Gold Crown Lavasioth

I literally never make forums or anything but this is pissing me off badly. I've spent a couple days collecting all the large and small gold crowns for each and every monster in the game. Some monsters were quicker and some took longer but over a few days I've had every single gold crown for every monster except one, the gold crown for giant lavasioth. I have no idea what the hell is going on but I've spent multiple days now just trying to focus lavasioth and I'm getting super frustrated at the repetitiveness of measuring the monster and quitting or fighting and I've caught stupidly huge lavasioths and I still only have a silver crown. On top of that I'm completely out of investigations for the Elders Recess except elder dragon ones which wouldn't have lavasioth in it anyways so whenever I need to get an investigation i have to run around Elders Recess picking up tracks and even when I do get investigations they're worthless if they don't have at least 1 silver and 1 gold or if they don't have lavasioth in the quest (not just as target but as an extra monster still gives gold crown chance). It's infuriating that this one last gold crown has already consumed more time than the collective time for every other gold crown in the game. I've measured hundreds of lavasioth and seen ridiculously huge ones but fucking nothing!!! If anyone would help me get my last crown to platinum that would be amazing but also I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible for a gold crown monster to spawn in expedition mode because I measure lavasioth in expedition too and they get dumb huge but never gold crown so how fucking big does a lavasioth have to get??? If anyone else could help me I'd appreciate it so much every single day is a completely progressless waste I can feel my life slipping away from me as I measure these fucking lavasioth and I really can't take it anymore I feel like I can have a God damn break down any minute now I cant even help my girlfriend farm nergigante because platinum trophy is just ONE (thousand) LAVASIOTH AWAY. Please anyone that has lavasioth investigations epically if tempered you can add me on psn I'll add anyone and I play all day daily until I have this gold crown lavasioth and if anyone could help me by hosting investigations I'd be endlessly thankful. Sorry for the wall of text but I really needed to get out every word of it and please please please add me on psn xSubjectX420 if you have lavasioth investigations and wanna get the gold crown with me

• Like 1

Just wait until the next Event that has the Lavasioth as part of the Great Hunt.  We have had Ancient Forest, Wildspire Waste and currently have Coral Highlands.  Next up will be Rotten Vale and then Elder's Recess, the chance of a mini or giant Crown dropping for these Events are huge.  Play something else and come back when the Event is live if you're frustrated.

10 minutes ago, Salt_AU said:

Just wait until the next Event that has the Lavasioth as part of the Great Hunt.  We have had Ancient Forest, Wildspire Waste and currently have Coral Highlands.  Next up will be Rotten Vale and then Elder's Recess, the chance of a mini or giant Crown dropping for these Events are huge.  Play something else and come back when the Event is live if you're frustrated.

According to the official event quest schedule there are no great hunt in Rotten Vale and Elder's Recess yet

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/eventquest/

Edited by dark69knight

@xSubjectX420 I completely understand your frustration and the Lavasioth. I am six days behind him and nothing, my investigations are over and today I will have to spend all day behind investigations. I just need his giant crown to platinum, I really want to help you and I need help too if you find it. I'll send a private message to you and we'll talk better there. It's already annoying for me to be looking for this unfortunate, I just wanted to enjoy the game soon after platinum. A colleague of mine found the giant Lavasioth today, but he did not even bother to call me... We can hunt together. I hope we get there soon.

PS: I hate so much this stupid annoying monster!

Sounds rough. I'm still missing a bunch of miniature/gold crowns for most a couple monsters, but I guess I might as well and try to go for Lavasioth's crowns now so that I don't have to, later on, waste even more time trying to have him drop his crowns. But even if I manage to get his miniature/giant crowns earlier, I reckon the last crown for whichever monster I'll need from will still take me a good minute to get. But based on the situation you're stuck on, I guess it wouldn't hurt if I go for the crowns than to go for them when they're the last thing I need. I take advantage of the weekly events, the instant I see a monster's crown I already am not in possession of, and such monsters are featured on the weekly event, I go and keep replaying the events till I finally get both of their smallest/giant crowns. If you somehow don't get Lavasioth's Giant gold crown by the upcoming weeks, you'll have a better chance on getting his giant crown when Elder's Recess is featured on a Weekly Event, like it's already been said above my reply. May RNG be damned since clearly, the RNG gods are not on your side. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez

Awesome thank you all so much for the replies so far. The idea to upload the save to cloud when I have viable investigations sounds super good espically if I get a tempered quest for the higher spawn chance of gold crown. But as far as the events go I've actually been utilizing the events this whole time but I did this a bit backwards.

