Debug mode ingame found! (works on EVERY version of the game)

JAK 2 PS3 USING DEBUG MODE

I can confirm you can unlock most story trophies by just watching/skipping cutscenes for Jak 2 on ps3. This is what i did step by step:

- use debug codes

- Use L2+R1 and go to secrets

- choose scene players act 3 and watch/skip multiple times the following cutscenes:

- The celebration, until 35% trophy progress (2G, 1S, 11B)

- Kor drops down, until 38% (1S)

- Sig's in trouble, until 55% (2S, 8B)

- Get the time map, until 68% (3S, 3B)

- choose scene player act 2 and watch/skip the following cutscene:

- the wells go boom! until 70% (1B)

Be advised it may take several minutes before all the trophies unlock and it may vary from person to person.

At this point I only had 2 story trophies left, easily obtainable via level select. In my case I had to replay:

- Rescue friends at fortress

- Beat Krew in weapons lab.

If you use L2+R2 ability to fly and R2 ability to recover health (makes you invincible) it's a joke.

- Finally use a second controller or reassign your controller and press L3+X to get all collectibles trophies.

- Enjoy your plat in less than 1hour.

• Like 4

On 3/20/2018 at 1:54 PM, Djeheuty said:

JAK 2 PS3 USING DEBUG MODE

I can confirm you can unlock most story trophies by just watching/skipping cutscenes for Jak 2 on ps3. This is what i did step by step:

- use debug codes

- Use L2+R1 and go to secrets

- choose scene players act 3 and watch/skip multiple times the following cutscenes:

- The celebration, until 35% trophy progress (2G, 1S, 11B)

- Kor drops down, until 38% (1S)

- Sig's in trouble, until 55% (2S, 8B)

- Get the time map, until 68% (3S, 3B)

- choose scene player act 2 and watch/skip the following cutscene:

- the wells go boom! until 70% (1B)

Be advised it may take several minutes before all the trophies unlock and it may vary from person to person.

At this point I only had 2 story trophies left, easily obtainable via level select. In my case I had to replay:

- Rescue friends at fortress

- Beat Krew in weapons lab.

If you use L2+R2 ability to fly and R2 ability to recover health (makes you invincible) it's a joke.

- Finally use a second controller or reassign your controller and press L3+X to get all collectibles trophies.

- Enjoy your plat in less than 1hour.

I tried following these steps and could only unlock around 70% of the trophies this way. I did try the cutscenes numerous times. I ended up just playing the levels for the trophies that didn't unlock (I have about 8 left to go). 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Does the orb glitch work for jak 2 ps3? And how? I really can't find anything about it. 

The orb glitch works on Jak II and Jak 3 on all platforms, it's also an old glitch found on the PS2 when the game originally released, just watch this vid and you'll know what to do:

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 4:21 PM, angelbless45 said:

So one question arise to me... are these trophies whiteflagged? I mean, for people who played the games back before I will imagine they will just want to get the trophies as fast as I they can.

Absolutely no reason you should worry about this. It's all normal in-game cheat codes. They just happen to have been secret/hidden/forgotten for a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isaacoomer4 said:

Hmm, thanks just can't get them to trigger on the vita..

On Vita the trophies don't seem to have a fixed set of scenes to trigger. Or if there is one nobody has posted it yet. Just trigger the last cutscene and you'll get a handful, then play each cutscene from acts 1-3 and trophies will pop as you progress. The trophies often don't seem to pop for the related scenes so just go through all of them. I did that a few times while watching TV and almost everything triggered for me, including all three racing trophies. Then I just used the level select to load the missing trophy levels and ran through while using the secrets glitch (go to the secrets menu and you can trigger everything over 150 orbs on the Vita version to make yourself invulnerable and have unlimited ammo.)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

What does (while holding L3) mean? Push it in? Just push up? Directions unclear.

push in. like pressing the button for an elevator or a vending machine button.

i'm going to be joining the ps4 rounds for jak soon. going to begin as early as monday if things go right.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

push in. like pressing the button for an elevator or a vending machine button.

i'm going to be joining the ps4 rounds for jak soon. going to begin as early as monday if things go right.

Or in the case of the Vita version, just holding your finger in the lower left quadrant of the back touchscreen while you enter the debug code.

I had got stuck on the touchscreen trophy defend spargus from attack, so I entered the code on my vita, I could not get the 2nd part of the code to work

After looking at the cutscene that follows the above trophy I got nothing so I watched a couple scenes and the only trophy I could unlock was the final boss trophy

i have since beat the touchscreen trophies and got the platinum so debug mode works on the vita but does not systematically unlock trophies like the PS4 version

• Like 1