Debug mode ingame found! (works on EVERY version of the game)

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I strongly doubt nobody knew about this exploit before that Captain Sellers dude over at PST.org posted it. I saw some pretty quick time stamps for Jak II back when I played the game during late 2016. 

Well, I mean, that still counts as illegitimate because before this very month nobody knew about something like this being in the game. And if they did, they're gonna have to have a very strong proof to argue against getting flagged, something that proves that they knew this sequence beforehand. And good luck with that, because unless you're a Naughty Dog developer, y'know, it's gonna be very hard to prove that you knew this. I think @MMDE will agree with what I'm saying here.

So yeah, every user with fast timestamps that are earned before March 2018 (specifically, the tech wiki says the button sequence was found on March 2nd) that gets a report for cheated trophies, perhaps earned with a cfw so that they can have fast timestamps in 2017 for whatever reason, will likely not have its flag lifted, no matter what this user does. One thing is using debug to pop the trophies. Another thing is manipulating the system with external tools.

Edited by crashratchet
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, crashratchet said:

Well, I mean, that still counts as illegitimate because before this very month nobody knew about something like this being in the game. And if they did, they're gonna have to have a very strong proof to argue against getting flagged, something that proves that they knew this sequence beforehand. And good luck with that, because unless you're a Naughty Dog developer, y'know, it's gonna be very hard to prove that you knew this. I think @MMDE will agree with what I'm saying here.

So yeah, every user with fast timestamps that are earned before March 2018 (specifically, the tech wiki says the button sequence was found on March 2nd) that gets a report for cheated trophies, perhaps earned with a cfw so that they can have fast timestamps in 2017 for whatever reason, will likely not have its flag lifted, no matter what this user does. One thing is using debug to pop the trophies. Another thing is manipulating the system with external tools.

This is true. Earned before the date of discovery can be flagged.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mekktor said:

(...) but at the end of the day trophies earned like this are just as worthless as trophies popped using CFW, save files etc.

Well, they are, but that's because trophies are worthless to begin with.

EDIT: sure they are fun most of the time but they're still just trophies, don't come at me saying I'm the trophy antichrist.

Edited by Raitandrul
dodging mainstream agenda on this website
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3 March 2018 at 11:47 PM, crashratchet said:

Full code: (while holding L3) Up - Up - Down - Down - Left - Right - Left - Right - X - X - Sqr - O - Sqr - O - Sqr -O - Square - X - X - right - left - right - left - down - down - up - up

What it does: Allows you to do a number of things, among them: auto-earn cells if you press L1 and R1 in the pause menu.

Now, I remember games like Ferrari Race Experience or Supercar Challenge that are whitelisted in the leaderboards (those games also have debug modes that allow you to instawin ANY race) and are not counted as cheating if trophies are very quickly earned. Will this be whitelisted aswell?

It also works on Jak 2 and 3, but the combinations still need to be tested.

Also if someone could mention whoever is in charge for whitelisting games, it would be appreciated. Now go and test it yourself :)

EDIT: Functions are being listed here, the page is updated gradually as new stuff is discovered:

https://jadtech.miraheze.org/wiki/Debug_Mode

EDIT2: Check the wiki. Where it says "Second controller", where you see L3+X, that button combination will give you 1000 skulls and orbs (for Jak 2 and 3). It works on PS3 and PS4. By doing that, you'll instaearn 6 trophies (EDIT: according to some posts here not all of the trophies will pop so you'll still have to get some collectables legitimately). If you try that combination on the first controller nothing will happen. This is getting more and more interesting.

EDIT3: Wiki updated again. Button assignments for the psvita were discovered and added. Consequentially, also edited the title because this now works on ALL versions of the game. Of course, you can't use controller 2 functions on Vita, but well...at least freecam works, I guess

Won't pano banned this as cheating? I bought jak 2 yesterday but thinking about it it looks very shifty in terms of owners looking into this as a cheat?

3 hours ago, sejefyr said:

Anyone tried to do it on the vita?

Seems like all of the story related trophies wont pop, when you do the debug menu, and go to the last mission and then play the cutscene for beating final boss.

3 hours ago, LLegend_Fox said:

Doesnt seem to work on vita, tried it several times with back touchpad. ;C

It does work on the Vita, I tried with Jak 2 today (I had half of the game completed already), watched every cutscene from the lists in Acts 2 and 3 and around 5 or 6 trophies popped for me, then I had to get the rest of them via Level select (you can activate infinite health & ammo on the Vita version)

So yeah, I don't think it's that useful on the Vita, you can just start a new game with infinite health (you don't need to insert any code for that, just select it from the Secrets menu) and collect the precursor orbs with the glitch.

