.

prefer to earn them mostly to all legit.

problem is finding the time to play them, backlog keeps increasing.

Someone got the Jak 2 plat in 2 and a half minutes. So give or take they may have found a way to plat Jak 2 extremely fast with this method, I'm sure you could spend 10 minutes per game.

Wow..2 and a half minute..that is so broken, but its an in-game feature, so its your own choice if you wanna use it.

I still need to finish the whole series on the vita and ps3..I played the PS2 version back in the days, but I'm still not sure if I want to use this menu..Jak and daxter was except sly my least favorite series from this era, so we will see if i give it a try:)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I tried to get debug menu for Jak II on Vita following the instructions on the link in the OP, but can’t get it to work. I just want to use it to get past this stupid speeder race so I can play the rest of the game. It infuriates me when you put the Vita race next to the PS2 version of the race, it’s practically a different game.

I’ll try this out again when I finish Disgaea 4 to get Jak out of my backlog. 

Enter the first part of the code then release the back touch pad. Press the back touch pad again and enter the second code. That's how i got it to work myself. It should make a noise if you're entered it in correctly.

On the vita I viewed each cutscene in scene viewer mode to get some of the trophies to unlock. For others I needed to replay the specific task in level select. To pick scene viewer/level select you will need to be on the main menu and pick secrets. Alternatively, you can press and hold L2 + R1 (top left part of the back touch pad + R) while on the pause menu in a mission. This shows the hidden menu options. Go to the secrets section from here and you'll be able to pick scene viewer/level select as well.

For the metal head gems, I killed the final boss from level select and then got to the post-game. Once in post-game I went to Mountain Temple (found through the hole in the city in the gardens) and went to the right path past the precursor platform that must be shot to pass. I followed this path until the ambush of weak metal heads appeared. I killed all of them and averaged about 30 gems each run. After killing them, I paused the game and selected restart mission. It put me back at the teleporter and I cycled through the metal heads again until I had 510 gems. The orbs can be obtained with the orb glitch. Each of these collectables needs to be manually obtained as there is no player 2 to press L3 + X to give you 1000 orbs and gems. Since this is the vita version, you can also use the secrets glitch to give yourself infinite dark jak, infinite ammo, and infinite health. That's detailed in this thread if you're unaware of how to use it.

On a side note, it seems random which trophies unlock by the scene viewer method. Another member of a discord server I'm on tried this on the vita version and he had different trophies unlock than I did.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Really? Its not like these games are hard/terrible. They're all good games!

I was never really a big fan of Jak 2 & 3 to begin with, even as a kid I just never really liked them.

But I love the original.

9 hours ago, Nitro said:

Someone got the Jak 2 plat in 2 and a half minutes. So give or take they may have found a way to plat Jak 2 extremely fast with this method, I'm sure you could spend 10 minutes per game.

Hopefully they post a method on how they did that :)

There's not really a specific method. Sign in a second controller before you start the game, then on the main menu enter the debug code(s). Mission Select to the final boss, hit L3 and X on second controller to give 1k Gems and orbs, select the final cutscene for act 3, get plat. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

So this works on PS4/PS3/Vita?

I'm confused on what it doing. It auto popping people's trophies too? 

It works on every platform, it's basically a cheat code that allows you to unlock everything the game has, you can use it to give yourself orbs or ammo, or make you play any mission.

I can't really test it but i'd assume it doesn't auto-pop the story trophies if you just choose to teleport to the last mission in Jak II / 3 (i haven't seen if you can teleport in Jak 1), but it should give you the collectibles trophies on all games.

Also, not sure if it works in Jak X?

• Like 1

So just to be sure if i did thia exploit, I wouldn't get fired from the leaderboards? Just want to double check

Played Jak back on the ps2 and I was never a big fan of them. But the triphy whore in me :-D 

Edited by zer007uk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, zer007uk said:

So just to be sure if i did thia exploit, I wouldn't get fired from the leaderboards? Just want to double check

Played Jak back on the ps2 and I was never a big fan of them. But the triphy whore in me :-D 

It's safe, Already confirmed by admins (pm'd them myself as I was worried about this)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Big thanks for @Sellers providing this at playstationtrophies.org

Full explanation on how to get Jak 2 platinum <5 minutes

source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/jak-ii-hd/324098-platinum-possible-minutes-debug-menu-ps4.html

1jz1MxW.jpg

I started jak 3 a while back and it induced flashbacks on how tedious Jak 2 was. Luckily I didn't have a trophy so I deleted the list and it went back to the backlog. If full instructions came out for 3 I'd do it in a heartbeat

• Like 2

Wishlisted the PS4 Quad Pack.

Thankful the code will work on the Infuriating Vita version. Hopefully there is a roadmap for all three games with Debug mode.

Will do the PS3 version legit, since I never experienced Jak games.

Is the camera still a pain in the PS3 version?