Debug mode ingame found! (works on EVERY version of the game)

38 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Congratulations to everyone using this method for robbing themselves of an outstanding trilogy of games just to get some trophies that you didn't earn and nobody will care about because the Jak games were all extremely easy in the first place.

I feel sorry for anyone who does this, especially if it's their first playthrough. Jak is Naughty Dog's best IP to date (excluding Crash since Activision own that) and this is highly disrespectful to its legacy.

To be honest these games can be played regardless of using the Debug menu I know my friends kids will still play the game regardless that I have all the trophies, so to say this tarnishes the game is pointless considering on the PS2 Trophies did not exist. Also from what I understand this debug was left in by the Devs if it was going to Tarnish the game then the Devs should of removed it before officially re-releasing the games. 

22 minutes ago, ApriIis said:

Jak games were great on ps2.I loved playing them when I was younger,but I when i went back to them when they were released again on ps3 they weren't half as good as I remember,in fact I couldn't even be bothered to finish it. Its kind of like GTA SA,I feel like a lot more people enjoyed the game back then when they were younger.In my opinion games from the past should stay there,because the re-releases will never be as good as you remember.Also they keep releasing the game on every ps console just to get more money for the same exact game( bar jak x) so in my opinion the legacy is a bit tarnished anyway.

I have to agree after releasing the game so many times can kill the magic it once had when it originally released on the PS2. 

Edited by xLilSheWolfx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Congratulations to everyone using this method for robbing themselves of an outstanding trilogy of games just to get some trophies that you didn't earn and nobody will care about because the Jak games were all extremely easy in the first place.

I feel sorry for anyone who does this, especially if it's their first playthrough. Jak is Naughty Dog's best IP to date (excluding Crash since Activision own that) and this is highly disrespectful to its legacy.

Opinions vary and everyone's choices differ. 

If I do get them on the ps4 I'll definitely be using the exploit on Jak 2 as I hated that pile of crap and I've done it twice legit on the PS3 and vita so I'd say I've earned the right lols. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jare said:

great find, i'll use this on vita and PS4, i'll be doing them legit on PS3 and Jak X legit  though, now we wait till someone finds it for Jak X xD 

Bad news for you, then. According to Luminar, the guy who is behind all this research (whose video I linked in the main post), Jak X has the exact same code, buuut...the debug features were all deleted. Well, all except the fact that you can see error codes on the top left side of the screen. That's the only debug feature that remains. I haven't tested myself (I'm busy irl) so I can't confirm, but I trust his words for obvious reasons.

Edited by crashratchet
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Raitandrul said:

Regarding Jak 1 on PS3, I was able to unlock amost every trophy by just unlocking power cells. 

Only the "scout flies" and "orbs" related and two story related trophies "The Lead Zeppelin" and "Battle Hardened" which I couldn't unlock with this method.

Were you able to skip the cut scenes? 

Just now, Raitandrul said:

There are no cutscenes, just unlock power cells from the menu and it should unlock a bunch of trophies, I had to do it three times because the PS3 didn't unlock everything at once.

I had no idea we could do it from the menu, I can't seem to get access to the debug menu in Jak 1 tried on both vita and PS3 the only thing I can do is unlock power cells in the pause menu during the game. 

3 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

I had no idea we could do it from the menu, I can't seem to get access to the debug menu in Jak 1 tried on both vita and PS3 the only thing I can do is unlock power cells in the pause menu during the game. 

I was refering to the pause menu, I can only unlock power cells too and that's how it unlocks most trophies.

2 hours ago, Raitandrul said:

Regarding Jak 1 on PS3, I was able to unlock amost every trophy by just unlocking power cells. 

Only the "scout flies" and "orbs" related and two story related trophies "The Lead Zeppelin" and "Battle Hardened" which I couldn't unlock with this method.

I've now done this on PS3 and vita, going to retry unlocking a few trophies on vita since they didn't unlock figured it was because different systems have different trophies unlocking and different trophies such as using the touch screen for vita. However, while doing this on PS3 not everything unlocked after I sped unlocked the orbs by holding R1+L1and just going across them. So don't speed through it and if some trophies don't unlock just reload your save until you have all trophies except the ones mentioned in the quoted post. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dark_knight360 said:

I just finished Jak 3 using this and got the platinum in 4 hours, 38 minutes, current fastest...(that wont last lol), also did it for Jak 2, both on PS3.

I'm interested in seeing how fast people can get all the plats now.

What was the general roadmap for jak 3 on the PS3? Skip to last level and then watch videos to get ones that didn't pop? How about the collectibles? They look like they've all popped together but on .org the guide says you've got to get half yourself. There's not much info out there about jak 3 on the PS3 so any insight would be appreciated

On 3/9/2018 at 11:28 AM, madbuk said:

Jak 1 is great, but the rest is and always was pretty bad. To be able to skip playing them is not a bad thing. :P 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I strongly doubt nobody knew about this exploit before that Captain Sellers dude over at PST.org posted it. I saw some pretty quick time stamps for Jak II back when I played the game during late 2016. 

Sorry for all those poor chaps who got flagged for posting fast Jak II/Jak 3 time stamps beforehand. 

But fuck this just feels dirty. At least for Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time I had to play legit the first time round before I could autopop the trophies on the stacks. 

Here in Jak II you can do the exploit and get the platinum faster than it probably took me to write this post. And you don’t have to play it legit at all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I strongly doubt nobody knew about this exploit before that Captain Sellers dude over at PST.org posted it. I saw some pretty quick time stamps for Jak II back when I played the game during late 2016. 

Jak II and Jak 3 have the Jet-Board hover glitch where you can skip some parts of the game with it, the hover glitch was found i believe somewhere in 2014. This debug mode was only found this year by the people in the link in the OP.

The games can be finished in 1-3 hours (depends on which we're talking about) if you're speedrunning it, so fast times are not surprising. Before this debug mode was found, getting the plats in just a few mins or secs was 100% a hack, even with the hover glitch which you can use to float off the map to skip whole areas, you still needed to hover to specific places to trigger cutscenes or events, you can't just hover all the way to the final mission.