Also it's important to know that the infinite glitch doesn't work on the "minigames" levels, the turrets levels are a complete pain, although I didn't find the racing levels that bad.

Edited by Franciscoo-

5 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

I'm assuming that anyone getting these trophies this way would get flagged then?

Nope. Those who are in charge of checking the flags have confirmed in this very thread on page 2 that this is allowed because it's not an external tool you use to get the trophies, but something that was left in the games by Naughty Dog, the develpoer, itself.

Edited by crashratchet
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, crashratchet said:

Nope. Those who are in charge of checking the flags have confirmed in this very thread on page 2 that this is allowed because it's not an external tool you use to get the trophies, but something that was left in the games by Naughty Dog, the develpoer, itself.

Ah I see, thanks a lot for the info! Now do I play the game properly and experience it for the first time? Or do I use this debug thing and get the trophies really quickly seemingly....

10 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Ah I see, thanks a lot for the info! Now do I play the game properly and experience it for the first time? Or do I use this debug thing and get the trophies really quickly seemingly....

Well if you have both ps3 and ps4 versions I would debug ps4. Then play ps3 normal as the debug is glitchy with the ps3 and doesn't unlock all of the trophies 

20 minutes ago, IBadDriverI said:

So i was able to finish jak 3 on ps3 in about 1hour now 3 times with debug menu and this is how it works

The story trophies who will pop are everytime little random

1.Use the debug codes

2.Secrets - Scene Player Act 3 - The universe calls

3.Watch and skip this cutscene until you reach 32% trophy progression (and yes this works) it can be happen you may skip 20 times without a trophy but you will get every time to 32%

4. if u also get the trophy for beating the last boss (2/3 times i didnt) you can skip point 5

5.Watch and skip scene THE UNIVERSE CALLS (2-3x times) Trophy Progression 41%

6.Choose Scene Player Act 2 - Beat Cyber-Errol Boss - Watch and skip until 51%

7.Choose Act 2 - Explore War Factory - Watch and skip 3x trophy progression 52%

8.Back to Act 3 - Choose A hero's Work is never Done - watch and skip till 64%

9.Act 3 - Find my Son... watch and skip till 65%

10.Act 3 - The Catacombs are the only hope - watch and skip till 67%

11.Act 3 - Our Hero - watch and skip till 71%

12.Act 3 - Jak links into the dark ship - watch and skip till 74%

13.2/3 times i only get 72% on step 12 and i have to play the one missing story trophy by myself because it wont unlock ( seems very random)

14. now youre done only the collectibles are missing but all collectibles will unlock on ps3 with the 2nd controller trick

Almost the same thing happen to me with jak 2 on ps3

8 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Did this debug mode make a orb glitch out on y'all in spider cave in jak 1 on ps4? I'm one away from the plat but I have looked everywhere in that area so I'm assuming it glitched

i don't get it, is one orb missing or you farmed orbs there? 

4 hours ago, IBadDriverI said:

Jak 3 The Visual Novel

So i was able to finish jak 3 on ps3 in about 1hour now 3 times with debug menu and this is how it works

The story trophies who will pop are everytime little random

1.Use the debug codes

2.Secrets - Scene Player Act 3 - The universe calls

3.Watch and skip this cutscene until you reach 32% trophy progression (and yes this works) it can be happen you may skip 20 times without a trophy but you will get every time to 32%

4. if u also get the trophy for beating the last boss (2/3 times i didnt) you can skip point 5

5.Watch and skip scene THE UNIVERSE CALLS (2-3x times) Trophy Progression 41%

6.Choose Scene Player Act 2 - Beat Cyber-Errol Boss - Watch and skip until 51%

7.Choose Act 2 - Explore War Factory - Watch and skip 3x trophy progression 52%

8.Back to Act 3 - Choose A hero's Work is never Done - watch and skip till 64%

9.Act 3 - Find my Son... watch and skip till 65%

10.Act 3 - The Catacombs are the only hope - watch and skip till 67%

11.Act 3 - Our Hero - watch and skip till 71%

12.Act 3 - Jak links into the dark ship - watch and skip till 74%

13.2/3 times i only get 72% on step 12 and i have to play the one missing story trophy by myself because it wont unlock ( seems very random)

14. now youre done only the collectibles are missing but all collectibles will unlock on ps3 with the 2nd controller trick

Does this POP all of the collectibles or just the first tier?