What is the best concert you have been to?

SlaveBeastTaka

I don't know about you guys. But, im that kind of person. Where, I can't see a band live lol. Except Parkway Drive. And, maybe Slipknot. I heard that Parkway Drive get's crazy when they are live. Is this true xD. O.O I just love Parkway Drive. ! ! 

I loved to know yours! ?☺️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

It came to my town, didn't have to drive much. I will never forget this experience. (I think it was 2015 or 2016, can't remember exactly).

maxresdefault.jpg

This! The only music event worth attending.

I happened to be in New York when the Zelda Symphony was there (I think it was October/November 2015). I'm from Argentina so it was a chance I couldn't miss. Just thinking about it is giving me chills, it was soooo good.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

This! The only music event worth attending.

I happened to be in New York when the Zelda Symphony was there (I think it was October/November 2015). I'm from Argentina so it was a chance I couldn't miss. Just thinking about it is giving me chills, it was soooo good.

Then it's really special for you since you live so far away from where it took place :D

Everybody cheered so loud, some people were cosplaying, some people played their 3ds lol.

It was so nerdy, but I had such a great time. Invited my cousin to go with me.

My favorite Zelda songs are the Fairy Fountan (harp) and Gerudo Desert and... actually I think I like them all LOL!

Found this Lon Lon Ranch guitar cover a few years ago, it's awesome:

@SlaveBeastTaka I liked Slipknot a lot when I was a kid, I think I had the cd where on the cover they dressed in red shirts with clown masks?

16 minutes ago, Feral said:

Saw Green Day last year and they were excellent.

Nice...one of my favorite albums =

91kny7EUh5L._SL1425_.jpg

Notice the ape at the bottom left... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
  • Like 1

I just saw Neck Deep and Creeper last month, that was really hype. I've seen Panic! At The Disco twice, both times were great. I've also seen Blink 182 with All Time Low and A Day to Remember and that was awesome. I haven't been to a bad concert, they've all been pretty amazing. I guess the worst concert I've been to would be Fall Out Boy, since they mostly played their new music, which is trash. However, it was my first concert, and it was still pretty fun.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SlaveBeastTaka said:

I don't know about you guys. But, im that kind of person. Where, I can't see a band live lol. Except Parkway Drive. And, maybe Slipknot. I heard that Parkway Drive get's crazy when they are live. Is this true xD. O.O 1f917.png I just love Parkway Drive. ! ! 1f496.png 

I loved to know yours! 1f619.png263a.png

Parkway Drive are absoutley amazing live. If by chance you get the opportunity to see them, then definitely do it. Slipknot are also amazing live. Parkway and Slipknot are two bands that really know how to get the crowd going! I don't know whether I'm being biased but saying that maybe Metallica was my best concert because it took 8 years before I actually saw them live, and they are my favourite band, so maybe them. Although, the likes of Trivium, Rammstein, A Day to Remember and even Don Broco was brilliant.

Edited by SamS7398
  • Like 2

I haven't been to any specific person/band but I went to Leeds festival in 2016 and I saw (which were all amazing)

• Biffy Clyro
  • Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  • Imagine Dragons
  • Fallout Boy
  • Foals
  • Twenty One Pilots
  • The Wombats
  • Courteeners
  • Eagles of Death Metal

Parkway Drive were there but I never got to see them! :( There were a lot more too but they were probably the best.

Green Day put on the best sounding concert I've ever been to and Marilyn Manson put on the best show I've ever seen. I saw Green Day back in like 2000 or so at an all day music festival. Blink 182 was the headliner (and they SUCKED live). Green Day sounded amazing and for one song Billy Joe pulled people out of the audience to play. Some 10 year old kid was playing the four or five chords needed for the song and Billy Joe sang while these people from the crowd played for him. He let the kid keep the guitar afterward too. It was really awesome.

I saw Marilyn Manson at Ozzfest in 2003. I'm not a huge Manson fan and most of the crowd that was there was older people waiting to hear Black Sabbath who was touring with Ozzy. The crowd couldn't have been less interested in Manson, but he put out sooooo much energy. He was so entertaining and good. If I liked more of his songs, it probably would have been the best show I've seen. Ironically, when Sabbath came out...the crowd was super into it and Sabbath sucked.

Worst concert I've been to was Counting Crows followed closely by Blink 182. Only reason Counting Crows was worse was because I had much higher expectations for that show. Adam Duritz was so drunk/stoned during the show though that you couldn't understand a word he was saying. Half the time I couldn't tell what song they were playing. It's the only show I've ever left early.

• Like 2

My top 3 would have to be:

The Flaming Lips at Kuyahoga 2006.  They were like being in a dream while watching them live.  The festival was a pretty awesome line-up: Sonic Youth, Murder by Death, Death Cab for Cutie, The Hold Steady and Wolfmother to name a Few

Gwar at Bogarts in Cincinnati.  First of, GWAR is a terrible band for their music.  However, their live show is absolutely incredible.  I laughed my ass off.  I also got to see them before Oderus Urungus (Dave Brockie) died.

