unplayable

NCSFan001

Just bought the game (physical version), nothing seems to be wrong with the disc, yet I can't even beat the first mission as the game freezes and I have to restart the console after like 5 minutes of playing, has happened 5 times tonight, really annoying since its the only borderlands I have left to plat and spent money on it.

There’s a topic about  freezing of the game in the Gearbox forum (the guy there has the digital version). He complains about it freezing each time he gets to a save point. Is this your issue?

Klick me!

A couple of posts down in the forum it is mentioned that this kind of problem is usually when there’s something wrong with the disc or the save file is corrupted. 

My my advice would be the following:

- check if the latest update is installed and restart the console 

- if it is and not working still, delete the save game and start new

- if this isn’t working either, delete the game and save data entirely and install it from scratch 

- if neither of the above help put in a ticket at gearbox 

Edited by iAlphaSoldier

53 minutes ago, weavsxx said:

A disc doesn't necessarily need to have scratches in it to be faulty. So just return the game for another copy and you should be fine

This^

It sounds to me like you have bought a bad disc, thus you should return it for a new copy and everything will be fine ?. I've only had Borderlands 1, crash on me twice in 7 years and both of those were due a memory leak when exiting back to the XMB. As a side note, what Model PS3 do you have? I ask because at one point (though I'm not sure if it still happens), BL1 had a stability issue with the pre-Slim model PS3s.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

It sounds to me like you have bought a bad disc, thus you should return it for a new copy and everything will be fine 1f642.png. I've only had Borderlands 1, crash on me twice in 7 years and both of those were due a memory leak when exiting back to the XMB. As a side note, what Model PS3 do you have? I ask because at one point (though I'm not sure if it still happens), BL1 had a stability issue with the pre-Slim model PS3s.

Yep ordered a new copy off ebay and my PS3 is a very old one, I got it in May or June of 2008 its not a slim