Duel Attacks

How does one go about unlocking these? The game told me about them and said there was some sort of extra bar beside the instructor to look at, but I'm not seeing any sort of bar for progress in unlocking these moves.  I even went into a PQ with Beerus and Pan, finished it off and checked again, but nothing, so I've no idea on what I'm suppose to be looking at and where on the progress to unlocking these attacks.

I'm not entirely sure but so far I've been getting them by talking to my instructor after completing all 4 of their training missions and maxing out their friendship bar.

I would go through the dialogue to get their marks and when I continue to talk to them they eventually share with me their dual attack.

Just now, Shinobi said:

I'm not entirely sure but so far I've been getting them by talking to my instructor after completing all 4 of their training missions and maxing out their friendship bar.

I would go through the dialogue to get their marks and when I continue to talk to them they eventually share with me their dual attack.

Ah, friendship bars could be what I'm missing.  What would be the best way to max those out? Cause my bars are more or less empty (Pan's is about half way done and Yamcha about a quarter xD ).

• Like 1

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, friendship bars could be what I'm missing.  What would be the best way to max those out? Cause my bars are more or less empty (Pan's is about half way done and Yamcha about a quarter xD ).

What I personally do is go through PQ's offline and pick whoever is my instructor at the time to be my teammate. I just pick my instructor twice but I'm not sure if that speeds it up lol.

I suppose, If you're looking for a way to strictly grind it out you can probably just pick a PQ you can do rather quickly and keep repeating it with your instructor.

I've heard wearing pieces of clothing that your instructor wears will speed it up even more but I haven't bothered with that and I find the bar still fills up pretty fast without doing that. Much more quickly when compared to the first Xenoverse anyway.  

1 minute ago, Shinobi said:

What I personally do is go through PQ's offline and pick whoever is my instructor at the time to be my teammate. I just pick my instructor twice but I'm not sure if that speeds it up lol.

I suppose, If you're looking for a way to strictly grind it out you can probably just pick a PQ you can do rather quickly and keep repeating it with your instructor.

I've heard wearing pieces of clothing that your instructor wears will speed it up even more but I haven't bothered with that and I find the bar still fills up pretty fast without doing that. Much more quickly when compared to the first Xenoverse anyway.  

Hmm, might try the whole, two instructor thing and pick a quick one to do.  That one with fighting Goku and Piccolo alongside Raditz can go by quickly, so I could just use that one.  Still need to go and talk to Future Gohan, Bardok and... another, I forget off the top of my head, not Cooler though, he's my mentor right now xD

As I assume these new ones added in need to be done as well for said trophy, since the trophy says almost all, as in, tells you that Hit, Bojak and Zamansu or however you spell his name, that they're not counted.  So that is a lot to get maxed out regardless.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Best way to get em. Go to a teacher, be my master, repeat 1 training mission till ur frindship is maxed. Takes 15-20 min per teacher 

This is the best way to go, it's still a pretty lenghty trophy to go for. Im about halfway done and then ill move on to the hero colosseum after which is quite a grind aswell...

• 5 weeks later...

Best way to do it is to repeat the mission on the tokipedia over and over again cause this missions fills 20% of your friendship bar... by the time you complette the tokipedia wuth all the characters you should have some teachers with the friendship bar full or almost full

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know why Krillin & Android 18 are missing as mentors for me? I've had their quest and friendship bar maxed out for a while, but since they added the Dual Ultimate trophy, I went back to their usual locations and they're not there. I checked every mentor location just to make sure but nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, Dark-PassengerXD said:

Anyone know why Krillin & Android 18 are missing as mentors for me? I've had their quest and friendship bar maxed out for a while, but since they added the Dual Ultimate trophy, I went back to their usual locations and they're not there. I checked every mentor location just to make sure but nothing. 

I have the same problem, but with Freezer and Cell.. I got all attack but can't take the trophy.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those having issues with the trophy not popping remember the last part of the description of the trophy:

Learned a Dual Ultimate Attack from all instructors (excluding Hit, Bojack, and Zamasu) and reported to Oshi.

Like with -  This is the New Super Saiyan Blue! - Trophy for getting 70 different figurines the trophy pops when you talk with Oshi after completing the requirements.

If you don't know where he is, Oshi is the npc with golden armor nearby ( a bit to the north) the the summoning shrine.

Edited by Wolf_D_Flame
  • Like 1

On 13.5.2018 at 5:17 PM, Wolf_D_Flame said:

For those having issues with the trophy not popping remember the last part of the description of the trophy:

Learned a Dual Ultimate Attack from all instructors (excluding Hit, Bojack, and Zamasu) and reported to Oshi.

Like with -  This is the New Super Saiyan Blue! - Trophy for getting 70 different figurines the trophy pops when you talk with Oshi after completing the requirements.

If you don't know where he is, Oshi is the npc with golden armor nearby ( a bit to the north) the the summoning shrine.

Awesome it worked!!  Thanks a lot!

The problem is , at least in the german version , the trophy description only says:" Learned a Dual Ultimate Attack from all instructors (excluding Hit, Bojack, and Zamasu)". 

That's it , does'nt mention anything with oshi.

• 2 weeks later...