"Hour Mark" Trophies

Zolkovo

2e2nhqe.jpg

Over 9000 trophies and the 4 I found were all on the plus side of 6000.  I didn't get a single one of these in my first 6000 pops.  4 in total is statistically in line with basic probability (3600 seconds in an hour, 1 every 3600 seconds is ~3). But 4 in the last 3000 trophies and none in the first 6000 is kinda strange.

Now, I wonder if anyone has earned a trophy at exactly 12:00:00 AM on January 1st, and it was a Platinum trophy, AND it earned them a PSN level.... anyone? lol

43 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Now, I wonder if anyone has earned a trophy at exactly 12:00:00 AM on January 1st, and it was a Platinum trophy, AND it earned them a PSN level.... anyone? lol

There was an event some time ago when people tried to do that or something similar. I don’t think it was for plat or lvl up tho, but someone could have used it for that. I wonder if anyone succeeded.?

@Smashero Averaging roughly 1/2500 :00 stamps - nice going! You have a pretty good sample size too.

@snakebit10 Sorry for the late reply. I use windows snipping tool to capture the area and then upload to imgur. Once it's uploaded, click on the image and copy direct link (highlighted in red):

4BSnYKh.png

It will be automatically embedded when you paste it into a post.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

@Smashero Averaging roughly 1/2500 :00 stamps - nice going! You have a pretty good sample size too.

@snakebit10 Sorry for the late reply. I use windows snipping tool to capture the area and then upload to imgur. Once it's uploaded, click on the image and copy direct link (highlighted in red):

4BSnYKh.png

It will be automatically embedded when you paste it into a post.

Let me check again. I didn't see the direct link option when I was trying to use imgur. 

@Zolkovo I don't get the option for a direct link. Are you saving your image to your computer first? Then uploading it to imgur. I link it gives me I keep getting a error on this site.

Edited by snakebit10

36 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't get the option for a direct link. Are you saving your image to your computer first? Then uploading it to imgur. I link it gives me I keep getting a error on this site.

Yeah, I'm saving via Snipping Tool and then drag+drop file into my imgur account (select images in the drop down menu under your username first).

1njsQ9q.png

Edited by Zolkovo

7 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

There was an event some time ago when people tried to do that or something similar. I don’t think it was for plat or lvl up tho, but someone could have used it for that. I wonder if anyone succeeded.1f914.png

Yeah, I was part of that event.  It was for a platinum, but it wasn't for exactly 12:00:00, it was anytime during the first minute (so seconds didn't matter), and there was no specification of gaining a level at the time.

Here's mine: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1198-heavy-fire-afghanistan/Matto_lsi

Jan 1st, 12:00:26, Plat in Heavy Fire: Afghanistan

I might just have to set-up an event like this now for next New Years :P

12 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Yeah, I was part of that event.  It was for a platinum, but it wasn't for exactly 12:00:00, it was anytime during the first minute (so seconds didn't matter), and there was no specification of gaining a level at the time.

Here's mine: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1198-heavy-fire-afghanistan/Matto_lsi

Jan 1st, 12:00:26, Plat in Heavy Fire: Afghanistan

I might just have to set-up an event like this now for next New Years :P

Haha that'd be so tricky; count me in!

var page=0, lastPage = document.getElementsByClassName("typo-button"), lastPage = parseInt(lastPage[lastPage.length-1].innerText);
(function lookFor0000(){
	page++;
	if(page>lastPage){
		console.log("finished");
		return;
	}
	if(page%10==0) console.log("checking: " + page+"/"+lastPage);
	$.get("log?page="+page, (data)=>{
		if(data.match(/:00:00/)) console.log("match at page: "+page+"!");
	}).done(lookFor0000);
})();

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

Y681cO0.png

YihSBnJ.png

E6VyWT3.png

MklSD7m.png

VoNEIVR.png

Got 5.  Thats neat :hmm: @Zolkovo You got a 1/150 chance of this happening, since there are 3600 total seconds in a day, and 24 of those seconds will be on the exact hour and second.  QUICK MAFS!!!!

There are 86.400 total seconds in a day ( 24h * 60min * 60sec = 86.400sec ) Than 86.400sec : 24sec = You got a 1/3600 of this happening in a day :D

• Like 1