You see since the events went forest->desert->coral I did my crown sniping the opposite way I went recess->vale->coral so I'd have every crown by about week 3 I'm not really trying to wait around 2 weeks with that last crown hanging over my head for an Elders Recess event.

hopefully today can be the day if I spam the tempered investigations of him, but I'll have to get one first lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Im in the same spot with Black Diablos, I found frigging huge ones they almost touch the ceilling (joke) and still nothing. 

I actually had the same experience with Black Diablos too it took me at least a day of sniping but maybe two

try doing some investigations with multiple monsters even if you need just one. It might take longer but from personal experience I've had some luck doing this. I was farming Lavasioth over and over and I found an investigation I had that included a lavasioth as well as a dogogama. The rewards were 1 bronze,1 silver, 1 gold (it even had 5 faints). Within 3 attempts at it I managed to score both gold crowns for the lavasioth but nothing for the dodogama. 

I used the same method above to find small Lavasioth. My head was slightly in the upper half of the vertical bright mark. At first I thought that it was a regular Lavasioth and was handed a crown as surprise.. I also caught a Lavasioth, also with my head being in the upper half. This one wasn't crown worthy (1724).. So be careful since the eyes can trick you. The thing I noticed about the small crown one was that the Lavasioth was smaller and the legs were smaller despite my head being in the upper vertical mark

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I used the same method above to find small Lavasioth. My head was slightly in the upper half of the vertical bright mark. At first I thought that it was a regular Lavasioth and was handed a crown as surprise.. I also caught a Lavasioth, also with my head being in the upper half. This one wasn't crown worthy (1724).. So be careful since the eyes can trick you. The thing I noticed about the small crown one was that the Lavasioth was smaller and the legs were smaller despite my head being in the upper vertical mark

Its probably easier to measure based on the two seperate horizontal marks (average is head level with lower one) instead of measuring by the vertical one but I guess whatever floats your boat tbh

On 3/5/2018 at 0:16 PM, SirShavesALot said:

How do you go about measuring a monster?  I play using bow so it might be a little more difficult for me to gauge the size.

You can shock trap it and measure the height of your head against a certian chosen part of the monster (most often most easily the legs as usually the legs will bend at the head of the hunter if the monsters the normal size)

5 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

This is the edge case, apparently. My Lavadude was somewhat smaller (my head was a bit above vertical mark's bottom) and yet he gave me the gold.

WOW JUST WOW. I fought two lavasioths that my head was slightly under or just touching the vertical mark and it gave me two large silver crown updates

1 minute ago, abhinandhan22 said:

WOW JUST WOW. I fought two lavasioths that my head was slightly under or just touching the vertical mark and it gave me two large silver crown updates

From my experience, the sizes don't always correspond to a crown. I had a few cases when silver crowns were a bit larger than gold ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Its pure random happen to me with vall and dora this game will make me crazy at some point so am taking a short break from crown hunting 

5 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

Its pure random happen to me with vall and dora this game will make me crazy at some point so am taking a short break from crown hunting 

How many crowns do you have left?

8 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

From my experience, the sizes don't always correspond to a crown. I had a few cases when silver crowns were a bit larger than gold ones.

Yeah the second lavasioth large silver crown i got was from the smaller looking lavasioth but the size was bigger. 

9 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

How many crowns do you have left? 

Am not exactly sure about the exact small and giant count cuz am on work right now but all i know is there are 10 monsters need grind for crowns

all monsters in Rotten Vale and Elder's Recess plus Black Diablos with Bazelgeuse

and i am at 400 hours game play i think i have the worst luck ever right ☺️

Edited by dark69knight