The best show would still have to be Rise Against in my favorite concert venue, the Grog Shop in Cleveland in 2005.  I saw them on tour for their 3rd album, Siren Song of the Counter Culture.  They were just getting some national exposure, and there were only about 125-150 people there.  For one song, Tim, the lead singer, grabbed the rafter from the stage, only about 8 feet high, shimmied into the crowd, hung by his feet, and was singing/screaming while we had a circle pit around him.  It was absolutly amazing.

Runner ups:

The Get Up Kids, September 2017

Green Day, June 2005

Bright Eyes, 2003

• Like 1

Rush. I saw them three times, but I can't decide which one of the three was the best.

9 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I've been to a bunch, but the tops might be Pink Floyd in 1994. 

Damn, that's awesome. I have the Pulse DVD, but nothing beats seeing it in person. 

8 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

The best show would still have to be Rise Against in my favorite concert venue, the Grog Shop in Cleveland in 2005.  I saw them on tour for their 3rd album, Siren Song of the Counter Culture.

Imo, that's when they were at their best. Well, that and Sufferer & the Witness. Their new albums are good too, but nothing has managed to top those two for me (so far).

15 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Green Day put on the best sounding concert I've ever been to and Marilyn Manson put on the best show I've ever seen. I saw Green Day back in like 2000 or so at an all day music festival. Blink 182 was the headliner (and they SUCKED live). Green Day sounded amazing and for one song Billy Joe pulled people out of the audience to play. Some 10 year old kid was playing the four or five chords needed for the song and Billy Joe sang while these people from the crowd played for him. He let the kid keep the guitar afterward too. It was really awesome.

Billie Joe did that when I saw them last May. Pretty cool to know that he's done it for such a long time.

• Like 1

One of the last concert Linkin Park did of the One More Light tour (In The Netherlands) before something tragically happened..... I knew chester has a powerful voice but hearing him live... wow just wow. Glad I've experienced something like that. Don't go often to concert because I'm wearing hearing aids and tickets are pretty goddamn expensive here imo.

• Like 2

Not sure I could pick just one, so here's my top 3. 

Deftones, the first time I saw them. I only liked one of their albums at the time (Diamond Eyes), but after seeing them live I became a huge fan. 

Kanye West during the Yeezus tour.

The Weeknd during the King of the Fall tour. 

Some honorable mentions are Parkway Drive (I've seen them 3 times), Dream Theater and Nas

For me it has to be Download Festival 2017. It was my Stag do, so it was absolutely mental! I also got to see one of my favourite bands headline on the first night: System of a Down!! 

It was a great weekend and amongst the madness we got to see: 

• Five Finger Death Punch

• Alter Bridge 

• Rob Zombie

• Slayer

• Clutch

• Airbourne 

• Aerosmith 

There were many others. It was just AWESOME! 

Edited by R--K--9

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:06 AM, Feral said:

Saw Green Day last year and they were excellent.

Which one did you go to mate? I went to the one in Melbourne and it was really good.

Here's a few I've been to in the last two years:

Green Day (Rod Laver)

Foo Fighters (Etihad)

Grinspoon (Pier Bandroom)

Dune Rats (Pier)

Unwritten Law (Pier)

The Darkness (Max Watts)

Violent Soho (The Forum)

I had a great time at all of these but the ones at The Pier were the best imo because of the smaller venue and the opportunity for me to go crazy and slam into people (being a big guy) is really fun.

• Like 1

In terms of pure energy, I remember loving the Smashing Pumpkins gig I went to in Glasgow during the Machina tour, I think? (When Mellisa Auf Der Maur was with them) - was awesome, though I did burst one of my eardrums by being too close to the amp stacks and still don’t have 100% hearing in that ear... 

For wierdness, The Beta Band were pretty bizarre- the entire crowd was sitting on the floor due to the overpowering cloud of weed smoke, they played home-made versions of their own music videos in reverse on a big screen, then brought out a 7-foot rasta in a kilt to do spoken word poety over their own songs...

A few other memorable ones: saw the Wu-Tang in Manchester a few years ago with my wife, they were good, Arab Strap’s comeback tour a year ago was pretty awesome - letting the crowd choose the playlist made it very intimate, and they have a hell of a sound.

In terms of pure spectacle, its a toss-up between the ‘Twins of Evil’ double header tour with Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie  (I’ve always been a Manson fan, but didn’t really know much Zombie stuff, but both of them brought amazing shows - Zombie had these crazy giant robot things on stage and Manson had a different outfit seemingly at every song without any real breaks or down-time), and Taylor Swifts 1989 tour, which - say what you want about ticket prices - was an eye opener as to the kind of spectacle you can get when you are the most profitable and bankable artist on the planet at the time. Floating stages, Props, choreography, the whole works. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

29 minutes ago, Feral said:

The Brissie one.

They put on a hell of a show hey. Was yours at Rod Laver?

Yeah Rod Laver, was pretty close to the front and ended up having to walk out before they started the encore because my ears were absolutely shot.

Great stuff though, bit too much time spent going on about Trump instead of playing music but I guess that's what you get from a very politically  vocal punk band.

They said Victoria was the greatest state too so that seals it.

• Like 1